What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan's random thoughts (1 Viewer)

Robar

Footballguy
I'm no Bramel or Norton and I'd never claim to be, but for those who know me I'm pretty good at finding players before most know who they are.  Full disclosure, I pick them up, recognizing their potential and then drop them while churning my roster before they are relevant because I'm looking for the next lightning in a bottle guy, but there are more than a few guys in my leagues that watch who I pick up and follow suit (all my leagues are 32 teamers with 53 man rosters and two copies of each player.)

I'll just continue to put anything I think is relevant in here and will keep using the same thread.  My current thought is this.  I think Levy is done and though Whitehead is locked in as a 100% LB this year, I think another LB will be playing 100% within a few weeks.  Antwione Williams does not appear to be the guy.  Fresh off the street, Bynes played 65% last week and Bostic is the 1 player the Lions are choosing to bring back from IR, and prior to going down Bostic was slated to start over Whitehead, and don't forget that the Lions traded for Bostic from the Pats.  I lean Bostic, but I think one of Bostic or Bynes will be a full time starter by week 12(after the bye).  Clearly this is for deep leagues, but something to keep an eye on.  I have a gut feeling (It could be the burrito I had last night) that by this time next year, Bostic is going to be a player we all wish we owned and one of Bynes or Bostic will be relevant down the stretch in deep leagues.

Thanks for posting - really appreciate it! I play in deep leagues ( 16 team X 45 man rosters, full IDP) and am always looking for sleepers before they hit.

One request...would it be too much to ask to BOLD the player names? Makes for easier reading and works well in other threads.

Thanks again!

I'm no Bramel or Norton and I'd never claim to be, but for those who know me I'm pretty good at finding players before most know who they are.  Full disclosure, I pick them up, recognizing their potential and then drop them while churning my roster before they are relevant because I'm looking for the next lightning in a bottle guy, but there are more than a few guys in my leagues that watch who I pick up and follow suit (all my leagues are 32 teamers with 53 man rosters and two copies of each player.)

I'll just continue to put anything I think is relevant in here and will keep using the same thread.  My current thought is this.  I think Levy is done and though Whitehead is locked in as a 100% LB this year, I think another LB will be playing 100% within a few weeks.  Antwione Williams does not appear to be the guy.  Fresh off the street, Bynes played 65% last week and Bostic is the 1 player the Lions are choosing to bring back from IR, and prior to going down Bostic was slated to start over Whitehead, and don't forget that the Lions traded for Bostic from the Pats.  I lean Bostic, but I think one of Bostic or Bynes will be a full time starter by week 12(after the bye).  Clearly this is for deep leagues, but something to keep an eye on.  I have a gut feeling (It could be the burrito I had last night) that by this time next year, Bostic is going to be a player we all wish we owned and one of Bynes or Bostic will be relevant down the stretch in deep leagues.
Why?

This is the same Bostic that CHI gave up on after only 2 years and then had exactly 1 tackle and 1 assist total in 11 games in NE last year?

"Whitehead is locked in as a 100% LB this year" ---- is this intended to imply Whitehead is not looking like a long term solution at ILB? (I think the wording could go either way so just want clarification)

I don't think Whitehead is a longterm starter, no. Bostic was in line to start until he got hurt. Yes, the same guy that rarely played in NE. Brandon Marshall couldn't find the field in JAX for a team that had Poz and not much else, so the fact Bostic was average at best in CHI and flamed in NE doesn't faze me. I'll expound more when I get time, but yes I think Bostic can and will still be a dynasty quality LB. I may miss the mark here big time but considering he's currently free in most all formats, keep an eye on him.

I'm not trying to tear down your opinion, just expressing skepticism based upon what I have seen out of Bostic. I've never owned him so this isn't sour grapes. 

And believe me I understand getting a good feeling about a guy and rostering them for future value. I'm doing that myself right now with Nate Stupar and Vince Williams. I just don't think that the light will come on with Bostic. And I'll qualify that with adding I've sure been completely wrong enough times in the past. 

Users who are viewing this thread