What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should I trade Mike Evans or ODB?!?! DYNASTY (1 Viewer)

xpiredcoupon

Footballguy
Am I crazy to think about this offer?

I got lucky and drafted ODB/Evans in the same rookie draft that year. Since then, it hasn't been too pretty.

12 Teams, PPR

Starting Lineup is Q WWW RR T FLEX

I SEND:  Evans OR ODB (NOT BOTH)

I RECEIVE: 

1. my choice of Demaryius Thomas or Devante Adams

2. my choice of Randall Cobb, Martavis Bryant, Michael Crabtree, or Josh Doctson

3. 1.07

4. 1.11 OR 2018 1st

If I accept, I would then have 1.06, 1.07, and 1.09 in this years rookie draft. 

Roster:

QB: Ryan, Cousins, Dak (trying to move one of them)

WR: Evans, ODB, Diggs, Floyd (will be cutting soon), DGB (also cutting soon)

RB: L. Miller, Lacy, Blount, Dixon, Hightower, Ellington (probably cutting), Ivory 

TE: Reed, Feidorwicz

What say you guys? Do I stand pat and hope to rebound with 1.06, 1.09 and free agency? or make the move? who would you choose out of those options? (I'm leaning toward Adams, Crabtree IMO)

Please leave your link, I will help back.

I think you can use several good players to build up your team so I can understand the logic behind breaking Beckham or Evans into several good players/picks.  However, in this case I don't like the deal for you.  I don't like the players in #2 and I think there is a big drop in value from 1.06 to 1.07 in this year's draft so I don't like 1.07 either.  If I were to choose between a late 1st for this year and a 2018 1st I would take the 2018 1st.  I don't like the 2nd half of the 1st round this year and think you can find similarly valued players in the 2nd round.

I think moving one of those guys to improve overall is a good way to go but I don't really like this deal.  You need to have the opportunity to get an impact guy and the picks you are being offered probably won't do that.  In addition, most of the players are ok but not the kind of upside (except for Bryant) I would look to be getting. 

I would float out that you are willing to move one of those two to the league and see if you catch any better offers.

For a contending team that thin at WR, I could see Thomas, Bryant and two 1sts as adequate compensation for Evans, though I'd be sure to shop around.

In this case, though, you also seem weak enough at RB that this doesn't really have the feel of a playoff team. 

It's hard to go wrong with OBJ/Evans as the foundation for a build, so if I were in your spot I'd be looking to shop Miller, Lacy and Blount while the value is high, and stock up on draft picks.  I wouldn't be trading your best long-term pieces when your playoff window is likely 2-3 years out.

I don't see the point, I think you have a fine team right now, and trading one of your two best players for better depth is a net loss. 

If you look at the big picture of what youre getting back, it really doesnt help you that much

i would either want, better players to pick from with the picks offered, or better picks offered with the current players to pick from.

If you could get back say a top 5 this year, a 1st next year, and two of those guys, it would be a wash IMO, but it would be better

You are weakest at RB imo, you arent getting one of the 4 RBs at the 6 or 9, let alone any of the picks in that deal. might get lucky and hit on someone like perine or hunt or something but I think you are better off trying to move your picks and maybe pick(s) next year to move up this year and get one of the RBs.

Only way I move evans or OBJ this year, without an elite player coming back is for two top 4 picks this year and a likely early 1 next year, and even then its still close

UPDATE!!!

So, I did in fact turn down the trade yesterday. 

He came at me with this one today. 

Allen Robinson

Devante Adams

for ODB or Evans

P.S. You guys are all awesome. I appreciate all of your responses

What does his entire roster look like and what other picks does he have?  IMO, this latest offer is better...  

What does his entire roster look like and what other picks does he have?  IMO, this latest offer is better...  
QB: ARod

WR: Arob, DThomas, Adams, JMatthews, Doctson, Cobb, Mitchell, Marty Bryant

RB: Zeke, Hyde, McCoy, Lat Murray, Dwayne Washingston

TE: Ebron, Fleener

ARob, Adams and 1.7 for OBJ or Evans.......pass.    I am in the camp that...1) Allen Robinson isn't as good as we was in 2015 (ie....not an elite player)....2) Not a fan of Adams.  Adams had a career year last year that will likely not be repeated. (Cobb is healthy now and GB added Martellus Bennett).  It's kind of a half dollar, 2 quarters for a dollar deal.....and I don't like those deals, since the player that you would be giving up is BY FAR the best player in the deal.

If the other owner wants OBJ or Evans.....I better be getting Zeke or Rodgers in the deal. (and the other owner would have to sweeten it if Rodgers is included).

I agree that this offer is better but still not close.  I would almost need a combo of the two deals.  I agree ARob isn't the elite guy everyone thought he was but I think he is still a nice WR2.  Any way you slice it you aren't getting an elite guy back in the deal so it seems like a deal just to make a splash without any real substance.

Beckham has been consistently the #1 overall pick in dynasty leagues from my observations.  Elliott is worth a lot, but isn't worth Beckham.  He only has 1 QB and you are trying to trade a QB.  You need RB help so how about countering with something like this:

You give - Beckham, Lacy and Cousins

You get - Elliott and Robinson

Beckham has been consistently the #1 overall pick in dynasty leagues from my observations.  Elliott is worth a lot, but isn't worth Beckham.  He only has 1 QB and you are trying to trade a QB.  You need RB help so how about countering with something like this:

I don't expect the other owner will bite, but IMO that's probably what it's going to take for me to give up OBJ in a dynasty league.    It costs a ton to acquire a top 2 dynasty player.....and as RC94 said, OBJ is the #1 pick overall in many dynasty startups.

If you're set on trading one of your stud WRs, then this is about the only trade I would accept. Or swap out DThomas for Robinson if he wants, but then I'd probably take Cousins out of the equation.  But I'm not giving up OBJ or Evans without getting Zeke from him if I'm you...

On a side note, I'd try to package Cousins (if you don't trade him in the above deal) or Dak with someone like Blount/Dixon, and do a 2 for one trade to get another WR because you're awfully thin there.  Even as you sit now with two studs, you have two studs + Diggs.  In a league where you have to start 3 you're not deep enough

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not trade the 2 most valuable players in dynasty for almost anything. You didn't do your rookie draft yet?

Users who are viewing this thread