What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any good suggestions for a baby gift? (1 Viewer)

eoMMan

Footballguy
Couple lives in California and the gift will be mailed.

The child is a boy and about 1 month old.

This is their first child.

Diapers.......it's not sexy but they will be the most appreciative of that gift.
I would say this. We our having our first in about a month, and especially with the kid a month old, send them diapers or a gift card for diapers (I think we got something like that through amazon). Very much something you can use and allows a breather from the budget. You can throw in a bottle like suggested too, but this will be appreciated by both

Gift card--don't send diapers because, just from my experience with my girls, parents tend to find a brand that works for their child and they stick with it. Gift card to Walmart will go a long way.

My wife is scheduled to be induced on Sunday with our 2nd.

Of the gifts people have gotten us, by far, gift cards are the best.  Agree 100% with Courtjester that people can be picky about diaper brands, so for me, that's not wise.

As far as gift card specifics, we have a place called Dream Dinners that sells pre-packaged, ready-to-cook meals, kind of like Blue Apron.  Gift cards from there make me super happy.  It's the best type of dinner because you don't need to go out to get it, but you've basically got a restaurant quality meal ready to cook.

Diapers.......it's not sexy but they will be the most appreciative of that gift.
Ding ding. We have a winner. No kids in diapers but I recall buying oodles of boxes and in a few days thinking "Where the f*** are all the diapers? We can't be out already?!"

Can never have enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd probably go with gift cards to a place like Buy Buy Baby or Babies R Us.  At one month old, they are probably just buying stuff that they did not get as gifts already.  Unless you have that info, I would just do a gift card. Are they registered at some place?  You could check what is open on their registry.  Also, it is easy for them to return stuff from their registry if they end up not needing/wanting it.

I don't remember who got us diapers, but I do remember the friends that had personalized blanket made with kid's name & birth date, time.   Other friends got us one of these books and my kid still likes it at age 11. 

Find out if they're registered at Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby, etc...buy something off of it in your price range. If not, gift card to either. Simple. 

If they do have a registry, definitely do not buy anything from one of those stores that isn't on their registry. You just bought them a trip to the store to return your gift at a time where they aren't exactly looking to go on random shopping trips.

I don't remember who got us diapers, but I do remember the friends that had personalized blanket made with kid's name & birth date, time.   Other friends got us one of these books and my kid still likes it at age 11. 
I have an almost 4 month old. This is a great, thoughtful gift. Problem is, we literally got 7 of them and 5 are stacked in her closet. I'm thankful for each and obviously would never tell those people that they gave one of seven but just a note of caution. 

Don't over think this. Get a gift card to baby store and send it. 

There are too many factors: 

1) You don't know what they already received as gifts. 

2) You don't know if they are picky on particular things like clothing and diapers.  

3) You don't know if the baby will take to a toy or a book.  Let the parents make the decision with a gift card. 

I'm pretty sure they have enough going on and coming in, they are not going to remember who got them what as they are sleep deprived and looking for sleep. 

Don't over think this. Get a gift card to baby store and send it. 

There are too many factors: 

1) You don't know what they already received as gifts. 

2) You don't know if they are picky on particular things like clothing and diapers.  

3) You don't know if the baby will take to a toy or a book.  Let the parents make the decision with a gift card. 

I'm pretty sure they have enough going on and coming in, they are not going to remember who got them what as they are sleep deprived and looking for sleep. 
This is best post.

Listen my "baby" is graduating from high school next weekend and my other daughter is turning 13, but I still remember their births like it was yesterday. We got a lot of stuff we didn't use. People buy newborn stuff and our kids were close to 8 pounds, so most of the 0-3 month stuff was already too small and unusable. We got Pampers--well they fit too tight and caused rashes so we ended up donating them to other people. My kids didn't like certain bottles and nipples so donated. My kids hated mittens so again a wasted gift.

You can't go wrong with a gift card. Parents need bottle liners, wipes, diapers, diaper genie refills (loved our diaper genie!!) and a gift card goes a long way to get these, It is boring, but parents love them,,,,,

Nothing that makes noise, unless you want the parents to murder you

That said... Rock-A-Bye CDs are awesome if you know their taste in music.

Otherwise, gift certificate for uber eats or something similar. 

You know what my 4 1/2 month old grandson (our first!) loves?   A simple crinkle sheet.  It's the size of a napkin, but it ...crinkles.  

This one has the crinkle sheet and other attractions as well.  It'll be better for the new baby at around 3-4 months and beyond, but this toy is simple and great.  Trust me ...this thing's money.

Crinkle toy

Nothing that makes noise, unless you want the parents to murder you

That said... Rock-A-Bye CDs are awesome if you know their taste in music.

Otherwise, gift certificate for uber eats or something similar. 
Curious George soundtrack by Jack Johnson for the win. 

Users who are viewing this thread