What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Comedian" Sinbad in Genie Movie? ***Mandela Effect*** (1 Viewer)

tdoss

Footballguy
Does any of you guys remember Sinbad being the "star" of a genie movie?

Apparently, it's a "Mandela Effect" and I'm one of the casualties...

Last edited by a moderator:
If only someone would create a database on the internet for entertainment information where people could go to find information about things like movies and roles in said movies, we could avoid situations just like this one.

If only someone would create a database on the internet for entertainment information where people could go to find information about things like movies and roles in said movies, we could avoid situations just like this one.
Not the point man...I'm saying I remember this movie...yet, it does not exist.

Look up Mandela Effect...I'm admitting to being a casualty of this phenomenon...

There's a lot of them with movie lines. For example, Humphrey Bogart never said "Play it again Sam"
I've always discounted the lines as misquotes and the spelling things like "Berenstein/Berenstain" as just misremembering...

But to actually see Sinbad in a genie outfit and even apply a movie title to it, "Shazam"...it just beyond the pale.

And I'm not mixing anything up with Kazaam and Shaq.

I never even liked Sinbad...in any of his shows/movies.

Shazam was even one of my favorite childhood tv shows...so a movie title with that same name struck me odd and is not something I'm imagining.

But apparently, I am...along with many others...which is even more disturbing.

How do many different people conjure up a movie title, actor and timeframe...even costume...and it never happened?

Iirc,The Mandela effect is a well-known psychological effect identified Nelson Mandela through research during his decades in prison.

I loved that special Afros and Bellbottoms (1993). When I was a kid I think I saw it about twenty-five times. To this day I will be zoning out, driving or something, and one of the bits will randomly pop into my head. And it's still funny to me. It's because of Sinbad I know what a Deuce and a Quarter is.

Fk the Mandela effect.  That said, I kind of remember that movie too.  
Just had a friend and his wife say they've never heard of it but when they asked their pastor (he was over their house a little while after my phone call asking them)... if he remembers any Sinbad movies and the first thing he said was "that genie movie".

I think it is because of the fact that Sinbad's wardrobe made him look like a real life genie.
Yea...I remember his garb and his shows...but the actual name of the movie?  That's hard to imagine...I swear I knew the title before I read the article...

I've always discounted the lines as misquotes and the spelling things like "Berenstein/Berenstain" as just misremembering...

But to actually see Sinbad in a genie outfit and even apply a movie title to it, "Shazam"...it just beyond the pale.

And I'm not mixing anything up with Kazaam and Shaq.

I never even liked Sinbad...in any of his shows/movies.

Shazam was even one of my favorite childhood tv shows...so a movie title with that same name struck me odd and is not something I'm imagining.

But apparently, I am...along with many others...which is even more disturbing.

How do many different people conjure up a movie title, actor and timeframe...even costume...and it never happened?
All just glitches in the matrix...

You know there's a reality where Bernie Sanders is president-Elect and the parents there are reading their kids Berenstein Bears books before bed and breaking out the Shazam VHS tapes to share some nostalgia.

Interesting. The one that really got me was the silence of the lambs one. I can hear Hopkins saying, "hello, clarice" in my head and the line is one of my favorites in cable guy. But he apparently never said it. Mind blown. 
I believe he said it in the movie "Hannibal", not Silence of the Lambs. 

Interesting. The one that really got me was the silence of the lambs one. I can hear Hopkins saying, "hello, clarice" in my head and the line is one of my favorites in cable guy. But he apparently never said it. Mind blown. 
You really want to bottle your mind?  Jerry never said hello to Newman.  Or Uncle Leo.  

cockroach said:
You really want to bottle your mind?  Jerry never said hello to Newman.  Or Uncle Leo.  
Bull ####.

How many total times does Jerry say "Hello, Newman" in the Seinfeld series?

You answered

It was actually said a total of 16 times, once by Jerry's mother.

Yes.  All depictions of Sinbad the Sailor are guys in turbans that look pretty similar to how genies are depicted.  
Grew up on those...I'm not confusing Sinbad the Sailor with a black half-assed comedian.

Users who are viewing this thread