What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CarGuys - LED Headlight Issues (1 Viewer)

captain_amazing

Footballguy
One of my headlights went out last week, so I decided to go and try out some LED headlights.  I've always thought halogens never put out enough light in my car and feel like I can't see anything driving in the dark.  The ones I purchased are a retrofit kit - the LED bulb attaches to a harness that fits the socket of my car.  My problem is, the lights don't work at all.

I've contacted the manufacturer/seller to see if they have any good install troubleshooting tips, or if I just received some DOAs, but wasn't sure if anyone has any experience with these types of retrofit LED headlights.. if so, any suggestions?  What I've tried so far:

- Testing that a circuit can pass through to the LED from the harness (used my multimeter in OHM mode).  There was a circuit, so I'm assuming that the bulbs are indeed OK.

- Moving the LEDs from passenger to driver and vice versa.

- Flicking the high beams on to see if they'd work in that mode instead of regular low beam.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Do your backup lights work? If so, just drive backwards. 

If you're not good at backing up and prefer to drive forward just use your cell phone flashlight and shine it forward down the road. 

What did the manufacturer tell you?
Apologize for any inconvenience, I understand it must be frustrating
that the light is not working out for you.  may I have your vehicle
model year please?  some h4 vehicle had polarity reversed does not work
because LED is polarity sensitive.

if you decide to return without trying to resolve issue please visit:
www.amazon.com/returns

please let me know if you have any question

Thank you.

I gave them my make and model and haven't heard back.  I don't know what the "polarity reversed" means.

Had this problem. Make sure you have the bypass circuit hooked up to your brights and attached to the proper switch under the dash.  Goes battery/ground - lights- main light switch+ bright light switch. Also double check bulbs seated correctly.

If all yes, and didn't work, send back

It's likely the flux capacitor.  HTH

Also, I effing hate these headlights.  Drives my poor sensitive eyes crazy at night.  :)

Had this problem. Make sure you have the bypass circuit hooked up to your brights and attached to the proper switch under the dash.  Goes battery/ground - lights- main light switch+ bright light switch. Also double check bulbs seated correctly.

If all yes, and didn't work, send back
I cut the cord from the light kit that plugs into my car's headlight socket and swapped the polarity like the manufacturer suggested (spliced red to black).  There's a third wire, a yellow one, which I'm assuming is the ground.  I plugged that in and nothing still worked.  I tried the highbeams for the hell of it, and wahlah, they turn on!  I don't understand why they won't work on low-beam, but I'll take that as a step forward.  Any thoughts on that?

It's likely the flux capacitor.  HTH

Also, I effing hate these headlights.  Drives my poor sensitive eyes crazy at night.  :)
Yea, I've been reading more and more on that.  I don't want something so bright that it looks like my high beams are on, but I want something that allows me to see where the hell I'm driving comfortably.

Maybe I should find my prescription glasses and leave them in my car...

I cut the cord from the light kit that plugs into my car's headlight socket and swapped the polarity like the manufacturer suggested (spliced red to black).  There's a third wire, a yellow one, which I'm assuming is the ground.  I plugged that in and nothing still worked.  I tried the highbeams for the hell of it, and wahlah, they turn on!  I don't understand why they won't work on low-beam, but I'll take that as a step forward.  Any thoughts on that?
nope

Users who are viewing this thread