What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help with Trade for Demarco Murray in Dynasty (1 Viewer)

az_prof

Footballguy
I need RB help for playoff run and have the following assets:

Brees

Cobb

Crowder

Hurns

Marshall

Kevin White

Tyrell Williams

This guy is out of playoff hunt and it is Dynasty so a 28 year old RB is not as valuable to him as to someone like me.

Cobb is 26 and while not having a great year, has been a top 10 to top 20 WR since rookie year. I offered Cobb.  Is that fair deal for both in Dynasty?  He gets probably 4 to 6 years of a  WR2 or WR3 and I get 2 to 3 years for a RB1.

Marshall is too old to be of interest to a guy rebuilding. Same for Brees. Personally I would think Crowder or Tyrell would be good options but they don't have same name recognition or proven consistent production over time as Cobb. 

Kevin White was just starting to show what he could do when he got hurt again. He is young and talented though on a team without a QB. If I were other guy i would probably pull trigger on White but then I like White in first place and think he will become a dominant WR1.

Murray is still a valuable dynasty asset.  There is no way I would give him up for Cobb.  I think you will need to include a couple of these guys and a high draft pick to get Murray.  At least that is what it would take for me to give him up.

Murray still has 2-3 years left in the tank.....I only look at my dyansty teams in 3 year windows, so Murray isn't an automatic sell if I were rebuilding.  So I would definitely say no way to a Murray-Cobb trade.  Cobb is a WR2 at best, more likely a WR3.  You can find WR3's all the time.  But it's REALLY tough to find a bellcow RB in a great situation.....which Murray is in, even though Derrick Henry should eat into Murray's production in the future.

Out of the young guys, Tyrell is appealing, but once Keenan Allen comes back, Tyrell will be at best a WR3.  My guess is that you would need to offer Cobb and a first round pick, likely being in the top 5, if you want to get Murray.

Users who are viewing this thread