What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Devonta Freeman trade (1 Viewer)

spmcdermott

Footballguy
My team is below and I have following trade, do I accept? PPR 

give Devonta Freeman/2.02

get 1.03/Kirk Cousins

QB: Tannehill, Alex Smith

RB: Freeman, D Henry, Gio, Marshawn, McKinnon, AP

WR: Watkins, Golden Tate, Desean, Maclin, Sanu, Treadwell, Wallace

It is very close. Your team probably isn't going to compete this year so having a young player at 1.3 is nice. Can you get anything better for Freeman if you put out he was open for trade? I would try take out the 2nd rounder though. 

The trade significantly weakens your RB corps.  It is a nice upgrade at QB but you can probably do that for less than you are giving up.  If you have to play a minimum of 2 RB's I would probably pass on this deal.  I think it's too much. 

I think I'd rather have the 1.03 no doubt about it...there is so much talent right at the top of the draft this year.

I countered with with but dropped 2.02 and he said his offer would still agree to do. I think Mixon could equal Freeman by years end. That's who I'd take at 1.03. I think I could get someone serviceable for less at QB. I have no other first round pick. The previous owner traded it away. 

I countered with with but dropped 2.02 and he said his offer would still agree to do. I think Mixon could equal Freeman by years end. That's who I'd take at 1.03. I think I could get someone serviceable for less at QB. I have no other first round pick. The previous owner traded it away. 
That is a big gamble thinking Mixon will equal Freeman.  Freeman has shown over the past two years he can be a stud fantasy RB.  Mixon is still in a committee with Hill and Gio and you have no way to know how they will use him.  I don't agree with Mixon being equal to Freeman 

I think Mixon will take over for Hill right away, then slowly cut into Gios third downs...upgrading your QB in the process  is just a bonus.

That is a big gamble thinking Mixon will equal Freeman.  Freeman has shown over the past two years he can be a stud fantasy RB.  Mixon is still in a committee with Hill and Gio and you have no way to know how they will use him.  I don't agree with Mixon being equal to Freeman 
Gio is coming off a torn ACL who knows how he will be and Hill will be phased out by seasons end. They wouldn't have taken Mixon if they weren't planning on letting him go. Then going forward it's Mixon's backfield. I watched Mixon in college from living in Big 12 country and he's a stud. He's also 20. 

Do you think you could get Mixon in the 1.04/1.05 range? Might be able to get a better piece added than a QB.

Here's other persons team not exactly stacked and not much else to add into the trade to make it better on my end. Maybe a future first with his team looking terrible will be high next year. 

RB: Bibbs, Burkhead, Gore, Perkins, Matt Jones, Jacquizz

WR: Robby Anderson, Corey Coleman, Jordy, Malcolm Mitchell, Chris Hogan, Marquise Lee

Gio is coming off a torn ACL who knows how he will be and Hill will be phased out by seasons end. They wouldn't have taken Mixon if they weren't planning on letting him go. Then going forward it's Mixon's backfield. I watched Mixon in college from living in Big 12 country and he's a stud. He's also 20. 
Mixon is the shiny new toy that hasn't done anything at the NFL level.  I understand the hype and I think he will be good.  I would just temper expectations as you don't have any idea how he will be used.  Right now it is all coach speak and until he does something in the NFL he is a question mark. 

Here's other persons team not exactly stacked and not much else to add into the trade to make it better on my end. Maybe a future first with his team looking terrible will be high next year. 

RB: Bibbs, Burkhead, Gore, Perkins, Matt Jones, Jacquizz

WR: Robby Anderson, Corey Coleman, Jordy, Malcolm Mitchell, Chris Hogan, Marquise Lee
1.3 and the first next year, I would definitely give Freeman for that. 

Users who are viewing this thread