What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (3 Viewers)

I doubt it, I don't think they have cared much about blacks being shot by police in the past. And Antifa members have all looked pretty much lily white from the protests (seeing what little of their skin is visible in their black hoods and attire). This is probably a BLM offshoot that the tweeter characterized as anarchist for the destruction of property.
Is there a difference between the lilly whites and the regular whites?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a difference between the lilly whites and the regular whites?
Um, generally I guess I would say a much lighter complexion as if they have seen little or no direct sun, not the type you see at the beach even using a sun block.

However here I using a colloquialism, referring to them being almost all Caucasian, from what I have seen. Not many Antifa people of color, but I could be wrong.  

Um, I guess I would say a much lighter complexion as if they have seen little or no direct sun, not the type you see at the beach even using a sun block.
Can you give us a list of all the various colors we can describe people?  How many different shades of white, brown, black, or any other color?

I was at the Detroit-Carolina game Sunday and wanted to see if Reid took a knee or stood..but I was in the corridor getting a beer and missed the National Anthem.  Nobody said anything about it....so he stand or take a knee?

https://twitter.com/ErickFernandez/status/1064562134376431618

the tweet: https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1064558903420170240

My reaction to that list: https://media.giphy.com/media/5C8X8LdIkK7jW/giphy.gif

Now in fairness Gruden isn't a guy who likes RPO/Pistol concepts that much and the scheme wouldn't fit Kaep's old skill level but yikes, Kellen Clemens? Josh Johnson? E.J. Manuel? Oof.
None of those guys would be a distraction. It's quite simple. 

Marcel Louis-Jacques‏Verified account @Marcel_LJ 16h16 hours ago

Eric Reid was randomly selected by the NFL to take a drug test today. He told me it's his 6th drug test since signing w/ Panthers on Sept. 27, 5th random (1st test was part of his physical).

"This is supposed to be a random system. It doesn't feel very random."
https://twitter.com/ErickFernandez/status/1066858935276249088

The NFL tried to take away Eric Reid’s livelihood by trying to blackball him because they didn’t like him protesting police brutality.

They continue to try to target him by over drug-testing him. This isn’t an accident.

:yes:

https://clutchpoints.com/nfl-news-colin-kaepernick-finalizing-collusion-grievance-hearing-for-2019/

Colin Kaepernick finalizing collusion grievance hearing for 2019

Colin Kaepernick’s grievance hearing could be set in February 2019 at the latest. It will be done in the city of Philadelphia. There is no exact schedule yet for the hearing, but it’ll push through, according to a report from Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports.

Kaepernick will finally be given the opportunity to explain his side of the case sometime in the near future.

Preliminary conversations about a potential settlement have gone nowhere, sources said, and the NFL and NFLPA are deep in discussions finalizing the specifics of Colin Kaepernick’s collusion grievance hearing against the league, multiple sources said.
The 31-year-old quarterback has not played for any team since December of 2016. He remains unsigned to this day despite posting decent numbers in five years with the San Francisco 49ers. Kaepernick passed for  12,271 yards, 72 touchdowns, and only 30 interceptions.

In the grievance complain that he filed in October 2017, he alleged that NFL teams colluded against him. They did not want to sign him because of the protest actions that he had done before.

Kaepernick knelt during the national anthem in protest of the wrongdoings on African-Americans across the country in August 2016.

It created a huge backlash within the league, with several other players refusing to stand when the anthem was played to express their disapproval on what has been happening in the United States.

The former 49ers’ quarterback continues to work out on a daily basis hoping that one day he’ll be able to take the field once again. Kaepernick’s agents are trying hard to talk with NFL personnel to give him a try-out, but that opportunity hasn’t come yet for their client.

For all we know he is in Stage 1 and is just taking advantage of the fact that the NFL cant say he is in stage 1. That is exactly the kind of thing he would do. 
The taking away his livelihood part is laughable too.   Squis never seems to have an opinion when Reid is out there cheap shotting QBs threatening their livelihood.  

B-b-b-but political agendas.

Eric Reid is a drama queen.  No wonder he had a difficult time getting signed again (and immediately started more petty drama).  

Why haven't Stills or Wilson been overly tested if the NFL is out to rid of players kneeling?  Three guys still kneeling and the one who has been ejected for targeting and tried to start a fight with Jenkins is the only one complaining.  Weird.

The Root‏Verified account @TheRoot 17h17 hours ago

NFL Safety Eric Reid has been drug tested 6 times in 8 games since joining the Panthers. Note: Their drug test system is supposed to be "random" https://trib.al/PgCRQCm
Exactly, how can anyone seriously believe that being tested 6 times in a 8 game period is "random"?

He hasn't been tested 6 times? Once to pass his physical and join the Panthers before his first game played and 5 times since then. What is the falsehood? The first test wasn't random but the five after that supposedly were.
There hasn’t been six random tests.  

He probably put a target on himself at the eagles game when looked like he had roid rage starting a fight during the coin flip and then cheap shotting Wentz.  But Reid is always the victim in some minds 

He probably put a target on himself at the eagles game when looked like he had roid rage starting a fight during the coin flip and then cheap shotting Wentz.  But Reid is always the victim in some minds 
Big deal. Technically wrong, but hardly a total falsehood. 6 tests, 5 random which can't be random in that short a space of time. He is being singled out by the league, and I haven't heard of any other player having 6 tests, 5 random in an 8 week period.

Big deal. Technically wrong, but hardly a total falsehood. 6 tests, 5 random which can't be random in that short a space of time. He is being singled out by the league, and I haven't heard of any other player having 6 tests, 5 random in an 8 week period.
Where is the list of tested players so we can assess Reid's complaint for accuracy?

Where is the list of tested players so we can assess Reid's complaint for accuracy?
Find me another player who has claimed they have been tested 6 times in an 8 week period, 5 of them supposedly "random" when they are not in Stage 1 (or whatever) for repeated random testing (see Josh Gordon). Never heard of that before, perhaps you have and can provide a name or two.

Reid is skeptical that this is really random as it certainly doesn't seem that way.

Find me another player who has claimed they have been tested 6 times in an 8 week period, 5 of them supposedly "random" when they are not in Stage 1 (or whatever) for repeated random testing (see Josh Gordon). Never heard of that before, perhaps you have and can provide a name or two.

Reid is skeptical that this is really random as it certainly doesn't seem that way.
I have never heard any player or teams talk about being tested unless they have failed.  That is why I would like to see the list of players who are tested each week for reference.

I can't find a player that discusses their testing.  Perhaps you can help the rest of us out since you seem to know Reid is unfairly targeted.

I have never heard any player or teams talk about being tested unless they have failed.  That is why I would like to see the list of players who are tested each week for reference.
He is being harassed and singled out by the league for being, along with Kaep, as one of the highest profile anthem protestors and is being made an example of so that he hopefully will fail and test and then be suspended. I have never heard any players talked about being subjected to that type of selective league punishment before.

If you don't see it this way, then we will have to agree to disagree.

He is being harassed and singled out by the league for being, along with Kaep, as one of the highest profile anthem protestors and is being made an example of so that he hopefully will fail and test and then be suspended. I have never heard any players talked about being subjected to that type of selective league punishment before.

Facts to back up this conspiracy theory?  Who else has been tested?  How frequently?  What's the punishment from being tested?

I just would like to see the list of tested players from each team each week so we can make an accurate assessment.

"the list of players to be tested is generated by an independent agency, and the list is vetted by the NFLPA. So if the NFL wanted to pick on Reid, this probably wouldn’t be the smartest way to do it. "

Odell beckam jr has been randomly tested 997,546 times. So reid should probably shut up.

Reid doesn't have a job, he complains

Reid has a job, he complains 

Carolina will cut him for being a distraction, he'll complain

was it not boring as hell before 2005?
 The young fans who jumped on the race/party bandwagon and drove popularity in their 20s now are in their mid 30s with families. The novelty has worn off and it is going back to the hardcore race fans.

I used to watch a race or 2 a year if nothing else was on..now I won`t even watch highlights of a race.

The young fans who jumped on the race/party bandwagon and drove popularity in their 20s now are in their mid 30s with families. The novelty has worn off and it is going back to the hardcore race fans.
makes sense.  what about the people who are in their 20s now?

NASCAR is boring now...rules changes, too commercialized. Maybe not enough 20 car pileups at 200mph anymore.
so ratings are down because of rule changes and commercialization?  or because people grew up and started families and apparently don't have the time or energy to watch NASCAR?

I haven't looked up any statistics or anything but I'm going to say that ratings for all sports are down since 2005.  its not unique to NASCAR or the NFL.  

so ratings are down because of rule changes and commercialization?  or because people grew up and started families and apparently don't have the time or energy to watch NASCAR?

I haven't looked up any statistics or anything but I'm going to say that ratings for all sports are down since 2005.  its not unique to NASCAR or the NFL.  
Yes..all sports rating are down..don`t know how Squish missed that.

Yes..all sports rating are down..don`t know how Squish missed that.
I quoted this, which I didn't miss, which the point of the OP:

With a 700,000 viewer drop from 2017 to 2018, NASCAR
If someone had been talking about the NFL instead of NASCAR, the Anthem kneeling would have been pointed to as the cause, instead of the fact that all sports ratings may be down for the 2017-2018 period.

Reported for spamming the thread with off topic posts
This wasn't off topic. The thread title talks about related anthem kneeling and was simply pointing out (sarcastically) that the drop in viewership can hardly be attributed to kneeling at NASCAR events, while the same figure if quoted here for the NFL would be attributed to that by the usual suspects.

This wasn't off topic. The thread title talks about related anthem kneeling and was simply pointing (sarcastically) that the drop in viewership can hardly be attributed to kneeling at NASCAR events, while the same figure if quoted here for the NFL would be attributed to that by the usual suspects.
That's a falsehood.  It was off-topic and trolling.

Users who are viewing this thread