What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 rookie picpick 1.10 post combinek 1.10 post combine (Closed) (1 Viewer)

Who would you select for pick 1.10 in a 2 QB league rookie draft?

• Ju Ju Smith-Schuster

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Alvin Kamara

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Evan Engram

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Mitch Trubisky

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Deshone Kizer

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Patrick Mahomes

• David Njoku

• Taywan Taylor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kareem Hunt

• Zay Jones

• Samaje Perine

• D'Onta Foreman

• ArDarius Stewart

• Dont play this format

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • Other (please post who you voted for so that player can be added to the next poll)

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters

Biabreakable

Footballguy
This poll is to find out where rookie players stack up after the combine.

My goal is to run these polls up until the NFL and see how far we can get. Hopefully a top 25 at least, but if polls go fast maybe we can get deeper than that. Will have to see how this goes.

There are two polls, one for typical 12 team leagues 20 roster spots, PPR or standard scoring. Although there are some differences between these two scoring formats, I don't think the information gained by that difference is much, the order should be about the same except that WR should be valued more in PPR leagues.

The second poll is for 2 QB leagues as I want to see where the QBs are valued compared to other players in this format.

Please suggest players you think should be on the next set of polls or changes you might make to the players currently available in the poll.

I am pulling names from Mike Clays nice top 100 list here. But I will add new players based on the communities recommendations before just adding the next player from Mikes list.

Discussion very welcome.

Results

1.01 Leonard Fournette 73% and 48% at 52 votes

1.02 Dalvin Cook 65% and 43.75% at 84 votes

1.03 Corey Davis 45% and 23.4% at 68 votes

1.04 Mike Williams 40% and 23% at 80 votes
1.05 Christian McCaffrey 53% and 26% at 70 votes

1.06 Joe Mixon 75% and 26% at 76 votes

1.07 OJ Howard 33% and Deshaun Watson 20% at 92 votes

1.08 Alvin Kamara 38% and OJ Howard 12% at 80 votes

1.09 John Ross 53.6% and 12/5% at 62 votes (tie between Ross and Trubisky in the 2QB poll broken by the ohter poll

1.10 JuJu Smith-Schuster 61.8% and Alvin Kamara 20.6% at 69 votes

The next poll can be found here

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say I love how these polls are going. 5 of my top 9 aren't on this list. Some aren't even available to choose yet......and guys I don't like are getting most of the votes on this one. Good stuff. 

I have to say I love how these polls are going. 5 of my top 9 aren't on this list. Some aren't even available to choose yet......and guys I don't like are getting most of the votes on this one. Good stuff. 
Obligatory please join my league.

5 out of 9?  Zay Jones fan?  Big on some of the TEs or QBs?

5 out of 9?  Zay Jones fan?  Big on some of the TEs or QBs?
I'm going to wait until my rookie draft is complete before I give my list up but if I can I'm going to try and acquire two 2nd picks. Looks like I'll be getting a couple very nice prospects for cheap. There's a Tyler Lockett level prospect people are missing. 

I'm going to wait until my rookie draft is complete before I give my list up but if I can I'm going to try and acquire two 2nd picks. Looks like I'll be getting a couple very nice prospects for cheap. There's a Tyler Lockett level prospect people are missing. 
Travin Dural and Taywan Taylor are my guesses that you feel are higher.  Possibly Isaiah Ford, KD Cannon, or Robert Davis?  But I look forward to seeing contrarian type rankings, assuming you're not being contrarian just to do it that is.  

I'm not in a league with you, care to share?  

LOL I was contrarian when I took LeVeon Bell in front of Gio. I was contrarian when I said I would take David Johnson at 1.03 in rookie drafts if I had that pick behind only Gurley and Cooper. I loved Lockett and thought he should have been a 1st round rookie pick. I have always thought Blake Bortles was terrible. I have some misses too obviously. I can't share it here but I'll message you two or three guys I think should be 1st round picks that are projecting as 2nd and 3rd round picks.....Can't tell spider though. LOL

LOL I was contrarian when I took LeVeon Bell in front of Gio. I was contrarian when I said I would take David Johnson at 1.03 in rookie drafts if I had that pick behind only Gurley and Cooper. I loved Lockett and thought he should have been a 1st round rookie pick. I have always thought Blake Bortles was terrible. I have some misses too obviously. I can't share it here but I'll message you two or three guys I think should be 1st round picks that are projecting as 2nd and 3rd round picks.....Can't tell spider though. LOL
I would also like that list and will keep it a secret. If one is my man, The Yeti, I want a finders fee.  :D

Wow....you should be an nfl gm or at least a scout

Wow....you should be an nfl gm or at least a scout
This is why this forum sucks. If you don't go along with the crowd you are ridiculed. You guys have lost a ton of great posters here because of that. I mean wtf does a post like this prove? If you don't agree with me fine but the constant trolling gets tiresome and then posters like myself leave......then you only hear this echo chamber crap that everybody hears and any edge you might have had is gone. So dumb.

This is why this forum sucks. If you don't go along with the crowd you are ridiculed. You guys have lost a ton of great posters here because of that. I mean wtf does a post like this prove? If you don't agree with me fine but the constant trolling gets tiresome and then posters like myself leave......then you only hear this echo chamber crap that everybody hears and any edge you might have had is gone. So dumb.
How many times were you way wrong?  Please provide examples 

How many times were you way wrong?  Please provide examples please
haha nah you can look up my posting. I've been wrong. Never said I was always right. Putting me on ignore is what you should do. That's what I'll be doing with you.

Edit done. Please put me on ignore as well and enjoy your life.

Travin Dural and Taywan Taylor are my guesses that you feel are higher.  Possibly Isaiah Ford, KD Cannon, or Robert Davis?  But I look forward to seeing contrarian type rankings, assuming you're not being contrarian just to do it that is.  

I'm not in a league with you, care to share?  
Has to be either Carlos Henderson or Dede Westbrook.  I have Henderson 4th among WR, so he'd be my guess.

I have the 1.10 pick in my non-PPR 14team league.

Of the remaining choices I picked Samaje Perine with the thoughts he could be a Blount type player. NFL.com has Michael Turner as his comparison.

My thinking is that as the passing stats keep going up, linebackers are going to lose bulk to try and keep up with the speed of the receivers, even on 1st and 2nd down. This leads to an advantage for a bigger back. Mismatches, right? You zig...I'll zag.

Almost took D'onta Foreman for the same reason. Like Samaje a little better.

Milkman said:
:lmao:

One of Harmon's favorites, that he took in a mock draft at 1.11 with some high powered guys is Godwin. After the mock draft Evan Silva made a comment that indicated he wasn't real high on this draft class unlike what others are saying.  Samuel was taken at 1.10.

Last edited:
I voted other for Marlon Mack. Not trying to be contrarian, I just like his tape, production, and workout numbers. I think he has a very good shot to be a day 2 pick, and I am comfortable taking him hear or a couple picks higher if that happens.

Users who are viewing this thread