What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BREAKING: Attacks in London (1 Viewer)

Cop stabbed, gunfire outside parliament

A police officer was stabbed and an alleged assailant was reportedly shot after gunfire broke out at the UK Parliament in London on Wednesday.

London police said on Twitter they are treating the attack "as terrorist incident until we know otherwise."

At least four people were lying on the ground, some bleeding heavily, on Westminster Bridge near Britain's parliament, Reuters reported. It was not clear exactly what happened or how many people were injured.

A car on Westminster Bridge has just mowed down at least 5 people. pic.twitter.com/tdCR9I0NgJ

— Radosław Sikorski (@sikorskiradek) March 22, 2017

Reports say they have been run over.

Police said they were called to Westminster at around 10:40 a.m.

The leader of the House of Commons said a man had been shot by police. David Liddington also said there were "reports of further violent incidents in the vicinity."

This is the moment Parliament was suspended as "sounds similar to gunfire" were heard outside pic.twitter.com/to6PPxkNqL

— Sky News (@SkyNews) March 22, 2017

Lidington said the Parliament complex is in lockdown.

BBC News reports police believe there is a suspect vehicle outside parliament, people being evacuated from the area.

Reports of shots outside #UK Parliament. Remain vigilant , exercise caution, and monitor local news for updates.

— Travel - State Dept (@TravelGov) March 22, 2017

Witnesses on scene said about a dozen people were injured on the Westminster Bridge. Another witness told Sky News that there was an "almighty crash" as a vehicle hit the railings outside Parliament.

A witness told Sky News: "Someone rushed through, attacked a policeman... he appeared to be carrying a knife. We heard lots of gunfire."

Witness Jayne Wilkinson told the Telegraph: "We were taking photos of Big Ben and we saw all the people running towards us, and then there was an Asian guy in about his 40s carrying a knife about seven or eight inches long."

Commons speaker John Bercow suspended the session as police responded to an incident.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said on Twitter that President Trump had been briefed on the ongoing situation.

Trump himself said during a brief appearance Wednesday before reporters at the White House that he was just getting the news. He called it "big news."

Prime Minister Theresa May is safe, a spokesperson told reporters.

George Eaton, a journalist with the New Statesman, said that from the window of Parliament's Press Gallery, he saw police shoot a man who charged at officers.

"A large crowd was seen fleeing the man before he entered the parliamentary estate," he wrote on the publication's website. "After several officers evaded him he was swiftly shot by armed police."

Last edited by a moderator:
Anecdotally, I have a large shipment from the Netherlands that was supposed to fly today and the shipper is telling me "non specific security issues are delaying outgoing flights." That almost never happens, and that report was ahead of the attack in London. :tinfoilhat:

Attacks plural?

Wish cable news and the internet wouldn't obsess about these things. Report that a lunatic murdered some people, highlight the victims and that's it. Don't give any one or any group the attention they crave.

Those crazy Amish are at it again.

I for one just can't wait to hear all the speculation from the chattering classes about how the attacks were inspired by a post-Brexit "climate of intolerance" in Great Britain.

Those crazy Amish are at it again.

I for one just can't wait to hear the all speculation from the chattering classes about how the attacks were inspired by a post-Brexit "climate of intolerance" in Great Britain.
You're the first one to bring up politics in this thread. 

Anecdotally, I have a large shipment from the Netherlands that was supposed to fly today and the shipper is telling me "non specific security issues are delaying outgoing flights." That almost never happens, and that report was ahead of the attack in London. :tinfoilhat:
I'm inclined to tie this in with the electronic device advisories. Something is buzzing.

Who had Tim in the pool to turn this into gun control?
I have no comment about gun control. It doesn't work in this country. In countries like England where there are very few guns, I'm convinced incidents like today are prevented from being worse. But in America there's no way to get there. 

Users who are viewing this thread