What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Now the 2018 Assistant Coach Thread (3 Viewers)

I did try and claim him but got snaked in the waiver order.

Oh well.

My bigger issue is figuring out my mess of a bullpen :(

-QG

Yandy Diaz just a hot start or what?  Getting on base at a .450 clip currently. 

I admittedly don’t watch any Rays baseball. 

Yandy Diaz just a hot start or what?  Getting on base at a .450 clip currently. 

I admittedly don’t watch any Rays baseball. 
Obp and biceps are his calling card. Pt makes him an uninteresting but viable option. But will he start hitting the ball in the air? That's the difference between forgettable and a difference maker. 

Tim Beckham?

Fangraphs had an article that pointed out how his hot start to this season is actually a continuation from the end of last August. He was brutal last year, but was also hurt.  

Tim Beckham?

Fangraphs had an article that pointed out how his hot start to this season is actually a continuation from the end of last August. He was brutal last year, but was also hurt.  
Saw that article too.  His 2017 wasn't repeatable given his K:BB:FB, but he demonstrated progress late last year - subtle differences w/BB and FB and noticeable wrt K's - supported by o-swing, contact, and swstk rates.  It's too early to say this is legit, but the signs are there and waiting doesn't work in our game.  Add now, re-assess later.

If I'm trying to trade Shane Greene now with his 5 saves, what caliber outfielder should I be targeting?

Head to head points league

Choose one of the following 2B

Goodrum

Odor

Wong

Choose two of the following OFs

Mancini

Bruce

A. Jones

E. Hernandez

O. Herrerra

Jorge Soler

Choose one of the following SSs

Beckham

Peraza

DeJong

Choose one of the following 1Bs

O"Hearn

Walker

Healy

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saying points is too vague to give a good answer but probably Wong, ****, Soler, Beckham (might be injured though), and Walker.

Donaldson a good buy low or is he just done?  His exit velocity is top 10 but that’s about all I can really say right now.  I was kind of surprised how long it’s been since he played a full season. 

Head-to-head points league ...

Was offered Vlad Jr. and Keuchel for deGrom. Only Keuchel could be a keeper for next season.

Too much uncertainty?

Paul DeJong is still on WW. 

8 team roto, so yes, teams are stacked.  Categories:  R, HR, RBI, SB, TB, Avg, OPS and W, L, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Should I pick him up and who to drop?

Ozuna, Moncada, Pederson, Altuve, Grandal, Heyward, Vogelbach, ****, L Cain, Rosario, G Torres, Bregman, Abreu, K Bryant, M Andujar (DL)

Pressley, Snell, Colome, W Smith, W Davis, B Parker, Corbin, A Bradley, Leclerc, Scherzer, Carrasco

TIA

Fwiw, Joc and Vogelbach have combined for only one hit vs. a lefty all season.  Do with that small sample what you will.

I'm in a 16 team dynasty keep forever daily h2h points league. I'd like to make some adds, but roster space is tight - 23 players + 1 minor league spot. This league also has 1SP 2RP per day, so a popular strategy is to acquire a team's rotation. I also keep 1 spot to stream starts.

I'm eyeing Michael Chavis as an add, and have missed some potential dynasty adds due to not having room - (Cole Tucker, Duplantier, a few others). Does adding him make sense? Worried he might cut into Devers playing time.

•  Ramos, Wilson C - NYM 
  •  Gallo, Joey 1B - TEX  
  •  Altuve, Jose 2B - HOU  
  •  Devers, Rafael 3B - BOS 
  •  Anderson, Tim SS - CHW  
  •  Dahl, David OF - COL  
  •  Buxton, Byron OF - MIN 
  •  Yelich, Christian OF - MIL  
  •  Eaton, Adam UTIL - WAS
  •  Santana, Domingo UTIL - SEA 
  •  Reyes, Franmil BN - SD 
  •  Lewis, Royce BN - MIN   
  •  Álvarez, Yordan ML - HOU
  •  
  •  Cole, Gerrit SP - HOU  
  •  Giles, Ken RP - TOR 
  •  James, Josh (R) SP,RP - HOU 
  •  
  •  Fried, Max SP,RP - ATL  
  •  Hellickson, Jeremy SP(streamer spot) - WAS  
  •  Anderson, Ian SP - ATL   
  •  Keller, Mitch (R) SP - PIT    
  •  Luzardo, Jesus SP - OAK   
  •  Soroka, Mike (R) SP - ATL  
  •  Toussaint, Touki (R) SP - ATL  
  •  Wright, Kyle (R) SP,RP - ATL    
  •  
  •  Foltynewicz, Mike IL - ATL   

jeff_h said:
I'm in a 16 team dynasty keep forever daily h2h points league. I'd like to make some adds, but roster space is tight - 23 players + 1 minor league spot. This league also has 1SP 2RP per day, so a popular strategy is to acquire a team's rotation. I also keep 1 spot to stream starts.

I'm eyeing Michael Chavis as an add, and have missed some potential dynasty adds due to not having room - (Cole Tucker, Duplantier, a few others). Does adding him make sense? Worried he might cut into Devers playing time.

•  Ramos, Wilson C - NYM 
  •  Gallo, Joey 1B - TEX  
  •  Altuve, Jose 2B - HOU  
  •  Devers, Rafael 3B - BOS 
  •  Anderson, Tim SS - CHW  
  •  Dahl, David OF - COL  
  •  Buxton, Byron OF - MIN 
  •  Yelich, Christian OF - MIL  
  •  Eaton, Adam UTIL - WAS
  •  Santana, Domingo UTIL - SEA 
  •  Reyes, Franmil BN - SD 
  •  Lewis, Royce BN - MIN   
  •  Álvarez, Yordan ML - HOU
  •  
  •  Cole, Gerrit SP - HOU  
  •  Giles, Ken RP - TOR 
  •  James, Josh (R) SP,RP - HOU 
  •  
  •  Fried, Max SP,RP - ATL  
  •  Hellickson, Jeremy SP(streamer spot) - WAS  
  •  Anderson, Ian SP - ATL   
  •  Keller, Mitch (R) SP - PIT    
  •  Luzardo, Jesus SP - OAK   
  •  Soroka, Mike (R) SP - ATL  
  •  Toussaint, Touki (R) SP - ATL  
  •  Wright, Kyle (R) SP,RP - ATL    
  •  
  •  Foltynewicz, Mike IL - ATL   
It all boils down to what you are dropping to acquire him.  It's not a bad idea to take a chance if it doesn't cost you anything but you have to be willing to move on if need be.  I would be surprised if Chavis cuts into Devers playing time other than an off day here or there. 

Taillon slightly over Bieber. Mchugh is a distant third IMO
I agree.  Taillon hasn't been as bad as his numbers suggest.  Quite a few inherited runners have scored and I think he has stayed in a bit too long a couple starts too.  He seems to be bitten by the bad last inning. 

Two points out of first but dead last in SBs. I'd like to make a trade for some speed, and there's one guy who owns both Tim Anderson and Dee Gordon who desperately needs SPs and power, which I have to offer.

Which of Anderson/Gordon should I target, considering both what I might need to give up and value going forward?

12 team roto, keep 4 bats 2 arms.

My bats:

G Sanchez

Goldy

Freeman

J Turner

Villar

Schoop

K Marte

Castellanos

N Cruz

Choo

Senzel

Eloy

Winker

C Frazier

Gardner

A Garcia

SPs:

Carrasco

Taillon

Glasnow

Soroka

Minor

Tanaka

Skaggs

Weaver

Hendricks

I'd stand pat if I were you Nigel.  I think with the start Anderson is off to, the asking price is going to be too high.  His lifetime OBP coming into this year was less than 300 and he's currently batting 340?  Not sustainable.  He's leading the league in steals with 6 homers and 20 rbis too already.  Could he hit 20+ homers with 35+ steals this year?  Sure, but that's what you're paying for already.  Dee Gordon is a one trick pony, and that trick tends to tick down as you age.

You already have a number of guys on your team that can chip in with some steals, and just pray to the baseball gods that Trea Turner can come back sooner than later.

You can never have too much SP.  Taillon already on the shelf, Minor is not going to pitch this well going forward. Tanaka is a potential gas can.  

I'd ride it out for a bit - try to upgrade your OF if anything with a trade of a SP if you want.

I'd stand pat if I were you Nigel.  I think with the start Anderson is off to, the asking price is going to be too high.  His lifetime OBP coming into this year was less than 300 and he's currently batting 340?  Not sustainable.  He's leading the league in steals with 6 homers and 20 rbis too already.  Could he hit 20+ homers with 35+ steals this year?  Sure, but that's what you're paying for already.  Dee Gordon is a one trick pony, and that trick tends to tick down as you age.

You already have a number of guys on your team that can chip in with some steals, and just pray to the baseball gods that Trea Turner can come back sooner than later.

You can never have too much SP.  Taillon already on the shelf, Minor is not going to pitch this well going forward. Tanaka is a potential gas can.  

I'd ride it out for a bit - try to upgrade your OF if anything with a trade of a SP if you want.
Should have been clearer, that's Justin Turner. If I had Tre then yeah, I'd stand pat but right now Villar is really all I have for speed.

Not sure if that changes your opinion, appreciate your thoughts.

Should have been clearer, that's Justin Turner. If I had Tre then yeah, I'd stand pat but right now Villar is really all I have for speed.

Not sure if that changes your opinion, appreciate your thoughts.
ah, well that changes things up a bit.  I still don't like trading all that much for sb's.  There's usually waiver wire fodder around if you're desperate enough.  BUT, if you're intent on trading for SB's, if it were me, I'd see what it would take to get Dee Gordon.  Usually owners that have speed to burn don't mind dealing a speed only guy for less than full value.  I'd see how desperate other owner was.  Chasing steals kinda sucks, just like chasing saves, but sometimes those few points are the difference between first and second, right?

Thanks for the replies...

I’m the JD/Xander owner. I’m strong at OF (start 3) with Acuna, JD, Springer, Hoskins, Franmil, and Yordan Alvarez for the remainder of the year. I’m pretty strong as SS as well with Trea Turner and Xander.  The kind of reason this came up is 3B is my weakest spot with Donaldson and Sano, and I was looking for a 2 for 1 since I’m coming into a roster pinch as guys come off of the IL. Don’t know if I want to do it, but I’m thinking hard on it. 

Thanks for the replies...

I’m the JD/Xander owner. I’m strong at OF (start 3) with Acuna, JD, Springer, Hoskins, Franmil, and Yordan Alvarez for the remainder of the year. I’m pretty strong as SS as well with Trea Turner and Xander.  The kind of reason this came up is 3B is my weakest spot with Donaldson and Sano, and I was looking for a 2 for 1 since I’m coming into a roster pinch as guys come off of the IL. Don’t know if I want to do it, but I’m thinking hard on it. 
Do you have a good enough team to win this year?  Do you play Hoskins at first?  If so, I would stand pat.

Do you have a good enough team to win this year?  Do you play Hoskins at first?  If so, I would stand pat.
I do have a good enough team to win and I sometimes start Hoskins at first. This move would basically be me with a ton of bats acquiring an elite bat.  My pitching isn’t great, but my strat has always been win 4 hitting categories, and manage my way into 2/5 pitching categories.

14 teams, 26 man roster + 4 IL slots, 20 Keepers, 5x5 (OBP instead of BA, QS instead of Ws, Saves + Holds instead of Saves)

😄Navarez
1B: Hoskins, Abreu, Pete Alonso
2B: Daniel Murphy, Michael Chavis, Keston Hiura
SS: Xander Bogaerts, Trea Turner (IL)
3B: Josh Donaldson, Sano (IL)
OF: Acuna, JD Martinez, Springer, Franmil Reyes, Yordan Alvarez, Shohei Ohtani (technically DH, but we have a flex spot) (IL)

I do have a good enough team to win and I sometimes start Hoskins at first. This move would basically be me with a ton of bats acquiring an elite bat.  My pitching isn’t great, but my strat has always been win 4 hitting categories, and manage my way into 2/5 pitching categories.

14 teams, 26 man roster + 4 IL slots, 20 Keepers, 5x5 (OBP instead of BA, QS instead of Ws, Saves + Holds instead of Saves)

😄Navarez
1B: Hoskins, Abreu, Pete Alonso
2B: Daniel Murphy, Michael Chavis, Keston Hiura
SS: Xander Bogaerts, Trea Turner (IL)
3B: Josh Donaldson, Sano (IL)
OF: Acuna, JD Martinez, Springer, Franmil Reyes, Yordan Alvarez, Shohei Ohtani (technically DH, but we have a flex spot) (IL)
JD hasn't even warmed up yet and he's got an amazing average and OBP.  It wouldn't surprise me if he outperforms Bregman this year.  However, in a dynasty it's a lot closer.  But since you're in a position to win now, I would stay pat and be happy with your depth.

Haniger vs E. Rosario

Who would you want for the rest of this season (and possibly could be a keeper)?  Points league - total bases, runs, rbi, sb.  Not much separates them at the moment besides Haniger having more at bats and therefore 15ish more points.

Feeling like I need to trade one for pitching.  Not getting bites on Kepler, Markakis, or Schwarber (paired with something else).

Haniger vs E. Rosario

Who would you want for the rest of this season (and possibly could be a keeper)?  Points league - total bases, runs, rbi, sb.  Not much separates them at the moment besides Haniger having more at bats and therefore 15ish more points.

Feeling like I need to trade one for pitching.  Not getting bites on Kepler, Markakis, or Schwarber (paired with something else).
Since it's so close I would offer up both and see which one brings back the better pitcher in return.  I would come up with some offers and let the other guy choose which OF'er he wants in the deal.  Don't limit yourself especially since you don't have a huge preference of the two.

Heading to Vegas next month and would like to play a long shot to win the WS.  Which team is most likely to end up with Bumgarner?  Looking for a team that could get put over the top with some big signing before the deadline.

Heading to Vegas next month and would like to play a long shot to win the WS.  Which team is most likely to end up with Bumgarner?  Looking for a team that could get put over the top with some big signing before the deadline.
I'm not sure where he goes.  Twins could be interesting if they added another arm or two at the deadline.

Dansby Swanson flying under the radar right now..............  :whistle:
I mentioned this in another thread, but The Athletic had a long interview with Chipper Jones where he talked extensively about working with Swanson over the winter, and gave really detailed explanations for what he thought Swanson needed to iron out, as well as how much potential he thought Swanson had--which was a lot. 

I was thinking about dealing La Stella for a pitching upgrade.  Someone asked me what I'd be looking for, I took a look at his roster and replied maybe MadBum?  That about right for him, or am I overshooting things?  I don't see any sign of La Stella slowing down, but not sure if his perceived value is still too low that he's still a hold.

I was thinking about dealing La Stella for a pitching upgrade.  Someone asked me what I'd be looking for, I took a look at his roster and replied maybe MadBum?  That about right for him, or am I overshooting things?  I don't see any sign of La Stella slowing down, but not sure if his perceived value is still too low that he's still a hold.
MadBum is not as good as his name.  He has been on a downward trend.  That might change with a mid season scenery change so he may be worth the move to get him.  The MadBum owner may be disappointed in him and willing to make the deal.  It's probably fair value. 

What is the deal with Jose Ramirez? He’s been pretty bad for a good while now, other than stealing bases I guess. I got offered Gleyber Torres for him in an OBP keeper league and I’m thinking I should accept. 

What is the deal with Jose Ramirez? He’s been pretty bad for a good while now, other than stealing bases I guess. I got offered Gleyber Torres for him in an OBP keeper league and I’m thinking I should accept. 
I thought he was a good regression candidate, but this is ridiculous. Pitchers adjusted to him in the second half last year and it's only gotten worse. I dont have Torres anywhere and haven't followed him enough to provide any recommendation, but I'd give it a look. 

Yup he’s been really bad since the first half of last year.  We are going on almost a year of horrible production.  T&Ps to his owners.

Users who are viewing this thread