squistion

Colin Kaepernick Thread plus related anthem kneeling and NFL stuff

10,259 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Higgs said:

Are you really this dense?  The NFL didn't want to wade into the controversy for fear that it would become an issue with Lefties, perhaps even a racial issue.  What they didn't foresee was that it would become an issue with the Right.  It had nothing to do with not having the right to fine or discipline Kaep.  

The League has very wide latitude with the "conduct detrimental" clause as evidenced by Deflategate.  It is unarguable that the Oeague wasn't harmed by the Kaep protest.  Please don't be foolish enough to try and argue otherwise.

Sorry it is arguable. Under the CBA, per the NFL Players Association, they did not have the right to discipline Kaep. And the NFL could have cared less about what the left thought if they could have stopped the kneeling protests before the season began. And from the initial reaction in the preseason, it was obvious to everyone this was issue with those on the right.

Edited by squistion

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

Sorry it is arguable. Under the CBA, per the NFL Players Association, they did not have the right to discipline Kaep. And the NFL could have cared less about what the left thought if they could have stopped the kneeling protests before the season began. And from the initial reaction in the preseason, it was obvious to everyone this was issue with those on the right.

:lmao:

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Higgs said:

You are hopeless.  How about a Seton Hall survey?  You going to dismiss that one as well?  Maybe because their nickname is the Pirates?  You tell me, Squigeon.  I'm sure you'll come up with something.  https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/si/nfl/2016/10/27/national-anthem-protest-nfl-ratings-poll%3Fsource%3Ddam

You're nothing but a partisan hack in here.  I don't think I have ever seen you once deviate from far Left talking points.  

A new poll conducted by Seton Hall found that 56% of fans believe NFL television ratings are down due to players protesting the national anthem.

Sorry, that asks about people's perception, that is not actual proof that TV ratings were down because of the protests. Still you have nothing that Kaep and the kneeling actually caused the drop in ratings.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, need2know said:

Your obsession with kaep is strange and scary

So is his obsession with pigeons.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, HellToupee said:

What is the take on twitter about this?

Reaction has been mixed as one might imagine, but since you asked:

The Daily Dot‏Verified account @dailydot 10m10 minutes ago

Colin Kaepernick named to Time’s most influential list, but some on Twitter mock his unemployment:

http://trib.al/Q5PJPsK

4 hours ago, timschochet said:
4 hours ago, The Commish said:

Aren't you a fan of Jim Mora Jr's UCLA Bruins? :oldunsure: 

The Bruins, yes. Mora not so much.

Well, think about it this way Tim.  Harbaugh could be worse...he could be Mora Jr.  Maybe that will help you, though I'm not exactly sure of the sorts of events you're talking about or what sorts of things he's said that illicit that sort of comment about him.

1 hour ago, Higgs said:

You are hopeless.  How about a Seton Hall survey?  You going to dismiss that one as well?  Maybe because their nickname is the Pirates?  You tell me, Squigeon.  I'm sure you'll come up with something.  https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/si/nfl/2016/10/27/national-anthem-protest-nfl-ratings-poll%3Fsource%3Ddam

You're nothing but a partisan hack in here.  I don't think I have ever seen you once deviate from far Left talking points.  

Yeah...... "people's perception" 

I could name thousands of people more influential than this clown. 

2 people like this

46 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Maybe that will help you, though I'm not exactly sure of the sorts of events you're talking about or what sorts of things he's said that illicit that sort of comment about him.

:loco:

The Great Communicator :lol:

6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Do it 

2 people like this

7 hours ago, timschochet said:

Second, this is a terrible choice, because the most noteworthy aspect of this guy's protest was that it was NOT influential in any way, either for or against. The biggest reaction I saw was a loud collective yawn- nobody really cared one way or another. 

You've got to be kidding. The old, white guys went ballistic. Kaepernick influenced a hell of a lot of people. Maybe not the way he wanted. But to say all he did was elicit a yawn is ignorant.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Christo said:

You've got to be kidding. The old, white guys went ballistic. Kaepernick influenced a hell of a lot of people. Maybe not the way he wanted. But to say all he did was elicit a yawn is ignorant.

With one notable exception. 

:cstu:

2 minutes ago, Reg Lllama of Brixton said:

Do it 

I'll even ignore the easy ones like all the QBs that likely got overlooked on this list that have been donating millions for years.  Suddenly he donates a couple hundred thousand after he gets called out for it. :lmao:

Let's see, how about I start with every legit school teacher in the country. Is that enough or should I move on to military, doctors and scientists?

3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I'll even ignore the easy ones like all the QBs that likely got overlooked on this list that have been donating millions for years.  Suddenly he donates a couple hundred thousand after he gets called out for it. :lmao:

Let's see, how about I start with every legit school teacher in the country. Is that enough or should I move on to military, doctors and scientists?

None of those "influential people" are talked about.

4 minutes ago, tonydead said:

No one likes teachers 

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I want 1000 names

12 minutes ago, Reg Lllama of Brixton said:

18 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Do it 

:popcorn:

1 minute ago, squistion said:

:popcorn:

7 minutes ago, tonydead said:

22 minutes ago, tonydead said:

And how many of those challenged systemic racism in this country? Maybe that is why Kaep made Time's list but none of your cast of 1000s did.

For full disclosure, I care as little about patriotism as anyone you'll meet and think that anyone giving a rat's behind about the anthem is a silly goose. But I can see why Kaepernick's actions could be thought more meaningful to those that care about that sort of stuff than off-the-field criminal behavior, as they are done within the context of his role as a 49ers football player.

Edited by TakiToki

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

And how many of those challenged systemic racism in this country? Maybe that is why Kaep made Time's list but none of your cast of 1000s did.

How many school teachers challenge systematic racism in this country?  Did you really just ask that?  Thousands I imagine, every day. 

Edited by tonydead

I'm guessing tonydead isn't naming 1,000 people because his math teachers sucked 

10 minutes ago, Limp Ditka said:

No one likes teachers 

Especially your English teacher. 

Just now, Higgs said:

Especially your English teacher. 

You're truly awful at this

2 people like this

I am already standing in line getting beers during the National anthem, or my hands are full from getting beers so at least I am standing or on my feet. 

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

:lmao: Funny you'd liked to lean on a strict interpretation of rule because you know I'm right. You're not that dumb that you don't get my point are you? 

Edited by tonydead

1 minute ago, tonydead said:

:lmao: Funny you'd liked to lean on a strict interpretation of rule because you know I'm right. You're not that dumb that you don't get my point are you? 

Do you even know the point you're trying to make?

2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Funny you'd liked to lean on a strict interpretation of rule because you know I'm right. 

No, just along with others waiting for you to document your claim, to repeat Reg's question:

16 minutes ago, Reg Lllama of Brixton said:

I want 1000 names

Edited by squistion

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Do you even know the point you're trying to make?

Made. 

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

No, just along with others waiting for you to document your claim, to repeat Reg's question:

Look everybody someone else thought he was actually going to list out thousands of first and last names too!!  :lmao:

6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Edited by tonydead

1 minute ago, tonydead said:

Look everybody someone else thought he was actually going to list out thousands of first and last names!!  :lmao:

Don't you hate it when someone quotes your exact words?

39 minutes ago, tonydead said:

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

Don't you hate it when someone quotes your exact words?

"School teachers" is a name for thousands of people.  Don't be obtuse. 

Never mind, forgot who I was taking to. Pigeons!

4 hours ago, Higgs said:

Are you serious?  You really think there needs to be an explicit rule dealing with something like this?  :lol:

Hint: Conduct detrimental to the league (which is very much in the CBA)

Don't quit your day job chief.

Is kneeling detrimental to the league? 

I'm curious, how many years did you serve in the military? I'm always amazed at the people that are bleeding red white and blue and know exactly how everyone should show their respect to the flag that have never served a day in their life.

2 people like this

8 hours ago, Koya said:

I'd much rather the Giants have signed Kaep as their backup than Geno freakin' Smith. Geno is an immature selfish and self absorb ####### who is a cancer in his own locker room.  Kaep just let things get away from him with a well intended but poorly executed vein of protest (made much worse by the fact that the guy didnt even vote)

Even taking into account the difference in $$?  There's no way I'd want the Giants paying their backup the kind of money it was rumored Kaep was looking for. 

13 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Is kneeling detrimental to the league? 

I'm curious, how many years did you serve in the military? I'm always amazed at the people that are bleeding red white and blue and know exactly how everyone should show their respect to the flag that have never served a day in their life.

You don't need to have served in the military to have the view that Americans should show respect for the flag and the national anthem.  And yes, Kaep's protest was detrimental to the League.  It resulted in boycotts and ratings declined.

7 minutes ago, Higgs said:

And yes, Kaep's protest was detrimental to the League.  It resulted in boycotts and ratings declined.

You haven't shown that at all. You provided ONE Rasmussen poll and one poll asking people about their perceptions.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Christo said:

I guess. 

But in 1968, when those two track guys raised their fists (the best analogy we have) that was a huge huge deal, they were on the cover of every magazine. Compared to that this was pretty minor IMO.