What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boycott netflix (1 Viewer)

SlipperyOdell

Footballguy
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LzggK5DRBA

We need to show the world it isn't okay to hate on people just for being white. It does bring a smile to my heart to see this video have 100k dislikes compared to 5k likes

The writer of the show dear white people tweeting

Jack Moore Verified account @JackPMoore

No seriously. #### white people.

Stefan's take on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd5O7eAZBkU

As for all the liberals that still don't get part of Trump getting elected was partly because of liberals trying to normalize racism against white people.

"Never interfere with your enemy when he is making a mistake."

Keep doing you.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LzggK5DRBA

We need to show the world it isn't okay to hate on people just for being white. It does bring a smile to my heart to see this video have 100k dislikes compared to 5k likes
I don't see anything in that trailer about hating people just for being white.  I'm sorta surprised they made a series of this, the movie looked lousy and I don't think it did well at the box office.

Have to say Odell serves an almost useful purpose because without him I wouldn't know this crazya** ***t is going on out there.

Ok so I take it some people out there are boycotting Netflix, right?

I dont care enough to boycott anything, but I cant believe people think a show called "Dear White People" is acceptable. 

If I was Netflix I wouldn't be too worried.  If Trump supporters even have Netflix in their trailer parks, they're probably sharing one account amongst the whole park so losing a few accounts across all the red states shouldn't hurt Netflix's bottom line very much.

If I was Netflix I wouldn't be too worried.  If Trump supporters even have Netflix in their trailer parks, they're probably sharing one account amongst the whole park so losing a few accounts across all the red states shouldn't hurt Netflix's bottom line very much.
Why do you have to be a Trump supporter to look at this and think it isnt a good thing to be putting out there? 

I tried Netflix several years ago on the 30 day trial but didn't renew.  I used more of the dvd mailer than the streaming, IIRC.  Maybe I'll give it another try some day.  

I tried Netflix several years ago on the 30 day trial but didn't renew.  I used more of the dvd mailer than the streaming, IIRC.  Maybe I'll give it another try some day.  
Combination of Amazon Prime Instant video and Netflix is pretty strong. 

Why do you have to be a Trump supporter to look at this and think it isnt a good thing to be putting out there? 
Because in large part non-Trump supporters aren't snowflakes who can't take satire or criticism.  Plus I could direct you to the myriad of blacksploitation and asiansploitation movies of the 60's and 70's.   It's ok if whitey gets a little bit of heat every once in a while.

The type of people boycotting run about an inch deep so it'll blow over in a ny minute. Remember when they tried to act like they were troopsier than thou? That was classic.

Because in large part non-Trump supporters aren't snowflakes who can't take satire or criticism.  Plus I could direct you to the myriad of blacksploitation and asiansploitation movies of the 60's and 70's.   It's ok if whitey gets a little bit of heat every once in a while.
I think you kind of alluded to the point I was making. 

thank you.

This isn't as bad as that horrendous MTV new years resolutions for white guys video.  Certainly not enough for me to quit watching my tv shows!  

I know, what kind of world do we live in where white people cant wear black face anymore. 

I mean the show itself looks pretty terrible from the preview but add that to the 90% of shows on tv that are complete dog ####.

Have to say Odell serves an almost useful purpose because without him I wouldn't know this crazya** ***t is going on out there.

Ok so I take it some people out there are boycotting Netflix, right?
It is good to know what the infowars/alt-right twitter ####-gibbons are up to I guess

I know, right?

I mean if only some black comedians would actually make fun of the foibles of Black American culture and values, I would feel so much better about this. 
Imagine it was made by white folks, starring white folks. Boom. 

Wait a second, are the people playing the white people in this series black people in white face?

This changes everything.

No wonder white actors can't get any good roles in Hollywood.

My deepest condolences on the horror visited upon you by this show. 

On the bright side, your struggle has inspired yet another sequel in my award-winning film series. I think I'll call this one "12 Years a Guy Who Found Out About a Netflix Series"

I watched most of the movie....as a white person...I didn't get it.  Don't pique my interest in a movie by enticing me with the title "Dear White People", and then make it about something that I don't understand. 

I'm going to boycott Netflix soon if they don't get rid of Michael Bolton in red satin sheets on my home page.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread