What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

shopping for WR with C Mike as bait (1 Viewer)

oukurt

Footballguy
14 team dynasty/ .5ppr scoring

In desperate need of improvement at WR position. Of these 3 WRs, rank how you would want to trade for them. Right now I have 1.WR M Thomas 2.WR D Baldwin 3.WR C Beasley (he just added a 2017 Rookie 2nd rounder pick to the pot should I take Beasley in the trade.)

Input appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gally - You think I can do better for C Mike? I love his production now, but will he lose carries to Rawls when he is healthy? Will he return to the Pete Carrol doghouse?

Appreciate the reply pal.

I would always start with something like the FBG Top 200 list to get a feel for what is reasonable for a guy.  In standard they list Christine Michael at 13 overall (not just running backs) and for PPR they put him 17, so that is the kind of value you should be looking for.  Or if you want another opinion the trade chart that Dave Richard puts together at CBS is pretty good (and since it is a free site, you can show that chart to your trading partner to show you are not completely crazy in putting together the deal).  Here's the one for week 7.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-week-7-rankings-trade-values-chart/

Obviously, all this stuff is still one guy's opinion, and same goes for you.  If you think Cole Beasley is going to the HOF then you should take the deal, even over a top 13 overall guy.  Differences of opinion is what makes for a horse race.

You say you are desperate for a WR - find somebody in your league that is desperate for an RB - that's the place to make the best deal that is a win-win for both.

Only other thing to keep in mind is nearly anything you find for ROS rankings is just that - this season - they don't take Dynasty into account at all.

Gally - You think I can do better for C Mike? I love his production now, but will he lose carries to Rawls when he is healthy? Will he return to the Pete Carrol doghouse?

you can get much better for C Mike, I personal don't see Rawls cutting too much in to his production, but I could be wrong. Mike has been running crazy and Carrol would be a ####### to try and stop the train C Mike is pushing. I personal just sent a trade to my leagues C Mike owner. ARob and L. Murray for him, I like his talent and run style in that offence, it would be crazy to trade for something lower then a top 15 WR

Fantasy Pros has weekly, ROS and dynasty rankings that are updated weekly. They combine all experts from across the nation and allow you to chose the experts you want to see.   And, it's free. 

Fantasy Pros 

yankeerebel said:
Fantasy Pros has weekly, ROS and dynasty rankings that are updated weekly. They combine all experts from across the nation and allow you to chose the experts you want to see.   And, it's free. 
Fantasy Pros is a great site, but the number of sites they collect info on for ROS is very limited (because the number of sites that post ROS is very limited).  And FBG no longer participates there, so none of the info for this site is included.

Michael is worth more than any of those guys. I think it is reasonable to think that Rawls is Michael's backup when they are both healthy.

I don't think Rawls comes  back  to take much at all from Michael at this point.  This is why I think you should be shooting higher in your look for a RB.  Most teams are short RB's so you shouldn't have much of a problem moving him if you really want to.  Like other's have said, I would be looking for a top 10-15 WR in return.

Users who are viewing this thread