What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 help Will Answer Yours (1 Viewer)

Heisenberg23

Footballguy
1) QB - 6 pt pass TD ... 

Wilson SEA at TBB

Roethlisberger PIT at IND

~ both have great matchups - leaning Big Ben to bounce back and lower floor imo

2) PPR Flex

rb Gore IND vs Pit --- colts probably abandon run if Luck out and behind

wr Marshall NYJ vs NEP - Bryce Petty barf

wr Beasley DAL vs WAS

crazy to go Beasley here ?

Yea i agree with the above. Seahawks more likely to grind out the game if they get ahead, Pitt is always going to throw, so Big Ben for me.

And with the Jets likely being down early it's hard to bench marshall.

Fitz is not out, he's starting this week (not that the QB there matters much anyway to Marshall at this point, he'll produce about the same with either guy) - not to mention Beasley has been outscoring Marshall consistently every week (I own both and am fed up with benching Beasley and watching him outscore all the "Better" WR's) 

I say start Ben and Beasley and no it's not crazy at all, it's the #'s

Here's a few #'s

Beasleys 5 game average - 9.98

Marshalls 5 game average - 4.74

Beasleys 3 game average - 8.93

Marshalls 3 game average - 4.72

ANNNND those are no PPR - WITH PPR that gives Beasley another bump (AS he's often the safety outlet and he'll catch 5+ targets a game even if Marshall technically has the "Big play" appeal)

Last edited by a moderator:
Another bit of stats.... Marshall is averaging only less than 1 more target a game, but with that extra target he's turned in an average of TWO less catches (SO Beasley's averaging an extra 2 PPR's better than Marshall OVER TOP of the #'s I posted above)

honestly name wise it seems odd, but the #'s say it's not even close

Ben for sure

Safe play Cole

Higher ceiling Brandon

What's your situation/risk tolerance?

I'd take Wilson over Ben - the Buccs and Colts both have a bad defense, but if the Colts start Tolzien then the Steelers should walk all over the Colts - so big Le'Veon Bell day.  And Ben is on the road - never a  good thing for him.

Both Beasley and Marshall are reasonable choices since Fitzpatrick is starting.  I'd agree with another poster above - if you need safety go Beasley, if you need a monster day then more likelihood to get that from Marshall (but also a chance for a bust from him).

Thanks for answering mine.  No to Gore if Luck is out - if Luck plays then I'd think about Gore

Why is everyone so worried about Gore being phased out from being behind? 

Gore has 28 catches this year, and has been as valuable as he is because he is catching. 

I also like Russell Wilson no questions asked. He is amazing football right now, and Thomas Rawls will open up this game.

I'm taking Wilson and Gore.

Thanks on mine.

I am going with Wilson and Gore here as well. Big Ben is much worse on the road, and they may just lean on Lev Bell if they get up quick. Wilson is coming on strong. Gore is the safe play here, he's just so consistent. Look for Tolzien to check it to him a good bit as well. With Dez back, I don't think Beasley has been putting up the numbers he was with Dez out. I own Marshall in a league, and you just can't trust him at this point. 

Ben easily for me, think he buries Colts, closer on other choice, lean Gore as appropriate check down in catchup mode, Beasley not bad if you just want a WR in flex spot

Users who are viewing this thread