What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade from WR strength for RB? (2 Viewers)

lsutigers

Footballguy
12 team, 1 PPR, 1.5 TE PPR
Keep 15, Super Keeper/Dynasty
Start 9 - 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR/TE, 2 RB/WR/TE Flex

Runner up two seasons ago, 1st round elimination this past season.

Philosophy was to build around WR/TE and hit on a few RB's along the way to supplement. Starting to get nervous about my window though with the current roster makeup. Basically no useful 2024 picks to upgrade at RB.

Should I trade a top WR for a package of a top RB and some other pieces?

QB - Burrow, G. Smith/Lock
RB - R. Stevenson, Pollard, Singletary/Pierce, Herbert/Foreman, McLaughlin, Z. White
WR/TE - Lamb, Chase, AJ Brown, McBride, T. Dell, Marquise Brown, Otton, Okonkwo

I don’t see this wide receiver strength you are talking about. You have three excellent receivers in Chase, lamb, brown. Dell was having a nice rookie season until he broke his leg. Beyond that, I don’t see anything special.
On the flipside, none of those guys are old, so I’m not sure why you are worried about your winning window? This does not really look like a roster that is ready to win right now and I don’t see how moving those four guys would change that.

I don't see a lot of WR depth here. I am not sure what kind of "Top WR and some other pieces" you could acquire unless you were moving Lamb, Chase or Brown. I also don't mind Stevenson and Pollard as your main RB's as a start 2 minimum situation. I think Herbert and Z. White have chances to be serviceable RB3's or flex plays depending on what the offseason holds for those two teams.

What types of offers were you thinking of making?

Thank you both. Yes, I meant strength as in one of the 3 top 8 dynasty WR's, not WR depth so much.

Would definitely want an elite RB back, so would be looking to sell either Lamb or Brown for Breece Hall, Bijan, or Gibbs with other parts. Just don't know if it makes sense because of the 9 starter requirement since the flex spots almost become best ball.

I think it was an interesting year for the RBs you have resulting in an shorter season in playoffs.

Geno wouldn't be my favorite QB2. Burrow can get hurt we've seen. There should be some value QB2s out there. Depending on scoring format that might be a factor.

I think you have done well with elite starters.
I own Jefferson, Puka, AJBrown, Olave,Waddle, London, Dell, Godwin, RMoore,EliMoire, in 10 team league. I've tried to corner the market. I like McBride the others are decent. If you can get Bowers. Monitor GB TEs. TE has been inconsistent and we're seeing slow but surely changing of the guard from Kelce dominance.

Rhanondre should bounce back. Consider injured veterans at RB Chubb, JK Dobbins. Simply continue to add value elite playmakers when you can. Use a variety of bench spots to grab a guy... Flip him for picks. People seem cool trading a 3rd round pick.

CMC was difference maker for many. QB play was down from years passed.

I can start up to 6WR each week in my league. So i like them better than TE and RBs. You're on the right track. Who grabbed Kyren Williams? Achane could be good when healthy. Even if he's only playing 8 games maybe 3 of them are in the playoffs. I own tyjae spears reminded me of Pierce rookie year. I own both and hope Pierce rebounds and Spears builds. I traded for Jonathan Taylor after his rookie year. Still riding him since Chubb got hurt and Dobbins. There will be RB value. Don't look at a RB1 trade as a win now, but consolidation of value. Which frees up roster spot if FA, Sleeper lottery. You're not rebuilding your reloading, starting loaded. It's called dynasty not 1 and done. I got 4th this year but was in 4 straight finals going 2-2. Constantly improving team. Not always right but if I'm right 3of5 moves in gaining and don't need 1 pick or 1 player to pan it.

Puka and Dell were FA pickups prior to breakouts. Evan Hull Johnnie metchie had to be dropped. Kendre Miller sucked but should be better. I'm always targeting RB on the rookie contract.

I think you are set up well with your WRs and TE (McBride). First thing is first, don't trade for an RB right now. You don't have to start RBs and there will be lost of movement/value changes with Free Agency and the NFL draft.

While your RBs in Stevenson and Pollard might have some unknown with new coaches/injuries etc it still might workout OK. Pollard wasn't 100% last year and hopefully he can get back fully healthy this year. It might actually suit him better to go back to his old role where he can go in and make the big plays, rather than having to grind the rock 15+ times a game.

RBs are the last slot to fill when going for a championship. Your QB, WR and TE are solid so just hold for now and see what happens going into week 1. You don't need to set your starting roster until week 1.

Now for your players and my thoughts:

Holds: Lamb, Chase, McBride
Possible sell if really needed and given a fantastic deal *i.e., don't sell cheap just because you feel you need a piece/RB*: AJB, Dell
Guys to sell during the season if you need to make moves (these guys will be worth more say weeks 4-6 than now): Hollywood, your RBS and backup TEs.

I do think that you might be able to sell Hollywood for a decent gain when he's healthy next year. I traded for him in my dynasty league late last year because he was cheap and wasn't producing. He's better than what he did last year.

My thoughts for you going into this year - hold what you got and see how the first 4-5 weeks shake out this season. If you feel like you can contend then see what you might need to trade for when it comes to RBs. There could be some vet RBs you can pick up for cheap midseason if you need to make a run. For example last year I picked up Mixon and Najee midseason and made a run (and won) but I waited to see how my team was stacking up.

If it's not looking good then you can sell older players mid season for 2025 picks and restock that way. Also in the draft pick the best player available. Don't pick an RB just because you feel like you need one. If a TE is the BPA then take the TE, or WR and use that to trade later.

That is a long post but overall your base is set but wait to see how things shake out closer to week 1 when it comes to RB.

I think he thinks he can trade 1 of his big 3 to get RB, plus, plus. He is the guy getting an Achane, 1.8, London type of deal and don’t mind that type of trade as the depth on this team is terrible again. McBride value takes **** kicking when put in with WR and no premium. Brown also just average. QB2 sucks. I have zero trust in RB overall.

Those 3 WR are great and love Burrow but don’t feel this is championship team. Just a meddler. I don’t mind you trading Brown now as long as getting youth parts that help. If the other 2 bring in more, then trade one of them. I truly believe you need a little depth to survive or a lot of luck to not suffer them. I think looking at better deals to trade these 3 than others in asst coach thread that I answered to make move but they are out there.

I think he thinks he can trade 1 of his big 3 to get RB, plus, plus. He is the guy getting an Achane, 1.8, London type of deal and don’t mind that type of trade as the depth on this team is terrible again. McBride value takes **** kicking when put in with WR and no premium. Brown also just average. QB2 sucks. I have zero trust in RB overall.

Those 3 WR are great and love Burrow but don’t feel this is championship team. Just a meddler. I don’t mind you trading Brown now as long as getting youth parts that help. If the other 2 bring in more, then trade one of them. I truly believe you need a little depth to survive or a lot of luck to not suffer them. I think looking at better deals to trade these 3 than others in asst coach thread that I answered to make move but they are out there.
I disagree with this.

1) It is a TEP at 1.5 so having McBride long term is a good one even if putting him in at flex.
2) He has to start 4WR or TE. WRs are worth a lot in this league. While he still needs to beef up his RBs it is the last spot to fill when contending. I don't dislike the idea of trading Brown but he needs to get a haul for it and not just split up an elite talent for a bunch of midrange stuff. Would have to be the right deal in a start 4 WR.
3) From the post it is start 1 QB. So QB2 doesn't mean anything other than a back-up.

Thanks everyone. With Pollard, Hollywood and Singletary's new homes and Z. White a possible starter in Vegas, think I'll stand pat after all.

If anyone is interested, some offers received:

Bijan for Chase
Javonte W., Jameson W., and 2.12 for A.J. Brown (pretty close to the Achane/London/1.08 discussed earlier)
Kelce, Breece H., 1.10 for Chase and A.J. Brown

There is some merit to trading one of your WR/TE for a top RB if the draft picks you are holding will allow you to fill that empty spot in your roster. I would certainly consider trading Chase for Bijan straight up (or Gibbs or Hall) if you are holding the 1.06 or better this year. If not, I would be standing pat and targeting Brooks in the draft.

Users who are viewing this thread