What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Demarco Murray and 1.10 for Howard. (1 Viewer)

aowpie

Footballguy
Start 1qb 1rb 1wr 2flex 1te. 1pt ppr 20 man roster.  For the sake of typing on my iPad I'll only list relevevsnt players.

got offered Howard for demarco and 1.10. This is his second offer so I could maybe get a bit more. Seems he really likes Murray.

qb - rodgers

rb - demarco, Doug Martin, Paul Perkins, charcanderick.

wr - aj green, deandre Hopkins, donte moncreif, decker, Jordan Matthews, devante Parker.

te - Greg Olson.

definetly trying to win now, but if anything happens to old man Murray I got no depth. Other players he has I can maybe add one of my WRs to get. Cj Anderson, Hyde, spencer ware, Gronk, Keenan Allen, dion Lewis. What do you guys think?

I think its a fair offer, though I'm very high on Howard, and somewhat concerned about Henry. If you can add a WR(that isn't Hopkins or Green) and get Hyde, its even better.

I think in the long term that Howard is an improvement over Murray but not so sure about this year.    It's a fair offer but not one you need to jump on right away.  Obviously this guy wants Murray so trying to work more out of him is worth a shot.  If it turns him off you really haven't lost out as it's fairly even for this year. 

I would counter offer to get Howard for Murray straight up.  I'd also be careful on Hyde, the FBG writers say he's on the outs with Shanahan and is getting pressure from a rookie (with a likely loss of starter job by mid-season 2017).

Clarification: If this was in a vacuum, I think adding the 1.10 makes sense but the reason I think you can remove it from the trade is how desperate this guy is for Murray.  Use that leverage and keep your pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ended up accepting it, but I got him to swap next years 2nd round picks with me (he finished with the worst record this year and I had the 2nd best) New development though is he wants to trade Gronk+hyde for my hopkins+ebron.  Might have to make a new question thread for that, its very tempting.  Id pretty much how to move greg olson if I did that, maybe try and get a late first round pick? 

Users who are viewing this thread