What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Iceland w 24hrs in London (twice) > Input Welcome! (1 Viewer)

I agree the lagoons are nice experience, but probably a bit overrated and expensive. Basically just sitting in a large heated pool.

Blue Lagoon, yes I agree, overrated and expensive. Sky Lagoon was much more reasonable and the 7-step ritual add-on was worth it. You start with a cold pool plunge, go to a hot/dry sauna (shown in the picture above), go outside to a cold mist, a body scrub and then a hot/high humidity sauna to finish. Plus you can get a few cold beers while you're hanging out in the lagoon.

Sounds like an awesome trip and itinerary Icon. I definitely want to get back to Iceland (this time in the summer). And I wouldn't worry too much about your rental car. You should be fine with that Jeep. I went around the same time of year, rented a standard four door sedan and was fine even in the colder mountain areas.

You should probably try some smoked puffin while you're there. I felt a little bad eating the cute little bird but better than I expected.
:lol: it's funny you mention that...

The GF is generally very even keel, however she's occasionally very passionately against the idea of eating certain animals. Generally the only hard line was on Turtle Soup down in Nola. She legit walked away from a lunch table when a very good friend ordered it just to troll her. :lol:

She didn't mind my eating Cuy (guinea Pig) in Ecuador.

Running down the list of things we were going to try (Horse, Reindeer, etc.) she aggressively balked at Puffin. Not sure why the line there... but I suspect I'll be avoiding Puffin out of respect for her (ie not wanting to spend a day or two in a metaphorical Ice Cave). :D

I agree the lagoons are nice experience, but probably a bit overrated and expensive. Basically just sitting in a large heated pool.

Reykjavik itself is a pretty interesting city and very walkable. And of course, you'll want to have at least one hot dog at the famous Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur stand.

Blue Lagoon, yes I agree, overrated and expensive. Sky Lagoon was much more reasonable and the 7-step ritual add-on was worth it. You start with a cold pool plunge, go to a hot/dry sauna (shown in the picture above), go outside to a cold mist, a body scrub and then a hot/high humidity sauna to finish. Plus you can get a few cold beers while you're hanging out in the lagoon.

Damn. See that sounds like a cool experience.

I've done the Hot Springs experience in Hot Springs, Arkansas with the whole sauna, massage, bathing (old black woman in plantation garb bathing you in a big commercial stainless steel tub, felt a little too "old south" for my tastes :lol:)

This sounds like even more fun without the thick layer of racist frosting.

Users who are viewing this thread