What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

$50 Football Premier League Championship Dynasty League Superflex PPR/IDP (1 Viewer)

ChicagoArch

Footballguy
We started this league last year with 48 teams. In year one, all 48 teams were on the same level. Going forward, it will be set up like the English Premier league. The 48 teams were split between three 16 team tiers based on their performance. At the end of every year, the four best teams from each tier will be promoted to the tier above and the four worst teams will be demoted to the tier below. We've got a couple openings from owners dropping out. We're also planning on adding another 16 team tier, to go from 48 to 64. Every year, we'll try to add another tier until either, the league decides it's large enough, or we hit the 96 team MFL limit.

Check out the league here: http://www71.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/79314#0

Logistics of adding a new tier: There's one copy of every player for each 16 teams. So every time we add another tier, we'll have a tier startup draft with the new teams selecting from (1) copy of all veterans and rookies. Once all drafts are completed, we'll incorporate the new tier into the existing league and everyone will be able to trade. Unfortunately for the owners of the new tier, the only fair way to add them is as the bottom tier. We're obviously looking for owners who are in it for the long haul. I don't need to spell this out for forward thinking owners though. If you put together a good team, it'll be easy to improve it and advance quickly. If you earn promotion in the first year, you'll be playing against 12 of the worst teams in the entire league, making your second promotion even easier. Your draft position will still be elevated compared to the other top teams in higher tiers because the draft order is set up by tier. If you don't earn promotion in the first year, the four best teams in your tier will be replaced by the four worst teams in the league and you're guaranteed a top 4 equivalent rookie draft pick.

If you're impatient and don't want to work your way up through promotions every year, just win the FA Cup. The FA Cup is a tournament that takes place concurrently with the regular season. Every team plays each other, regardless of tier. The overall winner earns automatic promotion to the Premier League at the end of the year, regardless of what tier they're currently in. Last year I lost in the semifinals, not that I'm bitter...

The specifics of the league:

- Starting lineup: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SuperFlex, 1 RB/WR/TE Flex, 1 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 2 CB, 1 S, 1 DFlex.

- Scoring is PPR, TE premium (1.5 PPR), .25 point per carry, 4 point passing TDs and fairly even scoring for IDP.

- 50 man rosters with 6 IR slots and a 6-player taxi squad, bumped up to 60 man rosters in the offseason.

- $50 annual fee via LeagueSafe. Owners have to pay next year's fees if they trade away future first or second round draft picks. There are prizes for the winners of every tier but they're weighted towards the Premier League. Last year's winner took home $800. This year's Premier League winner will take home $1,000. If we get to 96 teams, the Premier league winner will take home $1,800.

- It's a very active league with quite a bit of trading. There were over 400 trades last year between the startup draft and the regular season. We have a slack page for most league communication.

- Blind bidding waivers $200 per year.

- Draft order is set up by tier followed by potential points. The bottom tier gets the first 16 picks, in order by potential points. The Premier League gets the last 16 draft picks.

- Comprehensive rules can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n2GkOE787LyjTlsrjgoh9pLGvfFY4urySv3YT7Jg0r8/edit?usp=sharing

If you've read this far you're at least partially interested, let me know. Email me at glaser.ben@gmail.com. And let me know if you want to be in the new tier or if you're willing to take over an orphan. We'll have a dispersal draft for all orphans. We'll look to start the rookie draft and the tier startup draft in early May.

Hi,

I'm interested in either joining a new tier or taking over an orphan team.  Please reach out to me at nicholas.harpersmith@gmail.com to let me know what I'll need to do to join.

-Nick

Users who are viewing this thread