What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First divorce while in office as a US President? (1 Viewer)

zero chance

my guess is they each have their own lives. she enjoys the money/privelige/access and he enjoys the public arm candy. they get divorced, she disappears from any public eye, he loses a bunch of money for no reason.

there's no upside for either to separate when it was never about affection/love/partnership in the first place.

zero chance

my guess is they each have their own lives. she enjoys the money/privelige/access and he enjoys the public arm candy. they get divorced, she disappears from any public eye, he loses a bunch of money for no reason.

there's no upside for either to separate when it was never about affection/love/partnership in the first place.
Yeah, I would assume there is a financial incentive for her to not file divorce while Trump is president.

ETA - aside from what ever financial incentive there is to being married to him in the first place.  Some kind of billion dollar bonus....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hillary should have divorced Bill for getting a BJ in the Oval office.  So unpresidential.

Of course she's not happy. She signed up to be a wealthy trophy wife with the unfortunate burden of having sex with trump every once in a while. She didn't sign up for this.

http://www.germanjoys.eu/2017/01/melania-wasnt-sad-she-was-slavic.html

During Donald Trump's inauguration, his Slovene wife Melania looked sober and serious most of the time. This has led Americans to believe she was sad, depressed, horrified, anguished, perhaps even trapped in an abusive relationship.

What these slightly fatuous Americans don't understand is that the European conception of personal dignity and institutional respect demands that public figures taking part in official ceremonies look serious at all times. In Europe, there is no penalty for looking stiff, even scowling, during official ceremonies; that's expected. There can be a significant penalty for a smile, or for any sign of levity. So everyone plays it safe and refrains from all except fleeting smiles.

http://www.germanjoys.eu/2017/01/melania-wasnt-sad-she-was-slavic.html

During Donald Trump's inauguration, his Slovene wife Melania looked sober and serious most of the time. This has led Americans to believe she was sad, depressed, horrified, anguished, perhaps even trapped in an abusive relationship.

What these slightly fatuous Americans don't understand is that the European conception of personal dignity and institutional respect demands that public figures taking part in official ceremonies look serious at all times. In Europe, there is no penalty for looking stiff, even scowling, during official ceremonies; that's expected. There can be a significant penalty for a smile, or for any sign of levity. So everyone plays it safe and refrains from all except fleeting smiles.
I'm sick of the stereotype of all Americans being fatuous.

Hillary should have divorced Bill for getting a BJ in the Oval office.  So unpresidential.
she was probably more pissed that she didn't get to assist with the cigar action 

?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumor has that Melania isn't enjoying being first lady. With Mr. Trump's history of divorces, it makes you wonder if he'll be the first US President to get divorced while in office.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/melania-trump-miserable-first-lady-president-donald-trump-white-house-new-york-barron-a7582571.html

I gotta admit. It would be funny hearing about single Trump firing up Tinder (or Grinder...whatever).
You gotta wonder if his term in office will last long enough for a divorce to go thru.

did we think she was happy when the Billy Bush recordings were released? did she think DJT was faithful to her?!

I can't see this happening.  Donald and Ivanka seem happy and attend most events as President and First Lady.  She has his ear and will likely enjoy handling the First Lady duties once she gets her feet under her.  Actually, I think Donald and Ivanka make a lovely first couple.

This may not be all bad - Putin could send in a bunch of mail-order brides.  We could have an apprentice spin off, where Trump shouts "FAKE NEWS" into the TV all day while getting his thimble sucked by a bunch of Russian informants.  

It was unpresidential.  He got overexcited watching a fat girl play with herself with a cigar and then shot his wad on her dress as she blew him kisses towards little Willie. 

Jack Kennedy was Presidential.  When he wasn't impregnating Jackie he was power slamming Marilyn on the desk in the Oval office, his bad back be damned, before rushing off to do Sam Giancana's mistress, Judith Campbell Exner.  That exudes power. 

Yeah probably, but I assume they had some similar arrangement. They have never struck me much as two love birds. 

Yeah probably, but I assume they had some similar arrangement. They have never struck me much as two love birds. 
I would have to agree. I always thought they remained married because of public perception. I think George / Laura and Barrack / Michelle truly loved (and still love) each other.

zero chance

Yeah I agree with Furley here. 

Users who are viewing this thread