What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings week 11 (1 Viewer)

podunker

Footballguy
I will go ahead and start a thread. I do think there is a difference in FD. Especially when it comes to pass catching RB's and target rich WR that don't score TDs. 

I read both threads anyway, because I play on both sites. 

First Quick LU Build:

Dalton-Blount-Ware-AJ-Pryor-Adams-Bennett-Kelley-Lions

I also like a Cousins/Reed stack in 1 LU. 

I had my worst week of year last week, so really need turn it around this week. None of my 3 cash LU hit, which is the first time I think that's happened on DK. It's also happened once on FD. 

2 of 3 hit on FD last week, and 0-3 on DK, and I was using a lot of the same players. So there is a difference. I did go cheap on QB last week on DK, but not on FD. Maybe that was what did me in!

The Flex spot is big over here........I thought Sproles was a perfect play in that spot last week. Plus I like not having to pick a stinking Kicker!

Last edited by a moderator:
podunker said:
I had my worst week of year last week, so really need turn it around this week. None of my 3 cash LU hit, which is the first time I think that's happened on DK. It's also happened once on FD. 

2 of 3 hit on FD last week, and 0-3 on DK, and I was using a lot of the same players. So there is a difference. I did go cheap on QB last week on DK, but not on FD. Maybe that was what did me in!

The Flex spot is big over here........I thought Sproles was a perfect play in that spot last week. Plus I like not having to pick a stinking Kicker!
Interesting.  I had the opposite, and DK is what made the week not a complete loss overall.  I think I posted but 1 LU hit big, and one hit the lower end stuff.  I did fairly well in the gpps here too.  Opposite on FD. 

You might have posted them in the other thread, but what were your 3 DK LUs last week?  I whiffed at TE big time and Sproles was my flex.  Here were my two:

Mariota - Gordon/DJ - Brown/Diggs/Inman - Hooper - Sproles - LA  (180.4)

Rodgers - Gordon/DJ - D.Thomas/Jeffrey/Inman - Kendricks - Sproles - LA (145.14)

One thing I have tried to do the last couple weeks is compile my list of guys that I like for cash and gpps and look at the E-valuator link on the DFS page here to steer me a little bit to who to play on which site.  I also make a list myself with all the players that get a ton of targets.  I then have their FD salary, DK salary and projections/ratio down so I can see a little bit who might be a good play where.  I miss more times than not, but just thinking out loud and sharing a little of my process.  Figure if we bounce ideas off each other around these parts we all get better...

podunker said:
I will go ahead and start a thread. I do think there is a difference in FD. Especially when it comes to pass catching RB's and target rich WR that don't score TDs. 

I read both threads anyway, because I play on both sites. 

First Quick LU Build:

Dalton-Blount-Ware-AJ-Pryor-Adams-Bennett-Kelley-Lions

I also like a Cousins/Reed stack in 1 LU. 
One thing that I notice about this LU is that none of your RBs scream ppr guy to me.  For floor, I think having a pass catching back is essential on DK in cash, and TDs weigh a little heavier on FD.  I usually try to pay up for guys like DJ, Bell, Gordon, D.Murray b/c they are also involved in the pass game as well.  Just the way I start I guess.  Ware is involved in both, but Kelley and Blount are just Power/TD guys that I usually like more on FD. 

Instead of Blount, I might try to find a few extra hundred and get to McCoy.  Instead of Kelley, maybe get up to Riddick or go with Bernard.  (Not commenting specifically on this week, just giving an idea of my thinking). 

IF Blount or Kelley don't get a TD, you might be sunk for the week, where a guy like Riddick might get you that extra 5-6 points from receptions, and if he gets a TD it's just gravy.   

Well after a few nights rest I think I have come back to my senses. I switched my Thur/Mon LU to this........

Thur/Mon cash: Dalton-DJ-Howard-AJ-Diggs-SS-Kendricks-Sproles-Jax

I still hate Jax at Defense,  :loco:  but the experts seem to like them and they are cheap playing against a terrible QB. The problem is their QB is terrible too. 

DJ and Sproles will be heavily owned so I feel like I have to play them. I am all in on Kendricks this week at TE. 

Main slate cash L:Cutler-DJ-Gordon-Evans-Jefferey-Inman-Kendricks-Sproles-Jets

Sun/Mon Cash:Dak-Zeke-Bell-JJ Nelson-Beasley-Kendrick-Gordon-Jax

Almost every LU has some risk to it at WR. Inman, Beasley, JJ Nelson just need to hit value. If a guy wanted to use DJ and Sproles at RB, and not use RB at the flex spot, he could limit the risk at WR. I just feel like I need to go with 3 RB's this week. 

I would have liked to go higher at QB, but I just didn't like my LU's when I did. 

Of course I have a day to ponder on all this, so who knows what will happen! :D
This is what I originally went with last week. I ended up changing the one LU with Dax on Sunday morning after listening to a podcast. Of course, it was the one that would have cashed. 

I said early in the week last week that I just couldn't get comfortable with my LU's on DK. Which is unusual for me, usually its just the opposite. 

After looking back, I got away from my process, and I think it really cost me. I always use 3 different TE's in each LU. For what ever reason, I didn't do that last week, and the one guy I went all in on flopped. 

Another area I got away from my process was at QB. I  try to always use a different tier guy in each LU. High, Med, Low if the value is there. I didn't do that last week. I went low tier in every LU. That's also what I try to do at TE, and DEF. Totally forgot last week. 

I honestly think I just didn't start from the beginning of my process like every other week. I have been trying to learn Basketball DFS, and it was cutting into my time. Because of that, I took shortcuts that I shouldn't have. 

Almost like information overload. I even confused myself throughout the week. I knew Murray was a great play that nobody was talking about, yet I didn't play him on DK, but did on FD. He is even more valuable on DK than FD! 

I even had a good feeling about Ryan Mathews last week if they could keep the game close, even commented on it, but still didn't even use him in a GPP. 

Interesting.  I had the opposite, and DK is what made the week not a complete loss overall.  I think I posted but 1 LU hit big, and one hit the lower end stuff.  I did fairly well in the gpps here too.  Opposite on FD. 

You might have posted them in the other thread, but what were your 3 DK LUs last week?  I whiffed at TE big time and Sproles was my flex.  Here were my two:

Mariota - Gordon/DJ - Brown/Diggs/Inman - Hooper - Sproles - LA  (180.4)

Rodgers - Gordon/DJ - D.Thomas/Jeffrey/Inman - Kendricks - Sproles - LA (145.14)

One thing I have tried to do the last couple weeks is compile my list of guys that I like for cash and gpps and look at the E-valuator link on the DFS page here to steer me a little bit to who to play on which site.  I also make a list myself with all the players that get a ton of targets.  I then have their FD salary, DK salary and projections/ratio down so I can see a little bit who might be a good play where.  I miss more times than not, but just thinking out loud and sharing a little of my process.  Figure if we bounce ideas off each other around these parts we all get better...
Great idea about bouncing ideas of each other, it might help me stay on track. 

Once again, I usually do exactly what you said each week since its been up  with the Evaluator Chart.........didn't do it last week!  :wall:

Another thing I always do is make a chart on paper with salaries to the right, from lowest to highest. I usually stop at 6000 for RB/WR and 4500 for TE. At the top, I list RB/WR/TE. I then go down the money chart and will right in which players I like starting with the least priced to highest at bottom. What this does for me is shows me who is a good value to and also compares that player to players at different positions around him. 

Once again, didn't do it last week... :wall:  (mostly because I thought Sproles was a lock for the flex spot, but I still think I should have looked. I could have just played him in a RB slot and put someone else in flex.)

The two biggie mistakes I made I listed above. 

Every week I try to use a different QB/TE/D in each of the 3 LU's I do. I also try to take a player/def from different tiers when doing that, High/Mid/Low. Now I won't force myself to do it, but its something I always at least look at, and usually works out. I limits a lot of risk, and also by doing this, forces you to look at all the options at each position. Last week was a prime example, because I didn't follow my plan, I didn't even look beyond the top 3 or 4 RB's. If I would have done it, I would have saw that I didn't have Murray or Blount or whoever. Same at TE, I was locked in on cheap and never even looked at Walker. 

Bottom line, I think because I didn't follow my process, it made me feel very uncomfortable about my choices. Being uncomfortable also contributed to me making a whole LU change on Sunday morning, which I never do! I was so uncomfortable, I wanted someone to validate my choices, and when that didn't happen, I was easily swayed. 

I really need to write down my process............. :excited: :thumbup:     Think I will!!!!!

Well as I suspected not so great last week. I played two lineups but played pretty light, 150.98 on one of them thanks to Walker that cashed a couple double ups and 141.98 on my Matt Ryan lineup that was a bust.

This week building around 3 key cost savers. M. Bennett at TE if Gronk is out as seems to be the thought. Dolphins D at $2900 against the Goff making his first start seems like easy pickings and then Eddie Royal for $3400 with Alshon out.

My question is can we trust Bortles vs Detroit or Cousins vs Green Bay in cash play ? I usually have the best results with paying up for QB but those two seem to be good matchups and when combined with the other saving let you get 3 high priced WR/RB's.

Anyone else really like the Double Bubble game ?  It pays the top 40%$5 on a $3 entry but if your line up happens to off the top 85 have a GPP style payout. Cash point usually is close to the big double ups although last week my 150 lineup was just short.

Well as I suspected not so great last week. I played two lineups but played pretty light, 150.98 on one of them thanks to Walker that cashed a couple double ups and 141.98 on my Matt Ryan lineup that was a bust.

This week building around 3 key cost savers. M. Bennett at TE if Gronk is out as seems to be the thought. Dolphins D at $2900 against the Goff making his first start seems like easy pickings and then Eddie Royal for $3400 with Alshon out.

My question is can we trust Bortles vs Detroit or Cousins vs Green Bay in cash play ? I usually have the best results with paying up for QB but those two seem to be good matchups and when combined with the other saving let you get 3 high priced WR/RB's.

Anyone else really like the Double Bubble game ?  It pays the top 40%$5 on a $3 entry but if your line up happens to off the top 85 have a GPP style payout. Cash point usually is close to the big double ups although last week my 150 lineup was just short.
I like those 3 that you are building around.  Still not 100% sure about the Chicago WRs in general though. 

I like Cousins a lot more than Bortles - home, higher total, better chance at shootout. 

have a feeling that BUF - CIN is a sneaky shoot-out. Considering Robert Woods and AJ Green in this contest.

have a feeling that BUF - CIN is a sneaky shoot-out. Considering Robert Woods and AJ Green in this contest.
I really like Taylor as a gpp QB this week, and Clay is dirt cheap and Cinc D gives up a lot to the TE.  He hasn't done a ton lately, but that is what a 2600 salary punt play is all about.  Cinci is giving up the most yds to TEs and the 3rd most pts/game to TEs on the season so far.  Taylor is 5600, so a combo of only 8200 for your gpp stack allows you to get some upgrades at RB and Wr. 

I really like Taylor as a gpp QB this week, and Clay is dirt cheap and Cinc D gives up a lot to the TE.  He hasn't done a ton lately, but that is what a 2600 salary punt play is all about.  Cinci is giving up the most yds to TEs and the 3rd most pts/game to TEs on the season so far.  Taylor is 5600, so a combo of only 8200 for your gpp stack allows you to get some upgrades at RB and Wr. 
Not a bad play, the concern with Clay is always targets. Some notes from the Rotoworld worksheet (Rich Hribar):

23.9 percent of Taylor's fantasy output has come via passing touchdowns, the lowest rate in the league.

Robert Woods has 27.6 percent of the team targets in the games he’s been active without Sammy Watkins.

The Bills have averaged 3.8 offensive touchdowns per game at home (1st) and 2.2 per game (16th) on the road.

----------

At 2500 I might go with Ladarius Green as a punt play. If he gets a few more targets against the also-terrible-at-defending-TE's Browns, could certainly pan out.

pbandy1 said:
Not a bad play, the concern with Clay is always targets. Some notes from the Rotoworld worksheet (Rich Hribar):

23.9 percent of Taylor's fantasy output has come via passing touchdowns, the lowest rate in the league.

Robert Woods has 27.6 percent of the team targets in the games he’s been active without Sammy Watkins.

The Bills have averaged 3.8 offensive touchdowns per game at home (1st) and 2.2 per game (16th) on the road.

----------

At 2500 I might go with Ladarius Green as a punt play. If he gets a few more targets against the also-terrible-at-defending-TE's Browns, could certainly pan out.
You are probably right and like the Green punt play as well.  Clay isn't horrible with the targets - over 5/game average, but isn't great either. 

They raised up the RB pricing some more but it still makes a lot of sense to start your cash games with Bell this week. He's getting a massive amount of targets in addition to the rushing floor. 

Prosise seems like another no brainer. He will have 100% pass down work and likely more as it's hard to project Rawls for anything more than about 20 snaps. 

At WR I'm looking right now at Adams as the first guy. I'm guilty of using last year's bias that he sucks, but his catch rate has been really good. Still waiting to make sure of what Norman is planning to do in this game, but probably want a piece of this passing game. 

They raised up the RB pricing some more but it still makes a lot of sense to start your cash games with Bell this week. He's getting a massive amount of targets in addition to the rushing floor. 

Prosise seems like another no brainer. He will have 100% pass down work and likely more as it's hard to project Rawls for anything more than about 20 snaps. 

At WR I'm looking right now at Adams as the first guy. I'm guilty of using last year's bias that he sucks, but his catch rate has been really good. Still waiting to make sure of what Norman is planning to do in this game, but probably want a piece of this passing game. 
I agree with your first couple points.  I know we all stressed out last week at the start, but Sproles did come through, and I think Prosise has a similar floor for that 4200.  Honestly I haven't have done a cash LU with him in there yet, as I usually focus on the stud RBs and see what I can squeeze out of that first on DK. 

I still haven't decided on the GB side of the ball, but would think that Norman will be on Nelson.  I think it was the Worksheet that said Wash struggles with the slot guys, so I have been staring at Cobb's name too wondering if that is something to look at (probably for gpp though?)

Seems like I am ending up with Riddick and Tate in the cash games, and I really don't know if I like that. 

Once again very busy this week with work. But right now here is my core for my 3 cash LU's

QB- Brees, Cousins, Taylor of Kaep

RB- Bell-CJ- Ware-Murray, Riddick, McCoy

TE-Bennett, Reed, Clay or Ebron

WR-AB, AJ, Edel, Cobb, Snead, Diggs, Royal not 100% percent for sure here. 

Brees and Snead will be going out tonight. Have Cam and Kelvin going in FD. 

Gotta go, but will discuss later..........

Any comments/questions/concerns on these two for cash:

Dalton - Bell/Riddick - Green/Crowder/Tate - Bennett - Gore - Dallas

Cousins - Bell/D.Murray - Pryor/Tate/Royal - Bennett - Blount - Dallas

IVC liked both (well, at least Dodds did) to the tune of 160+. 

Going cheap at Qb on DK this week, and it looks like Brady/Ben/Mariota/Luck will probably be my FD Qbs. 

Any comments/questions/concerns on these two for cash:

Dalton - Bell/Riddick - Green/Crowder/Tate - Bennett - Gore - Dallas

Cousins - Bell/D.Murray - Pryor/Tate/Royal - Bennett - Blount - Dallas

IVC liked both (well, at least Dodds did) to the tune of 160+. 

Going cheap at Qb on DK this week, and it looks like Brady/Ben/Mariota/Luck will probably be my FD Qbs. 
On the second one, I'm a bit wary of Eddie Royal. I know Alshon Jeffery is out, but it is too much of a gamble IMO for cash. Perhaps Riddick as your RB2 to give you some cap space to replace Royal?

I still haven't decided on the GB side of the ball, but would think that Norman will be on Nelson.  I think it was the Worksheet that said Wash struggles with the slot guys, so I have been staring at Cobb's name too wondering if that is something to look at (probably for gpp though?)
I want a part of the GB offense as well - I think they win this game in an upset. I do think Nelson is a fade because of Norman, so the options are Cobb, Adams, and Starks. I'm actually liking Starks here because he is only $4200. The GB offensive line is average in run blocking but WAS up front is ranked near the bottom with OAK, CLE, and SF. I could also see a lot of receptions here for Starks if Rodgers has to throw 40+ times again.

On the second one, I'm a bit wary of Eddie Royal. I know Alshon Jeffery is out, but it is too much of a gamble IMO for cash. Perhaps Riddick as your RB2 to give you some cap space to replace Royal?
I am too.  I am staring at that as well.  I just really liked that I was able to get my top 3 RBs in there, and wasn't sure if I wanted Riddick in both of my LUs along with Tate.    

Maybe I am not seeing it, but is there even a sub-3600 option at WR this week?  If I took out Royal, that is the amount left. 

Instead of Royal/Blount, I and the IVC saw these replacement combos:

Edelman/Witten

Baldwin/Prosise or J.Matthews/Prosise

Woods/Riddick. 

I will keep staring at this one, appreciate the input.  I did avoid the cheap, Chicago WRs on FD so I was trying to assess if I am willing to risk Royal in 1/6th of my LUs this week. 

I am too.  I am staring at that as well.  I just really liked that I was able to get my top 3 RBs in there, and wasn't sure if I wanted Riddick in both of my LUs along with Tate.    

Maybe I am not seeing it, but is there even a sub-3600 option at WR this week?  If I took out Royal, that is the amount left. 

Instead of Royal/Blount, I and the IVC saw these replacement combos:

Edelman/Witten

Baldwin/Prosise or J.Matthews/Prosise

Woods/Riddick. 

I will keep staring at this one, appreciate the input.  I did avoid the cheap, Chicago WRs on FD so I was trying to assess if I am willing to risk Royal in 1/6th of my LUs this week. 
Jeremy Kerley perhaps? He got 7 targets and a TD last week against the Cardinals. Maybe he can get some garbage time against a much easier NE defense.

pbandy1 said:
Jeremy Kerley perhaps? He got 7 targets and a TD last week against the Cardinals. Maybe he can get some garbage time against a much easier NE defense.
I saw him too.  I started feeling like I was just shoving in stuff to shove in stuff.  I also usually will let one guy in from a team with a lower projected team total, but start second guessing when I have 2 in there. so not sure I love Pryor and Kerley/Royal in there.  Looked at my notes, and went back to the drawing board and came up with:

Cousins - Bell/Ware - Diggs/Edelman/Tate - Bennett - Prosise - Dallas  with 300 left over.

Not sure about Edelman and Bennett in there, but with the 300 that give me wiggle room to tweak it around - could do Cobb, go up a little in QB, etc.  

Now that I am staring at it, I really like the core of Bell/Ware/Diggs/Bennett/Prosise I might just do like on FD and use that as my core and mix it up a little with other positions.  It gets me off of the sub5000 WRs that I don't seem to like this week, and still give me some room to get a guy like Mariota in there for a LU. 

Ok, my Friday entry placeholder for Cash games. I might tweek this a bit and then enter a 2nd one in a few less game.

Cousins

Bell

Riddick

Hilton

Tate

T. Hill

Walker

Prosise

Dolphins

Lineup #2

Bortles

McCoy

Ware

A.Brown

M. Evans or AJ Green, leaning Evans because with Hill in the lineup not sure I want 3 pieces of that game.

Kerley

Bennett

J. Hill

Titans

I may swap Cousins and Bortles and make this my main lineup, it is growing on me.

Leaning towards this in double ups:

Cousins

Bell-Prosise-Crowell

Evans-Baldwin-Edelman

Bennett

Chiefs 

I know everyone is on Bell and that's why I'm wary of not rostering him. But if the forecast Sunday morning is really crazy in Cleveland, I might dump Bell-Crowell for Ware-McCoy. 

Tough to find a WR3 I felt comfortable with, which kind of pushed me onto a couple value running backs. 

Leaning towards this in double ups:

Cousins

Bell-Prosise-Crowell

Evans-Baldwin-Edelman

Bennett

Chiefs 

I know everyone is on Bell and that's why I'm wary of not rostering him. But if the forecast Sunday morning is really crazy in Cleveland, I might dump Bell-Crowell for Ware-McCoy. 

Tough to find a WR3 I felt comfortable with, which kind of pushed me onto a couple value running backs. 
Is it supposed to be rainy too, or just windy?  If just wind, I thought that would steer the game towards those backs. 

Is it supposed to be rainy too, or just windy?  If just wind, I thought that would steer the game towards those backs. 
Rain/snow mix and gusts up to 50 MPH last I saw. That is the type of weather that could impact everything. Especially with a guy like Bell who is only worth $8800 because he's seeing 10 targets per game.

The over/under has already dropped from 49.5 to 45. I want to see where it ends up Sunday morning before deciding, but maybe Bell isn't a must play this week. 

Rain/snow mix and gusts up to 50 MPH last I saw. That is the type of weather that could impact everything. Especially with a guy like Bell who is only worth $8800 because he's seeing 10 targets per game.

The over/under has already dropped from 49.5 to 45. I want to see where it ends up Sunday morning before deciding, but maybe Bell isn't a must play this week. 
Hmmm very interesting about the weather. I mentioned that earlier and with the Vegas line moving like it is, there's definitely some credence to it. 

I think in a GPP line-up I am considering Eli Rogers. It's possible with the weather that he gets a lot of short passes in the slot... but then again, maybe not. 

If Bell doesn't pan out, what do you guys think about David Johnson? His match-up isn't great against the MIN defensive front (6th best DVOA), but he'll certainly get a lot of opportunity. Maybe this is a week that you can get by with lower priced RBs such as Blount, Gore, Ware, etc.

Wow.  So basically the BS that we are seeing here in WI/Minn now.  Definitely something to keep an eye on, and at the very least decrease exposure to him - maybe mix in some D.Murray instead?

pbandy1 said:
If Bell doesn't pan out, what do you guys think about David Johnson? His match-up isn't great against the MIN defensive front (6th best DVOA), but he'll certainly get a lot of opportunity. Maybe this is a week that you can get by with lower priced RBs such as Blount, Gore, Ware, etc.
Seems like they stressed a lot on the Power Grid podcast this week this is a week to pay up at RB actually.  Of course I don't know if they said what the level of "paying up to is".  Right now I have Bell/Ware/Prosise as my Rbs, but probably should mix that up. 

DJ is matchup proof, along with Bell, Murray, and Zeke.  The first 3 because of their activity in the pass game, Zeke just because of that OL.  Minnesota has shown that they can be run on - Kelley got 97 on them last week, Riddick had 70yds on 14 carries two weeks ago, and Howard lit them up for 134 and a TD 3 weeks ago.  They have given up receptions and yds to Rbs too.  The problem with Minn is that their D is good, but their O is so piss poor that their D is on the field a lot and has been getting worn down.  The negative I see is the very low implied team total for AZ, but this is DJ - if their total was only 14 he is the best bet to get those 2 scores. 

Should you go 100% on DJ? No.  But I will probably be sprinkling him and Murray in more to relieve having too much Bell on the two sites. 

Love to get some opinions on this scenario for this week and in future.................

I played a cash LU in the Thur/Mon slate and I don't think I am looking too good after the Thursday night game. 

Brees-Ware-Mccoy-Cobb-Snead-Royal-Bennett-Bell-Dal

Brees got me 17, and Snead really killed me with 7. So I figure I am at least 10-15 in hole going into weekend. 

How do you all deal with this on DK? Being able to change out players after kickoff should have some advantages. Should I go in and change some things up with higher risk players? Should I try to go in and move more to Chalk? I a week were I think people are going to pay up at RB, should I go low there and high at WR in hopes of gaining some ground? Just curious if other guys have had this problem and what they did? Should I move off Bennett, knowing everyone will have him, in hopes of gaining ground on them?

I have adjusted the LU a little.........right now I have.......Brees-Ware-DJ-Snead-Patton-Tate-Bennett-Bell-Dal

Reason: I think Bell, DJ, Ware could be the 3 highest scoring RB's this week. Patton is a pivot off Royal. A lot of people will be on Royal I think, and Patton is actually less risk IMO. Patton has been getting the targets and they will be playing from behind. Plus, Smith is injured. I feel like Z. Miller is actually the guy that sees the most targets on the Bears, and you also have Meredith. I tried to get off Bennett, but he is just too good of a value. Tate should see a ton of targets and I think is pretty good value at his price point. He has a chance to break one every time he catches because of his running ability. 

Love to get some opinions on this scenario for this week and in future.................

I played a cash LU in the Thur/Mon slate and I don't think I am looking too good after the Thursday night game. 

Brees-Ware-Mccoy-Cobb-Snead-Royal-Bennett-Bell-Dal

Brees got me 17, and Snead really killed me with 7. So I figure I am at least 10-15 in hole going into weekend. 

How do you all deal with this on DK? Being able to change out players after kickoff should have some advantages. Should I go in and change some things up with higher risk players? Should I try to go in and move more to Chalk? I a week were I think people are going to pay up at RB, should I go low there and high at WR in hopes of gaining some ground? Just curious if other guys have had this problem and what they did? Should I move off Bennett, knowing everyone will have him, in hopes of gaining ground on them?

I have adjusted the LU a little.........right now I have.......Brees-Ware-DJ-Snead-Patton-Tate-Bennett-Bell-Dal

Reason: I think Bell, DJ, Ware could be the 3 highest scoring RB's this week. Patton is a pivot off Royal. A lot of people will be on Royal I think, and Patton is actually less risk IMO. Patton has been getting the targets and they will be playing from behind. Plus, Smith is injured. I feel like Z. Miller is actually the guy that sees the most targets on the Bears, and you also have Meredith. I tried to get off Bennett, but he is just too good of a value. Tate should see a ton of targets and I think is pretty good value at his price point. He has a chance to break one every time he catches because of his running ability. 
@podunker

Gotta ask - when you say you did a cash LU, does that mean 1 $2 entry, or are we talking one LU that you have in a bunch of contests?

I have just talked myself out of those low $ guys.  I guess my gut is that since you know you are behind a little with Snead not doing much, it might be better to go chalky/take even less risks with the other guys.  I think that Bell/Prosise/Bennett might the highest owned guys for cash this week.  IF you went to Prosise instead of DJ, that would get you away from having to take a shot on a Chic or SF guy and get you a WR in the high 6000s.  OR if you went safe guys like Gore or Riddick you could get a 5000s WR like Pryor/Baldwin/Crowder?

If we are just talking a couple contests, I would stick with what you adjusted to and trust your process. 

Another odd sneaky way to play it safe might be to use that 7900 on Hilton instead of DJ, and play a TE at flex - Witten?  Or instead of DJ/Patton, Pryor/Eifert?  Just spitballing here...

I've been seeing a lot of interest in Cousins this week. Just my .02 cents, I would fade Cousins in cash this week gents.

If this was a 12pm game,  or 3pm game I would be all over him. However, Cousins is not reliable in primetime.

Just a fair warning even though he is at home. I'm predicting 2-3 interceptions.

Karma, (sorry so long to reply, on swing shift)

When I say "cash" LU, I mean "my type" of cash LU. I have this in my usual plays the I do with each LU. 2x, 3x, 5x, 3-100 Man leagues. Usually only entry in each league, a few 5x, and few 3x, and several 2x.  So, I am thinking I don't like the low end WR's either. I was only thinking that nobody would probably go 3 Stud RB and I might make up some ground there. I feel like RB's are more consistent than WR's for the most part. 

I just can't go with Royal, or any of the Bears, no matter how much they are pushed by the experts. I like Cobb, but am worried about his injury status still limiting him. I will think on it some more, but am leaning on going saver at WR. Lots of good suggestions though. 

This is my final adjustment on this after some tinkering.......Brees-Ware-Mccoy-Snead-Cobb-Evans-Bennett-Prosise-Dal

My final top cash plays this week after all my research is done. Some may surprise..........

QB-Taylor, Wilson, Luck, Cousins

RB1- Bell, Murray, Zeke, DJ, McCoy

RB2-Ware, Martin, Gore

RB3- Sproles, Kelley, Prosise, R. Mathews, Starks, Crowell

WR1-OBJ, AJ, Evans, TY

WR2-Adams, Edel, Moncrief, S. Smith, Baldwin, Cobb

WR3- Tate, R. Matthews, Marvin, Lee, Garcon

TE-Reed, Walker, Graham, Eifert, Bennett

D-NYG, MINN, MIA, DAL

I like every player on here for cash games, but just the one in bold do I have in my LU's. Taylor and Wilson seem like too big of bargains to pass up for Luck and Cousins. Taylor just keeps putting up scores no matter who is on the field with him. He is averaging 23-25 points a game the last 4. He did it against a pretty good SEA defense in Seattle a few weeks ago, and has done it against pretty good defenses all season. Cincy has 5th worst pas and run defense over the last 5 weeks, which is also why I like McCoy. Wilson is trending in the right direction health wise and I his offensive line is playing better. I just like him at home vs Cousins on the road at Green Bay better. I think Wilson has a decent chance to get the 300 yard bonus, but not great. Taylor won't get it, but may have 6 extra points just from running and has a great chance at a rushing TD. 

RB1's speak for themselves this week. I probably like Murray the best myself against that terrible Colt rush defense. Bell and DJ are not getting a lot of rushing yards, but are making up for it on pass catches. Murray and Zeke are getting over 100 rushing yards a game. McCoy is darn close in the games he has been healthy. Plus they can all 3 catch the ball. 

RB2's I would call Gore a borderline RB2. The other two are both steals this week in my opinion. Ware is getting talked about, but nobody seems to be paying attention to Martin at all. Him and Ware are both back healthy and the lead backs on their teams. KC is middle of the road against the run and TB is bad against the run. I think this game is going to be a lot closer than people think and both teams will be able to stick with a balanced attack. If TB gets up, Ware will still be in catching passes. Martin has shown that he can be a stud in the past, I just don't see a 4th string RB taking much of his work this week. 

RB3- When the week first started I thought Promise might be the only value guy, but after finishing my process, I found lots of guys that I thought were playable. Everyone is off Sproles this week, and he is going to be catching passes as they try to stay in the game. Seattle's defense is not what it used to be. Blount ran on them last week, and I think the Eagles can too. I think the Seahawks are in the process of going from a defensive oriented team to an offensive oriented team. Promise is going to be used all over the place I believe, much like Sproles. Plus he is going to be very highly owned on DK, so I think you need to get him in your LU's. Kelley is going to be the bell cow in Washington, and I think we have seen GB can be run on. They just need to stay in the game for him to be effective. Starks is flying under the radar also, I think GB wants to get back to a more conventional offense, and they can this week. The best way to beat Washington is to run on them, plus it sets up the play action that they have not had lately. I could see Starks getting in the end zone for sure. Crowell is a bargain guy that I am actually using this week myself. Its suppose to be a sloppy game, and the Steeler can't stop the run. Ben and the Steelers have stunk it up before when they were heavily favored on the road, remember the Miami game. Crowell only needs 10-12 points to reach value, I think he will get a TD and 60-80 yards, if they just give him the ball. 

WR1- I know AB is a stud, and will be played heavily. I know he is not on my list. He may well go off, but I think his price is too high. If Ben was at home, and in good weather, I would have him on my list. I like the other 3 studs and TY better at their price. AJ is going get all kinds of targets and the Bills are the worst in the league agains WR's. Peters may not play for KC, and even if he does, Evans shouldn't be on the same side as he is. Winston is glued to him when he passes the ball. He and AJ are so big, strong, and fast, they are unstoppable. AJ is the better player, better hands, faster, better after the catch, but Evans if big and strong. OBJ is in a good spot, I don't care if Porter is on him or not. I like TY on the turf at home after a week off. He will get some long bombs from Luck and catch one or two. 

WR2- I didn't really want to go past these guys on my cash games, but ended up doing it anyway. All of them are going to get targets, Adams may get the most on GB this week with Jordy having Norman on him. Now that Cobb is playing, I would add him to the list. When Brady passes its going to Edel or Bennett for the most part. Moncrief is back and Luck likes him for their possession/red zone guy. Baldwin and Smith are always under rated. I am not expecting 3 TD's for Baldwin, but 1 is highly likely. Flacco loves Smith and they will be passing to stay in game. I actually think this could be a trap game for the Cowboys and Smith loves being the underdog. 

WR3- Like I said, I really didn't want to have to go to this group this week, but ended doing it. I love the way Stafford is playing this year. He is a great passer. So good, I almost put him on this list. They have all their weapons back this week, but I still think Tate gets targets with everyone back. He is fantastic after the catch. Marvin had flown off everyones radar, but he is still a excellent deep threat. I know the Jags have a pretty good pass defense, but there weakest spot is the deep ball. I like Marvin to rebound this week. I really think Detroit scores a bunch this week. Lee may be the beneficiary on the other side. Matthews has been pretty hot, and Marcus seems to be looking of him second on the list after Walker. High scoring game should help his prospects. I kind of like the Washington pass game this week, but with DJax looking like he is going to play, I just don't know who is going to get the targets. I like all of these guys better than any Bears WR out there. You can play Royal if you want, not me. 

TE- Bennett is going to be the most owned player this week, and deservedly so. He should should easily reach tournament value much less cash value. He will be up to 75% owned so you are killing yourself if you don't play him in cash. You can put him in the flex spot, and that is nice on DK. Reed is a great TE, but read above about too many mouths to feed in Washington. I like Eifert this week, but just could't fit him in. I think the Cinci/Buff game is going to be a shootout. Graham may see some TD's come his way this week from Wilson, I like him at home also with the new fangled offense Seattle is running. 

Good luck everyone........most to the same plays are going for me on FD for a lot of the same reasons with a few exceptions. 

Great stuff, podunker!

I have a lot of those guys as well.  Couple we might disagree for cash/gpp, but still like the plays.  Honestly, I think the only one that wasn't on my list for whatever reason was Marvin.  Just doesn't seem like he has been getting his in the last few weeks, and Jax actually seems good at shutting down the long stuff and are stingiest as far as yds/att to wrs go. 

Martin is a guy that I really liked for gpp, and threw him in a couple.  Everybody is on the KC side of that with Ware and others, but KC is giving up the 3rd most yds/attempt, and the 6th most yards/g on the ground.  They can be run on, and he should see some receiving targets too. 

I did like Gurley for a gpp this week with his 5000 price until I saw him as a late addition to the injury report.  No thanks, I just pivoted to Martin. 

IMO there is a reason they keep jacking up the price on the RBs - that is what to target, especially since most of the studs are involved in the passing game too.  Every week I have done fairly well plugging in 3 stud RBs with a stack and a couple cheap options at WR.  They made it hard this week with the price increase, but I am stubborn and still popped out some.  Let's just say the WR options were interesting this week.  Here's a couple examples:

Wilson - Bell/D.Murray - Baldwin/Thielen/Sharpe - Bennett - DJ - Dallas

Thielen averages 4pts more/game at home, and maybe Peterson will have a little success shutting down Diggs if he follows him around.  We know they won't be able to run the ball, so Bradford might be throwing it 40+ times again.  Sharpe I am just hoping for some passes going his way in shootout game everyone is expecting. 

Mariota - DJ/Zeke - R.Matthews/Hurns/T.Hill - McDonald - McCoy - Seattle

McDonald is one that I kept coming back to as a cheap TE option.  They want to get the TE involved in Chip's offense, and they will be playing from behind.  Not that they have many options in SF, but I would assume NE will try to take Kaep's and Hyde's running options away and make him throw.  Hurns actually has better #s on the road this year, and maybe garbage time Bortles can get him the ball more.  Hill is just a freak of nature and only needs 2 targets to get 2 TDs. 

Are those for GPP's or Cash? 

I like your logic on the pics, but for Cash it would scare me a little. Sharpe is a no go for me for sure. I like Matthews alright. I like Wright better than Sharpe, and wouldn't play either in cash games. I feel like Walker is No 1, with Murray and Matthews No. 2/3, the other 2 are after thoughts. 

Thielen is sound logic, but it might be Patterson who gets the call or Rudolph, if they stop Diggs. I am terribly worried about Bradford getting killed by the Ariz defensive line. Minn. offensive line sucks, and he can't move at all. 

Turns is interesting, but I have been hearing a lot about Lee. Plus, Robinson will not be covered all day by Slay. Bottles suck also, lol. Hill is a nice GPP play, but too risk for cash.  Same for McDonald......

I guess your RB's could carry you, but who may weeks do five Studs actually go off?  

Are those for GPP's or Cash? 

I like your logic on the pics, but for Cash it would scare me a little. Sharpe is a no go for me for sure. I like Matthews alright. I like Wright better than Sharpe, and wouldn't play either in cash games. I feel like Walker is No 1, with Murray and Matthews No. 2/3, the other 2 are after thoughts. 

Thielen is sound logic, but it might be Patterson who gets the call or Rudolph, if they stop Diggs. I am terribly worried about Bradford getting killed by the Ariz defensive line. Minn. offensive line sucks, and he can't move at all. 

Turns is interesting, but I have been hearing a lot about Lee. Plus, Robinson will not be covered all day by Slay. Bottles suck also, lol. Hill is a nice GPP play, but too risk for cash.  Same for McDonald......

I guess your RB's could carry you, but who may weeks do five Studs actually go off?  
Oh, these are definitely my fun gpps, and not all the example.  One I went more WR heavy, another I just balanced it up, etc..   The top heavy RB LUs have just been a tradition with me each week, and they have done fairly well, so I wasn't going to let DK price me out of my routine ;)

My cash games have a lot of the same guys that you listed.  I usually go with a core and throw a stack in there because like you, I toss them in 3x and 5x stuff too.  Here is what a cash LU looks like for me this week:

Brady - Bell/Ware - Baldwin/Cobb/Tate - Bennett - Prosise - Dallas

LOL.  Sharpe got his.  Now I will be yelling my ### off for D.Murray to break a long one and Wilson/Baldwin/Bennett to do some damage this afternoon. 

Have 1 of 3 keeping my head above water or I would be drowning......setting at 145 with it. Washington players are killing it tonight!

Have 1 of 3 keeping my head above water or I would be drowning......setting at 145 with it. Washington players are killing it tonight!
Yeah, that Cousins --> Crowder bomb saved my ### this week on both sites.  I think I ended up +$13 on DK and -$4 on FD for the week.  Will take that with this week of injuries and underperforming. 

Just like on FD, it is my gpp lineups that are pulling me through each week.  I think I have to step back and ponder about why that is.  Combining both sites I was 2 for 7 on cash LUs, but 8 for 13 on gpp LUs hitting.  I realize that some of it is bad luck with Green in a couple LUs, and guys like Tate throwing a dud, but I have also noticed this trend the last couple weeks too.  Maybe it's just a matter of moving off "my guys" (DJ) and going with "safer" or chalk plays like Prosise in cash.  Not saying I don't make bad calls - I was on Eifert, Clay, and Hurns this week, but I wonder if it's just that combined with not being very diverse with the cash LUs dragging me down. 

I mostly play at Fanduel, but sometimes put in a couple of lineups for fun at DK.

This week at DK, I had one lineup go off.  Nailed everything except the TE (Bennett).  Finished 4th in one tourney out of 3,500 and finished 46th in another out of 19,000.  The problem is unless you win, you still don't win that much.  I'm not complaining, I'm just saying it is hard to f'ing win one of these things.  :mellow:

Well I have some solid line-ups but a whole lot of AJ Green...  :wall:
I thought I was done in my DK cash lineups after the AJ injury and other 1:00 duds like D. Walker, KC Def, and Royal getting next to nothing but thank god I had Bell. I decided to change off a lot of the chalk and fade all the 4:00 games and invest in Wash & GB. Many were scared by the wind but the weather reports were calling for 15mi winds not the 20-30mi winds they were calling for in the morning.

I knew I had to shake things up in order to have a chance.So I went from:

Wilson to Cousins

Prosise to Starks

Edelman to Garcon

Bennet to Reed

Fading Bennet and getting lucky with Garcon were the biggest difference makers, I went from looking at winning $0 for about 10 hours to winning $407 with the Garcon 70 yard TD. Bottom line don't be afraid to shake up your line up if you are hurting after the 1:00 games.

Users who are viewing this thread