Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Dr. Awesome

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, squistion said:

Dude. This is the Colin Kaepernick thread, in case you didn't notice. I would assume that a tweet by Colin Kapernick in a thread devoted to him is allowed. It is a public statement by him on the Eric Reid kneeling situation, which was discussed multiple times since Reid was signed.

The situation is 3 guys and the Reid thingy was discussed by you...but did Joe ask you or not?  Save me the search

Edited by Da Guru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, squistion said:

Dude. This is the Colin Kaepernick thread, in case you didn't notice. I would assume that a tweet by Colin Kapernick in a thread devoted to him is allowed. It is a public statement by him on the Eric Reid kneeling situation, which was discussed multiple times since Reid was signed.

Well you do have a history of changing the thread title

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Well you do have a history of changing the thread title

The title was changed after people starting trolling the thread with news about NFL kickers, because the thread said "Kaepernick...and NFL news"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, squistion said:

The title was changed after people starting trolling the thread with news about NFL kickers, because the thread said "Kaepernick...and NFL news"

The OP should leave the thread title alone and not change it because it's not going his way

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, squistion said:

Colin Kaepernick‏ @Kaepernick7 2h2 hours ago

My Brother @E_Reid35, with @KSTiLLS and @iThinkIsee12, continue to take a knee against systemic oppression. They are unwavering in their conviction! #ImWithReid

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/1048999653172293632

 

Anytime an NFL player kneels during the national anthem, remember one thing: You don’t get respect by showing disrespect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Republicans are jumping for joy that Reid is going to try and revive this for the elections.

Edited by jonessed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GROOT said:

Anytime an NFL player kneels during the national anthem, remember one thing: You don’t get respect by showing disrespect.

This sounds so dishonest coming from a Trump supporter.  Hard to take people like you seriously.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, squistion said:

HuffPo reports that newly released documents show that Pence's 2017 trip to a Colts game cost at least $325,000. 

The documents also show that his decision to leave in protest after players kneeled during the National Anthem was clearly a planned "stunt".

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/vice-president-mike-pence-colts-nfl-anthem-stunt_us_5bb8cfd5e4b0876eda9e78fe?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004

 

 

 

 

The only thing surprising about this is that it didn't somehow personally enrich Trump and that the documents were released.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This sounds so dishonest coming from a Trump supporter.  Hard to take people like you seriously.

It really is.  They've abdicated any kind of respect or moral high ground for at least the next 20 years.  They are just a joke.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This discussion of Colin Kaepernick and kneeling during the National Anthem has 315 pages. Will the news about climate change come close to that? We’re wasting so much time on trivial nonsense. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, timschochet said:

This discussion of Colin Kaepernick and kneeling during the National Anthem has 315 pages. Will the news about climate change come close to that? We’re wasting so much time on trivial nonsense. 

I really don't think it will.  The right has basically adopted their daddy's position that it's a hoax.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, timschochet said:

This discussion of Colin Kaepernick and kneeling during the National Anthem has 315 pages. Will the news about climate change come close to that? We’re wasting so much time on trivial nonsense. 

:popcorn:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, timschochet said:

This discussion of Colin Kaepernick and kneeling during the National Anthem has 315 pages. Will the news about climate change come close to that? We’re wasting so much time on trivial nonsense. 

This might be your dumbest post ever. What was the goal of this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, timschochet said:

This discussion of Colin Kaepernick and kneeling during the National Anthem has 315 pages. Will the news about climate change come close to that? We’re wasting so much time on trivial nonsense. 

Only one way to make sure it will stay on first page...Get Squis off Kappy and on to the climate change bandwagon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timschochet said:

This discussion of Colin Kaepernick and kneeling during the National Anthem has 315 pages. Will the news about climate change come close to that? We’re wasting so much time on trivial nonsense. 

Well, Tim, perhaps you should pass on the word to Trump as he has done more in the last year to keep the kneeling in the news more than anyone else.

And also, those who are still kneeling don't consider social injustice or racial discrimination trivial matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, squistion said:

Well, Tim, perhaps you should pass on the word to Trump as he has done more in the last year to keep the kneeling in the news more than anyone else.

And also, those who are still kneeling don't consider social injustice or racial discrimination trivial matters.

With only 3 players kneeling and 2 of them are bit players nobodies it time try something else. Still think grassroots work going into communities and working with police and their communities is way more effective than just kneeling for a minute. Person to person actually has impact on lives and can promote change.  Kneeling really has no impact.

Edited by Da Guru
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

With only 3 players kneeling and 2 of them are bit players nobodies it time try something else. Still think grassroots work going into communities and working with police and their communities is way more effective than just kneeling for a minute. Person to person actually has impact on lives and can promote change.  Kneeling really has no impact.

If kneeling actually has no impact, Colin Kaepernick would not have become an African American icon.

And I find it amusing that people who believed that the players never should not have done the kneeling in the first place are now saying time to try something else - like they would have paid any attention to the alternative of community based work (which many NFL players have been and are actually involved in).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, squistion said:

If kneeling actually has no impact, Colin Kaepernick would not have become an African American icon.

And I find it amusing that people who believed that the players never should not have done the kneeling in the first place are now saying time to try something else - like they would have paid any attention to the alternative of community based work (which many NFL players have been and are actually involved in).

I have never said they should not kneel nor do I care if they do.  The kneeling has no impact on the streets of Chicago, LA, Detroit or anywhere else there on confrontations on a daily basis. Plus with only 3 non significant players still kneeling it is even less. After Reid's first week it will be a non story again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they should move on to something else (as does Malcolm Jenkins*),  but it is not either/or and not true that there hasn't been an impact. Kneeling brings awareness that causes action to be taken. The NFL would probably not have started the social justice initiative and given all of that money without it. Community involvement gets stuff done, but doesn't broadly increase awareness or agitate for broader action. 

*Jenkins on Sept 5: "Me personally, I really want to get this conversation to move away from the anthem,” he says. “I think it has served its purpose.”

Edited by Mystery Achiever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Da Guru said:

I have never said they should not kneel nor do I care if they do.  The kneeling has no impact on the streets of Chicago, LA, Detroit or anywhere else there on confrontations on a daily basis. Plus with only 3 non significant players still kneeling it is even less. After Reid's first week it will be a non story again.

For someone who is supposedly indifferent to the kneeling issue, you have posted a lot in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, squistion said:

For someone who is supposedly indifferent to the kneeling issue, you have posted a lot in this thread.

My posts were always about if Kappy had a right to kneel which he does.  And if the owners had the right not to employ him if they felt he was bad for the bottom line which they do.  Not about the kneeling itself. That is irrelevant to me. I mean I never see the NA anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, squistion said:

Well, Tim, perhaps you should pass on the word to Trump as he has done more in the last year to keep the kneeling in the news more than anyone else.

And also, those who are still kneeling don't consider social injustice or racial discrimination trivial matters.

Social injustice and racial discrimination are not trivial matters. Kneeling about them in a way that is guaranteed to outrage people is trivial. Reacting to that kneeling by calling for suspensions and firing is even more trivial. 

Sorry but given the problems this country and world are facing, it’s absurd that we’re wasting any time on this discussion. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, squistion said:

Well, Tim, perhaps you should pass on the word to Trump as he has done more in the last year to keep the kneeling in the news more than anyone else.

And also, those who are still kneeling don't consider social injustice or racial discrimination trivial matters.

He seems jealous of this threads activity, why else lash out . I find this thread fascinating and you as the OP keep it on topic. Keep up the good work 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike Damone said:

He seems jealous of this threads activity, why else lash out . I find this thread fascinating and you as the OP keep it on topic. Keep up the good work 

Lol, I’m not jealous. And I’m one of the few around here that really like squistion. But there’s too much time being paid to this topic, especially by Trump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, timschochet said:

Lol, I’m not jealous. And I’m one of the few around here that really like squistion. But there’s too much time being paid to this topic, especially by Trump. 

Sorry I read it wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nike is now down over 10 billion since signing Colin. That guy is just toxic. This whole market drop is probably his fault. Tariffs...china....shoes....nike.....colin. Follow the breadcrumbs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

Nike is now down over 10 billion since signing Colin. That guy is just toxic. This whole market drop is probably his fault. Tariffs...china....shoes....nike.....colin. Follow the breadcrumbs.  

You really don't know how the market works, do you? No need to reply, posts like this answer the question quite nicely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

You really don't know how the market works, do you? No need to reply, posts like this answer the question quite nicely.

So you dont believe Nike signing such a toxic individual could crash the whole market? Agree to disagree?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, squistion said:

CSPAN‏ @cspan 2h2 hours ago

Jim Brown speaks to media outside White House:

"I don't think that we should take knees in protest instead of be standing up for our flag."

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1050456672181919744 (video at link)

Thanks...good watch.  With age comes wisdom. Brown has always been an activist but as he aged he saw the big picture as well.

Edited by Da Guru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

Nike is now down over 10 billion since signing Colin. That guy is just toxic. This whole market drop is probably his fault. Tariffs...china....shoes....nike.....colin. Follow the breadcrumbs.  

Just hope he stays away from ACRX. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Just hope he stays away from ACRX. ;)

I was watching the fda adcom meeting on webcast earlier this morning and i did see a guy kneeling near the projector. I assumed it was an AV guy. Now i am afraid it was kaepernick. 

Crap, i better sell just to be safe. Oh wait I cant. It is halted, T1 code. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Looks like meeting goes all day. Good luck with it.

Yep. These things are painful. Can only watch here and there today, thank god. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colin Kaepernick Retweeted

NBC News‏ @NBCNews 49m49 minutes ago

A small all-black high school football team has started kneeling during the national anthem at their games. They say they are protesting against police brutality — both what they see on social media and what they've faced in their lives.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/these-teens-are-kneeling-to-take-a-stand-against-inequality-1343098435693?v=raila&cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not read a single post in this 315 page thread. So excuse me if this has been discussed. Colin could really get some cred and backing if he would volunteer to coach in a underprivileged [poor black] neighborhood school system. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, E Street Brat said:

I have not read a single post in this 315 page thread. So excuse me if this has been discussed. Colin could really get some cred and backing if he would volunteer to coach in a underprivileged [poor black] neighborhood school system. 

 

 

 

It would be much self gratification...but it would take too much time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, squistion said:

Colin Kaepernick‏ @Kaepernick7 12h12 hours ago

Thank you Harvard University for honoring me tonight with the W.E.B. Du Bois Medal. I’m grateful for this recognition and to be amongst the other highly esteemed honorees that inspire me.

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/1050601031128702976

Squis you post to the same 15-20 guys in this thread all the time but are you a community person who gets out and actually does some things to help the causes you post about where you live?  Here it is just keyboard stuff that does not make a difference.   I grew up in Detroit and still volunteer once a month for a couple causes in the city that desperately  need people to help.  I have involved a few of my friends as well.  It is very rewarding and when you connect with an actual person and see that they really appreciate you it is all that much better..  Seems like you would enjoy that type of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mary Bono is out as interim president and CEO of USA Gymnastics.

Bono was criticized by Simone Biles for an anti-Kaepernick/Nike post and by Aly Raisman for her connections to a law firm that she said helped "cover up our abuse" by Larry Nassar.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mary-bono-usa-gymnastics-larry-nassar_us_5bc63fe5e4b055bc947b0104?rls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colin Kaepernick‏ @Kaepernick7 11h11 hours ago

Thank you Tommie Smith & John Carlos 4 the sacrifices you made on this day 50 yrs ago.They have laid the foundation 4 the advancement of many others at their own personal expense, & have done it gracefully & unapologetically! We will never be able 2 repay you 4 what you have done 4 us!

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/1052385584931635200 (pictures of Smith and Carlos with Kaep at link).

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 7:42 PM, Da Guru said:

Squis you post to the same 15-20 guys in this thread all the time but are you a community person who gets out and actually does some things to help the causes you post about where you live?  Here it is just keyboard stuff that does not make a difference.   I grew up in Detroit and still volunteer once a month for a couple causes in the city that desperately  need people to help.  I have involved a few of my friends as well.  It is very rewarding and when you connect with an actual person and see that they really appreciate you it is all that much better..  Seems like you would enjoy that type of thing.

I'm not surprised he ignored this.  I doubt he really cares.  People out making real world changes aren't posting online 5-6 hours a day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

I'm not surprised he ignored this.  I doubt he really cares.  People out making real world changes aren't posting online 5-6 hours a day.

It was a serious post. Just thought by his posts that he would enjoy getting out there and making a difference face to face with people so when he did not answer in 5 days I guess not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Da Guru said:

It was a serious post. Just thought by his posts that he would enjoy getting out there and making a difference face to face with people so when he did not answer in 5 days I guess not.

I know it was.  Most of my rewarding volunteer and community service has been in cities that need it the most.  I'd rather get out in real life to make a difference than complain about it online which changes nothing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If any good has come out of all this it’s that I won’t have to watch another Amy Schumer Super Bowl commercial 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, timschochet said:

Jacksonville does not have a quarterback on their roster that is as good as Colin Kaepernick. 

??.....Kaep would struggle against some NCAA opponents.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.