What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DRAFT ORDER> Setting by Keeper Strength (1 Viewer)

[icon]

Insoxicated
I could have sworn I made a thread about this years ago but couldn't find it via search function. About 7-8 years ago a 1 keeper league I commished was struggling with setting draft order. Reverse order of finish sucked for teams who do well. Random just sucks.

So we came up with the idea:
Draft order being set based on the inverse of keeper strength
We just use Yahoo (our league host) ranking at the time keepers are due. You could obviously use any readily available rankings you wanted. 

It added a layer of strategy to the keeper process (nice tie-breaker between two potential keepers if you're on the fence). It actually resulted in some people keeping sub-optimal players for a premium draft slot if they felt the guy they cold get there was worth it. As a bonus, it led to a lot of chatter, smack, misdirection leading up to keeper deadline... then folks love the reveal. 

Since then it's expanded to 2 of my other leagues... and some of the guys have taken it to some of their other leagues with much approval/success. 

Anyway... just wanted to share as a fun wrinkle for some who may want to consider it, or for discussion with those who already do something similar. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an awesome idea 
Thanks GB. It's made a huge difference and is one of everyone's favorite parts of the draft leadup. Also helps limit some of the "I can't believe Bob gets David Johnson in the 14th Round!" complaints... because Bob's ### is drafting last. 

Users who are viewing this thread