What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ranking Led Zeppelin Songs - Request To Participate (1 Viewer)

Why is this so difficult for people to understand? All songs that got at least one vote will be included. Each song will get an extensive write up. Might be able to get to more than one song a day if I have time. 
If I had known that - I would have submitted a wildly different list - just to see the write-up!

Can we table the talk about The Beatles? I can’t tell if people are discussing them or LZ at this point, especially with people quoting generic comments. There is like a 140 page thread on Page 2 on them. 

Sinn Fein said:
I would guess that the vast majority of people's "Just Missed" list will be in the top-25.
I have a guilty pleasure song that may not have made any list that I had in my last 10 out.  Kind of a goof but I’ve always enjoyed it.

For the people clamoring about songs that DIDN'T get votes . . . I do not believe there were 5 songs total off of their original 8 albums. I think there might be 4 songs that were totally ignored.

For the people clamoring about songs that DIDN'T get votes . . . I do not believe there were 5 songs total off of their original 8 albums. I think there might be 4 songs that were totally ignored.
Hat's Off, Night Flight, Sick Again, Royal Orleans, and Walter's Walk should have Zero Votes IMO. 

Last edited by a moderator:
For the people clamoring about songs that DIDN'T get votes . . . I do not believe there were 5 songs total off of their original 8 albums. I think there might be 4 songs that were totally ignored.

My suggestion is that you don’t reveal the “no vote” songs right away.  Builds some additional drama into seeing what actually got votes.  Maybe when you’re far enough into the countdown so that it’s obvious.

Especially considering that 2 of the 8 aren't as highly thought of I'm a little surprised by that.  I would have expected more.  Maybe something in the 10-12 range

ETA - just to be clear, I'm not saying those 2 are bad by any means but not at the same level as the other 6.

Last edited by a moderator:

Especially considering that 2 of the 8 aren't as highly thought of I'm a little surprised by that.  I would have expected more.  Maybe something in the 10-12 range

ETA - just to be clear, I'm not saying those 2 are bad by any means but not at the same level as the other 6.
:goodposting:

Same thoughts. If asked to guess, I would have guessed at 10.

Hat's Off, Night Flight, Sick Again, Royal Orleans, and Walter's Walk should have Zero Votes IMO. 
It would be too bad if that were the case for the bolded. Especially Sick Again -- of all the material they had for Physical, that was one of the songs from it that they put in their live set, and for good reason. 

Hat's Off and Hot Dog are the two obvious shutouts to me from the albums released in Bonzo's lifetime. I also think The Crunge is awful, but I know there are those who disagree with me on that. 

My guesses for original studio releases not on a list:

Ozone Baby
Hot Dog
Candy Store Rock
Walter's Walk

Users who are viewing this thread