What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ranking Led Zeppelin Songs - Request To Participate (1 Viewer)

Post it when the final list is revealed. I'd like to see it. I don't meet too many people who site III as their favorite.
HOTH is usually my favorite now, but 3 and 2 are right there.  When I was younger and loved the hard rock most, 1 and 4 may have held the thrones at times. 2 has always been consistently at the top for me now that I think about it.  

HOTH is usually my favorite now, but 3 and 2 are right there.  When I was younger and loved the hard rock most, 1 and 4 may have held the thrones at times. 2 has always been consistently at the top for me now that I think about it.  
2 is a beast.  

I just send my revised final version...5 new songs. I had my #7 written down on paper on my first list but for some reason it wasn't on the list I submitted. Always been on of my favorites. 

I thought it was hard the first time but holy #### it seemed a thousand times harder this time. 

I will say it was a lot of fun.  :thumbup:
I really wanted to revise my list but don’t think I could stop revising once I started.  Maybe we can repeat this exercise in 6 months?

I didn't even consider Custard Pie in my Top 25.
Me either. I didn't specifically rank beyond the top 25, but I very strongly doubt it would make my top 50. I like the song, just think there are at least 50 that are better.

I just send my revised final version...5 new songs. I had my #7 written down on paper on my first list but for some reason it wasn't on the list I submitted. Always been on of my favorites. 

I thought it was hard the first time but holy #### it seemed a thousand times harder this time. 

I will say it was a lot of fun.  :thumbup:
Given your username, you have some lofty expectations on your list.

One of my first innernets usernames was ZoSo.

Sinn Fein said:
I wouldn't be shocked to see Stairway get the #1 slot.

It seems to be the song that will be near the top of most people's lists, while people could have varied tastes for their personal #1.  The fact that most people won't have it #1 could hurt, but consistency would seem to make it a contender.  

:shrug:
It’s not on my list. At all. 

I think part of my love for III is that it was the first Zeppelin album that I ever bought. I actually went to buy IV after hearing it at a friends house but they were out of stock at the store, so I bought III and played the hell out of it.
Admit it, you were trying to score by playing side 2 of IV. 

then he ####s up and plays the Kashmir side of Physical Graffiti
Was going to mention this later, but they couldn’t get the song rights to use any songs from the fourth album for the movie. But they got Kashmir instead. Not sure why they didn’t change the line in the movie instead. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think III is underrated.  It’s not far behind the other albums and don’t disagree with those who love it.  Since I’ve been loving you is an absolute stud.  If you throw in hey hey what can I do to replace hats off, it gets even stronger.  Seriously what was the thought process on leaving that song out and putting that awful tune on there? I do appreciate Roy on Have a Cigar though.

I think part of my love for III is that it was the first Zeppelin album that I ever bought. I actually went to buy IV after hearing it at a friends house but they were out of stock at the store, so I bought III and played the hell out of it.
Similar story for me, except it was II.

I know some have already shared but I'm curious how most tackled this project. I put all the studio album songs in a Spotify playlist. And just started listening to a bit of each song. If it didn't feel top 25ish I discarded. Went through a few times until I had 25 songs. Listened to those 25 again over and over. Not the full song. Just to make sure. Listened again briefly to make sure I wasnt missing anything. Made a couple adjustments. Then after a break finally went to work on my 25. Identified a top 10. Organized them after listening over and over to snippets. Then did the same with next 10 leaving 5 for bottom. Sorted bottom. Listened all the way through a few times of snippets. Tweaked and done.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s not on my list. At all. 

Anarchy already said pretty much every song is missing from at least 8-10 lists.  Yet, one of them will still be the top-rated song here...

"Pretty much every song was left off of 8-10 lists. No exceptions. We are going to have songs in the Top 10 that were left off 20+ lists."

🤔

This was fun. Thanks for setting up A99.

Took me three-ish hours. If I wanted to do it right, it'd take me 2 full days. Just don't have that kind of time. And even then, I'd probably make changes a day, a week and a month later.

Stairway did not make my cut. I do think they kinda "borrowed" a bit too much for that song, so it's kind of on principle.

I know some have already shared but I'm curious how most tackled this project. I put all the studio album songs in a Spotify playlist. And just started listening to a bit of each song. If it didn't feel top 25ish I discarded. Went through a few times until I had 25 songs. Listened to those 25 again over and over. Not the full song. Just to make sure. Listened again briefly to make sure I wasnt missing anything. Made a couple adjustments. Then after a break finally went to work on my 25. Identified a top 10. Organized them after listening over and over to snippets. Then did the same with next 10 leaving 5 for bottom. Sorted bottom. Listened all the way through a few times of snippets. Tweaked and done.
Google Spreadsheet with all songs with an initial ranking in groups of 1, 2 or 3 and N for No. Wound up with 23 songs in Group 1, so went to Group 2 for another couple songs. I think I got a little lucky with Group 1 being so close to 25.

Was going to mention this later, but they couldn’t get the song rights to use any songs from the fourth album for the movie. But they got Kashmir instead. Not sure why they didn’t change the line in the movie instead. 
I always wondered why they didn't change the line too but I think it just shows that Ratner was pretty hapless when it came to dating.  He really wasn't that slick.

Just here to say I don't think LZ has a bad song.  Only thing is live versions aren't near as good as studio versions.  
I think this is true of most artists, if you're only listening to them after-the-fact (as opposed to actually being in the audience when the songs were played, which is a whole different thing). 

That said, there's a live version of "Trampled Underfoot" in one of their concert films that smokes the studio version. 

Users who are viewing this thread