Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
spmcdermott

Devonta Freeman trade

Question

My team is below and I have following trade, do I accept? PPR 

give Devonta Freeman/2.02

get 1.03/Kirk Cousins

QB: Tannehill, Alex Smith

RB: Freeman, D Henry, Gio, Marshawn, McKinnon, AP

WR: Watkins, Golden Tate, Desean, Maclin, Sanu, Treadwell, Wallace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

It is very close. Your team probably isn't going to compete this year so having a young player at 1.3 is nice. Can you get anything better for Freeman if you put out he was open for trade? I would try take out the 2nd rounder though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

The trade significantly weakens your RB corps.  It is a nice upgrade at QB but you can probably do that for less than you are giving up.  If you have to play a minimum of 2 RB's I would probably pass on this deal.  I think it's too much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I countered with with but dropped 2.02 and he said his offer would still agree to do. I think Mixon could equal Freeman by years end. That's who I'd take at 1.03. I think I could get someone serviceable for less at QB. I have no other first round pick. The previous owner traded it away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
40 minutes ago, spmcdermott said:

I countered with with but dropped 2.02 and he said his offer would still agree to do. I think Mixon could equal Freeman by years end. That's who I'd take at 1.03. I think I could get someone serviceable for less at QB. I have no other first round pick. The previous owner traded it away. 

That is a big gamble thinking Mixon will equal Freeman.  Freeman has shown over the past two years he can be a stud fantasy RB.  Mixon is still in a committee with Hill and Gio and you have no way to know how they will use him.  I don't agree with Mixon being equal to Freeman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I think Mixon will take over for Hill right away, then slowly cut into Gios third downs...upgrading your QB in the process  is just a bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
20 minutes ago, Gally said:

That is a big gamble thinking Mixon will equal Freeman.  Freeman has shown over the past two years he can be a stud fantasy RB.  Mixon is still in a committee with Hill and Gio and you have no way to know how they will use him.  I don't agree with Mixon being equal to Freeman 

Gio is coming off a torn ACL who knows how he will be and Hill will be phased out by seasons end. They wouldn't have taken Mixon if they weren't planning on letting him go. Then going forward it's Mixon's backfield. I watched Mixon in college from living in Big 12 country and he's a stud. He's also 20. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Do you think you could get Mixon in the 1.04/1.05 range? Might be able to get a better piece added than a QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Here's other persons team not exactly stacked and not much else to add into the trade to make it better on my end. Maybe a future first with his team looking terrible will be high next year. 

RB: Bibbs, Burkhead, Gore, Perkins, Matt Jones, Jacquizz

WR: Robby Anderson, Corey Coleman, Jordy, Malcolm Mitchell, Chris Hogan, Marquise Lee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, spmcdermott said:

Gio is coming off a torn ACL who knows how he will be and Hill will be phased out by seasons end. They wouldn't have taken Mixon if they weren't planning on letting him go. Then going forward it's Mixon's backfield. I watched Mixon in college from living in Big 12 country and he's a stud. He's also 20. 

Mixon is the shiny new toy that hasn't done anything at the NFL level.  I understand the hype and I think he will be good.  I would just temper expectations as you don't have any idea how he will be used.  Right now it is all coach speak and until he does something in the NFL he is a question mark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
37 minutes ago, spmcdermott said:

Here's other persons team not exactly stacked and not much else to add into the trade to make it better on my end. Maybe a future first with his team looking terrible will be high next year. 

RB: Bibbs, Burkhead, Gore, Perkins, Matt Jones, Jacquizz

WR: Robby Anderson, Corey Coleman, Jordy, Malcolm Mitchell, Chris Hogan, Marquise Lee

1.3 and the first next year, I would definitely give Freeman for that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.