What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

School under fire for erasing Trump slogans from yearbook (1 Viewer)

Sue seems a bit excessive, but there needs to be some sort repercussions. I say fire people that are abusing the little bit of power that they seem to think comes with their position 

Sue seems a bit excessive, but there needs to be some sort repercussions. I say fire people that are abusing the little bit of power that they seem to think comes with their position 
The statements seem to indicate the board wasnt aware and frankly they probably wouldn't be aware.  If they were then you're right.   But the yearbook staff needs a reprimand or something.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The statements seem to indicate the board wasnt aware and frankly they probably wouldn't be aware.  If they were then you're right.   But the yearbook staff needs a reprimand or something.  
Captains go down with the ship quite commonly.

School Board seems a bit much, but Principal may not be. They are the one in charge of everything at the school. Also the teacher(s) in charge of the yearbook committee.

Schools police content in their yearbooks. My yearbook page was altered so badly all that was left was an erroneous Fugazi quote and one from Mike Muir. I had pictures, everything. They just flat censored it. My big embarrassment is now "I burn a fire to stay warm..." from the song Shut The Door, which isn't the correct lyric at all.

They just changed the lyric because they thought what I wrote was wrong. It was stupid, and irritates me to this day. You've never heard of oxymorons or juxtaposition of emotions? It's "I burn a fire to stay cool I burn myself I am the fuel..."

Jesus F'in Christ I hated high school for reasons like this. When you're more in on what's going on than the administrators, it's frustrating.  

WTF?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/11/us/trump-high-school-yearbook/index.html

Another example of leftist control in academia?   The parents should sue the crap out of the school.
Calm down.

1. This is probably the fault of whatever teacher (most likely singular) is in charge of the yearbooks.  Hell, it could just be a kid or two who did it on their own.  Could an admin be involved? Sure, but I'd guess not.

2. "Leftist control of academia" :lmao:  It's one HS in NJ.

3. Whoever did it is a moron.  I hate Trump for sure but this is censorship in its stupidest form.

ETA: Lawsuit? What for?

Calm down.

1. This is probably the fault of whatever teacher (most likely singular) is in charge of the yearbooks.  Hell, it could just be a kid or two who did it on their own.  Could an admin be involved? Sure, but I'd guess not.

2. "Leftist control of academia" :lmao:  It's one HS in NJ.

3. Whoever did it is a moron.  I hate Trump for sure but this is censorship in its stupidest form.
High school yearbooks are serious business. 

Schools police content in their yearbooks. My yearbook page was altered so badly all that was left was an erroneous Fugazi quote and one from Mike Muir. I had pictures, everything. They just flat censored it. My big embarrassment is now "I burn a fire to stay warm..." from the song Shut The Door, which isn't the correct lyric at all.

They just changed the lyric because they thought what I wrote was wrong. It was stupid, and irritates me to this day. You've never heard of oxymorons or juxtaposition of emotions? It's "I burn a fire to stay cool I burn myself I am the fuel..."

Jesus F'in Christ I hated high school for reasons like this. When you're more in on what's going on than the administrators, it's frustrating.  
News alert: High school administration is irrational.

Censorship is dumb. On the bright side, a kid that smart is probably going to get another shot at repeating a grade or two so he can try again next year.

It's possible a student or 2 edited the pictures as well. The guy that runs our yearbook has the kids do 90% of the work. He just has to sign off on every page to make sure nothing offensive is there. If a kid edited out a logo on a shirt, the teacher would never know.

my buddy Yutz wore a "Belsen Was A Gas" tee for one of the yearbook pics - and zero flyin' fiddler's #### were given  :shrug:

"We only apologize in the sense that we want to be more consistent.”

The line needs to be used more often. 

Great idea actually.

Let's start with Trump.

When I was in High School if you showed up in a t-shirt for yearbook pictures you had to wait for make up day and you better not have a t-shirt then or you were a blank space.

Users who are viewing this thread