What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would You Trade Away Odell Beckham for This? (1 Viewer)

Dynasty Question: Would You Trade Away Odell Beckham for This?

• Trade for Corey Coleman, 2017 1.03, 2017 1.10 and 2018 1st thru 7th round picks

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Keep ODB

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

Scot from LV

Footballguy
Offer I've received for ODB in 12-team dynasty league is the following: 

• Corey Coleman
  • 2017 1.03
  • 2017 1.10
  • 2018 1st thru 7th round picks
Finished 7 of 12 teams last season.  Trade partner likely to have low to mid-round picks in 2018.  My roster:

QBs: Wilson & Manning     RBs: Ware, Woodhead, Jeremy Hill, Jonathan Williams   WRs: Beckham, Diggs, Tyrell Williams, Lockett, Robby Anderson, Eli Rogers    TEs: Witten

Start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd ask for an solid player back on top. You're not  competing this year so I think moving Beckham in a clear win situation would be okay but you need at least another early pick or another player. What other WRs or RBs does he have?

I think this is worth consideration given your team makeup.  You really only have 4 or 5 that are talented enough to be starters so moving OBJ for Fuller and 3 first round picks (plus the picks in rounds 2-7) isn't bad.  Did you list your full roster or just key players? I'm trying to figure how you have 7 rounds of picks with such small rosters.  Does he have any other young pieces you could go after if you shipped out Manning, Woodhead and Witten as well?  Just saying these guys become worthless so if you could hitch them in for some value all the better but I think that offer is a strong consideration given your team.

I don't make the deal because you are not getting any impact player in return.  The first rounders in 2017 are likely not impact guys and Fuller is nothing more than a WR3/4 with maybe WR2 upside.  I think you need to get back at least a low end WR1 or RB1 with the 1st rounders.  I also don't think the pupu platter of picks 3-7 in 2018 have any real value.  They are all crap shoots and you probably don't have the roster space to keep them all anyway.   

Overall, not a bad offer, but I'd probably decline.  As others have mentioned, you're not getting a true difference maker in return for ODB and while all those picks look nice, I'd still rather acquire proven NFL players than rookie draft picks.  Will Fuller is a WR2 at most, especially given the Texans QB issues; who knows how long that train wreck is going to last.  1.03 & 1.10 are only as good as the players picked in those spots.  They still have quite a bit of risk baked into their prices.

Thanks to all of you for your advice.  You all make very good points.  I may consider the deal if my trade partner agrees to throw in a RB1 or WR1 in place of Fuller, but otherwise I'll decline the offer.

Corey Coleman has been offered up instead of Will Fuller.  I'm inclined to accept the trade now.  I would appreciate thoughts on this trade - thanks!

Scot from LV said:
Corey Coleman has been offered up instead of Will Fuller.  I'm inclined to accept the trade now.  I would appreciate thoughts on this trade - thanks!
That doesn't change my view.  He is unproven on a crappy team.  He definitely doesn't fit into the proven useful player category.  I still easily pass on the offer.

The only WRs that are better than Coleman are Julio and Keenan Allen.  We've already established he wouldn't be willing to part with them and he has no RBs worth anything.

I would take this deal with Coleman.  Sometimes you need to take a step back before you can move forward.  You are essentially getting 4 first round picks plus other picks including a know 1.03 and Coleman was a top 6 pick in my leagues last year.  This may also ensure your own pick in 2018 is very early as well.  

I would take this deal with Coleman.  Sometimes you need to take a step back before you can move forward.  You are essentially getting 4 first round picks plus other picks including a know 1.03 and Coleman was a top 6 pick in my leagues last year.  This may also ensure your own pick in 2018 is very early as well.  
I agree with this.  It would still be hard for me to move OBJ in this deal given the amount of risk, but Coleman's upside is worth more to me than if you got a solid player with a safer floor.  

I agree with this.  It would still be hard for me to move OBJ in this deal given the amount of risk, but Coleman's upside is worth more to me than if you got a solid player with a safer floor.  
What is his upside?  Pryor's season from last year?  Cleveland is a mess.  He may have the talent but nobody to get him the ball.       

Users who are viewing this thread