What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Edwin Jackson (1 Viewer)

ChicagoArch

Footballguy
Colt's ILB Edwin Jackson got the start on Sunday. He still split time with McNary and ended with 4 tackles and a sack.

His nickname from the Cardinals is Pound Cake which is pretty good.

Anyone know anything about him?

With all of the offseason acquisitions on defense, it doesn't look like the Colts did much at LB.  Is Edwin Jackson on anyone's radar?

He's all over mine, and taken in every dynasty I am in, but the reality is he's probably JAG.  They did bring in Sean Spence who flashed at times in TEN though and is physically a very similar player and they made a play for Minter so I'm worried about how they may view Jackson.  D'Qwell Jackson was released and had a PED suspension last year but they could bring him back at a friendlier cap number (he was scheduled to be a $5.5M hit) if they miss in the draft.  They are a prime candidate to invest heavily in the position in the draft.  Lots of people like to mock Foster to them too if you buy into that.

JAG linebackers can have a ton of value if they hit thought.  Good enough that a weak team may not be able to replace them easily, bad enough that teams will run at them play after play after play.  I call it the Miles Burris Affect - that guy had no business on an NFL roster but the Raiders had nothing else that year and he was a high-end LB2 as a result.  I'm stashing Jackson everywhere I can for up to a 4th round rookie pick (12 man) but really anything more than that and I probably would just take my chances with a rookie. 

Users who are viewing this thread