What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who to keep? Watkins or Crowder? (1 Viewer)

adamtk421

Footballguy
Hi all, looking for a consensus if i can get one?

Keeper picks for this year are coming up. The commissioner has changed the league this year to PPR (1 full point per reception), and introduced a flex. So the roster is 

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 K, 1 DST, 4 BENCH 

I read this as a 4 WR league in essence, and am planning accordingly. 3 players can be kept. Antonio Brown and McCoy are no-brainers, but i can't decide between Watkins and Crowder....

Watkins offers high upside/weekly winner potential if healthy but it's always an if, plus he's inconsistent in terms of yards/receptions when he does play. Contract year though so he'll be motivated?

Crowder has potential to be very steady in terms of targets this year, which in a full point per reception scoring system could be advantageous. However, does he really have touchdown upside/100 yard game potential? His floor is higher but ceiling is lower. A steady weekly contributor then but not a weekly winner. 

On balance who do you think I should keep? I'm leaning towards Crowder due to not having the weekly headache of wondering on his fitness but then am I just down on Watkins because he was on my team last year and i'm being coloured by that memory? 

Would welcome thoughts!

Thanks in advance

Keep Watkins.  Crowder is going late enough in drafts that if you want him, you should be able to draft him back.

With a keep 3 only type league I want to keep any possible difference makers.  Watkins still has that potential where Crowder is a nice high floor option.  Since you don't specify any penalty for keeping players (salary cap or round lost) there is nothing to kick up the value in Crowder over Watkins.  I keep Watkins.

The other options is to shop Watkins or Crowder for a trade and see if you can pick up an extra pick and then keep the other one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone, I'm clearly getting hungover from last season and Watkins' injuries. Good to inject some objectivity. Thanks again all! 

Users who are viewing this thread