What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (8 Viewers)

:sigh:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

The NFL has decided that it will not force players to stand for the playing of our National Anthem.

Total disrespect for our great country!

I think it's disrespectful not to stand for the anthem.

I think it's stupid Trump is tweeting anything about it.

I think it's beyond stupid and laughable that people care what Trump thinks about the NFL.

I think it's disrespectful not to stand for the anthem.

I think it's stupid Trump is tweeting anything about it.

I think it's beyond stupid and laughable that people care what Trump thinks about the NFL.
I think it's even more beyond stupid that our President cares about what's going on in the NFL.

I think it makes complete sense that people care about what our President is doing since he was elected to do a job.

Even if so, that is not evidence of collusion.,

(BTW, I believe I've said this before multiple times, the whole package of Kaep is just not good enough to counter the potential negative backlash from his signing, more so now that the president has ramped up tensions) 
I never said it was evidence of collusion, and I didn't speculate that collusion was the reason. FWIW, there's also no evidence that they snubbed him due to fear of negative backlash.

I get the player value versus media headache conundrum, though, and it is probably magnified in the Titans case. A mobile read-option QB would have more value in this offense than others, but the backlash would probably be greater in this part of the country than others.

Nope, but it makes you wonder how qualified Trump actually is.  So far he seems to be the least qualified President in history.
He's not, but the country is sick of the "qualified" politicians that lie and get nothing done. Unfortunately our first attempt at getting away from that is this egomaniac who can't keep his mouth shut. I hope the trend continues in the future but with someone that's less of an @s*. Cuban claims he's considering running, that could be interesting. 

He's not, but the country is sick of the "qualified" politicians that lie and get nothing done. Unfortunately our first attempt at getting away from that is this egomaniac who can't keep his mouth shut. I hope the trend continues in the future but with someone that's less of an @s*. Cuban claims he's considering running, that could be interesting. 
I get why people wanted a change but it's been a major failure.  Would be nice to accept that failure and end it sooner than later in order to move on.  I don't think this Presidency is one of those that we just want to ride out and see if it works itself out.  Maybe we can all try harder to get better candidates for the next election.

I get why people wanted a change but it's been a major failure.  Would be nice to accept that failure and end it sooner than later in order to move on.  I don't think this Presidency is one of those that we just want to ride out and see if it works itself out.  Maybe we can all try harder to get better candidates for the next election.
Not really, it's the same gridlock as before. Besides the treat that's Obamacare the previous 8 years weren't great........we are continuing more of the same but tax reform would be a game changer. I would be on board with him stepping aside for Pence though, he could bring people together or at least provide some improvement over big mouth. 

It can only be deemed a failure when we see what the two major parties try and put up in two years.  If it is the same crap we had last cycle, then yes it's a failure.  

I'm not holding my breath.

As I said before, he completely gets it. Its not about respect, its about pandering to his voters.
That's true.  One thing he has proven to be good at is playing people like a fiddle.  I teeter back and forth on whether I think he's bat crap crazy or possibly really smart.

I think it's even more beyond stupid that our President cares about what's going on in the NFL.

I think it makes complete sense that people care about what our President is doing since he was elected to do a job.
People care about the President's opinion on the NFL?  He wasn't elected to do anything regarding the NFL.

That's true.  One thing he has proven to be good at is playing people like a fiddle.  I teeter back and forth on whether I think he's bat crap crazy or possibly really smart.
He's a conman. That's what conmen do, bob and weave, for as long as they can.

Last edited by a moderator:
People care about the President's opinion on the NFL?  He wasn't elected to do anything regarding the NFL.
The self proclaim "patriots" and Trump followers sure seem to love it.  These people honestly believe that Trump only cares about making America great.  I don't doubt that Trump actually does want to do some good things for America but I know that he will always put himself first.  Americans are most certainly not his top priority.

Would you agree, RW, that President Trump's insistent focus on this issue is designed as a distraction, to give his supporters some red meat to think about so that they don't blame him for his failure to get anything substantial accomplished?
No, my guess at this point it's about exerting his power to "force" them to stand.  But like I said....

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/755362-colin-kaepernick-thread-kaepernick-files-a-grievance-against-nfl/?do=findComment&comment=20529617

Not really, it's the same gridlock as before. Besides the treat that's Obamacare the previous 8 years weren't great........we are continuing more of the same but tax reform would be a game changer. I would be on board with him stepping aside for Pence though, he could bring people together or at least provide some improvement over big mouth. 
Nobody is proposing tax reform

Link to where he said that? Doesn't Tom Coughlin make all the player personnel decisions? And Couglin is on record for saying the Jaguars don't want Kaepernick.
I'm fairly sure as a billionaire and team owner...If he wanted a particular player he could make that happen.

I didn't bring it up chief.
Your exact words which were a reply to a post about Jeff George. So forgive me if you meant George forman or George costanza below. 

He had a 90.7 rating and was literally a middel of the road starter (17/32).  How many times did George accomplish either of those?
So if you aren't using QB rating to compare Jeff George and Colin, what exactly were you doing? 

I'm fairly sure as a billionaire and team owner...If he wanted a particular player he could make that happen.
Not if he hired Coughlin with the understanding that he had the final say on all player personnel decisions, which appears to be the case here:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-coughlin-says-jaguars-dont-want-colin-kaepernick-refuses-to-explain-why/

Tom Coughlin says Jaguars don't want Colin Kaepernick, refuses to explain why

[...]

The Jaguars had actually been mentioned as a possible destination for Kaepernick in late August after team owner Shad Khan said that he'd "absolutely" be interested in signing the quarterback. However, Khan did make it clear the he would only be on board with adding Kaepernick if his football people recommended it, and based on Coughlin's comments, it doesn't sound like that's a recommendation that will be coming anytime soon. 

John Elway career pass rating was 79. Fouts' was 80.

Passerrating doesn't mean ****
And Elway's never dropped below 85 after 1992, and he never won a Super Bowl with it under 87.

And Fouts' was over 93 in every playoff game he won and under 71 for every playoff game he lost (in fact, under 40 for half of them.)

Passer Rating isn't the end-all, be-all, but it's meaningful.

:mellow:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 53m53 minutes ago

#Giants owner John Mara says he wants everyone to stand for the anthem.

“But there isn’t a quid pro quo.”

Wat?  About a half a dozen? Does he mean about a half a dozen per team?

Steve Peoples‏ @sppeoples 50m50 minutes ago

Roger Goodell: “We have about a half a dozen players that are protesting...

We’re going to continue to work to try to put that at zero.”

162 pages of this nonsense. Aren't you guys embarrassed? Especially conservatives, I'm sorry to say. Trump completely manipulated you guys. Some of you might not like him, I get that, but it doesn't seem to matter. All he has to do is say "look over there!" and you look. You completely forget about his lack of achievements and you get transfixed on this supposed "insult to the flag." So silly.

Users who are viewing this thread