What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Hillary Clinton thread. 'Done' but not going away. (1 Viewer)

Cummings said Kushner’s lawyer, Abbe Lowell, had told lawmakers that Kushner used WhatsApp for official duties and that his wife, Ivanka, continued to use a personal email account for her White House business.
It's just funny because Lowell worked for the Clintons as well.

Why do you care about Trump using one?  You didn't care about Hillary using one.  
See, this is stinkin thinkin.......most dem supporters around here, and elsewhere, did care and were willing to see where it went in the courts. Your prior sentence was simple whataboutism that had no basis in fact.

How about we address the willingness to be hypocritical here? Conservative folks like you were outraged with Hillary Clintons use of a private server over 4 years ago, are happy she is still being pursued through the courts, yet have basically no issues with the DJT clan, multiple people - not just one singular human, currently doing government business on a private server? That doesn't seem at all consistent now, does it? The only excuse folks have for not being outraged now is because they feel she got away with it somehow so its a-okay for DJT and his clan to do it?

Give me a freakin break.

See, this is stinkin thinkin.......most dem supporters around here, and elsewhere, did care and were willing to see where it went in the courts. Your prior sentence was simple whataboutism that had no basis in fact.

How about we address the willingness to be hypocritical here? Conservative folks like you were outraged with Hillary Clintons use of a private server over 4 years ago, are happy she is still being pursued through the courts, yet have basically no issues with the DJT clan, multiple people - not just one singular human, currently doing government business on a private server? That doesn't seem at all consistent now, does it? The only excuse folks have for not being outraged now is because they feel she got away with it somehow so its a-okay for DJT and his clan to do it?

Give me a freakin break.
Lol most of this is a falsehood 

If I’m Biden I put her in the cabinet somewhere. She was one of the best Secretary’s of State we’ve ever had. She’s simply too talented to waste. 
What? 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton's_tenure_as_Secretary_of_State

Can you please explain what Hillary did to make her even an average SoS? What did she achieve period during her term?

I’m capable of going down a list of recent SoS and appreciating what they did — I can’t think of anything related to H. 

Are you out of your mind?
Let’s hope not. 
I was especially impressed at how she engineered the Iran deal and began the process towards TPP, the Paris Accords, globalization...

Of course these are all lost now, all destroyed within a few months of the current President. But they were all things that put us on the right path. 

So why do we still care about Hillary again?
It is kind of weird.  I think Republicans strategist desperately want her to be the face of the DNC, Republican supporters (generally speaking) just like to make fun of her and rub it in.  She's a lightning rod generally speaking - which is why I thought she was a bad candidate last time.  I will say she's her own worst enemy at times as far as remaining in the spotlight - interviews like the one with Maddow being a good example. 

The ironic thing to me is if you strip away the baggage from her husband and the likability factor she's actual a fairly centrist Democrat.  Demonizing her are radical helped to push folks even farther left - in the same way that demonizing W as radical right pushed people further right.

A judge ordered Hillary Clinton to testify at a deposition for a lawsuit related to her use of a private email server for involving official business while working as secretary of State under President Barack Obama.
Reversed by DC Circuit, including Judges Wilkins, Griffith and Pillard.

On Tuesday, Judicial Watch attorney Ramona Cotca told the court that the group had remaining questions over the handling of the emails. “The issue is identifying all sources where Clinton emails reside, and for the State Department to do an adequate search,” she said.

“The State Department now has every incentive to get to the bottom of this if you have any questions, if that’s the case,” Pillard replied. “This is no longer Secretary Clinton’s State Department, this is the Trump State Department.”

“It doesn’t matter who the administration is, but the issue is,” Cotca began before Pillard cut her off. “It does in the sense of whether you think—from what I gather you’re saying is that there’s some kind of cover-up,” the judge said. “And so I’m just trying to understand why you think this is relevant under FOIA, the claim you brought.”

Last edited by a moderator:
A judge ordered Hillary Clinton to testify at a deposition for a lawsuit related to her use of a private email server for involving official business while working as secretary of State under President Barack Obama.
Reversed by DC Circuit, including Judges Wilkins, Griffith and Pillard.

On Tuesday, Judicial Watch attorney Ramona Cotca told the court that the group had remaining questions over the handling of the emails. “The issue is identifying all sources where Clinton emails reside, and for the State Department to do an adequate search,” she said.

“The State Department now has every incentive to get to the bottom of this if you have any questions, if that’s the case,” Pillard replied. “This is no longer Secretary Clinton’s State Department, this is the Trump State Department.”

“It doesn’t matter who the administration is, but the issue is,” Cotca began before Pillard cut her off. “It does in the sense of whether you think—from what I gather you’re saying is that there’s some kind of cover-up,” the judge said. “And so I’m just trying to understand why you think this is relevant under FOIA, the claim you brought.”
ouch :lmao:

Only this admin and it's supporters could go this route.  I'm worried about what happens to them when she's dead.  What are they going to use to fill the void?  Is that why some are beginning to obsess themselves with AOC?

ouch :lmao:

Only this admin and it's supporters could go this route.  I'm worried about what happens to them when she's dead.  What are they going to use to fill the void?  Is that why some are beginning to obsess themselves with AOC?
Weekend at Hillary's.

Logline: "What happens when America's favorite madcap conspiracists show up at the Clintons' Hamptons summer home only to find their favorite cash cow has turned stiff? Hilarity ensues as beach and moviegoers alike are treated to a feisty romp that all the family will enjoy!"

Hillary Clinton has four major accomplishments from her tenure as Secretary of State: winning the UN resolution supporting military intervention in Libya, the START arms control treaty with Russia, renewing diplomatic ties with Myanmar and setting in the motion talks that culminated in the Iran nuclear deal.

From Mehdi Hassan of MSNBC:

Whatever else you think about Hillary Clinton, she was undeniably right about this.

https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1466110211664580615

Six years ago this month, Hillary Clinton tweeted that "A Republican president could nominate as many as 4 Supreme Court justices" & linked a warning that it could lead to the end of Roe v. Wade.

Her replies were filled with left-wingers accusing her of "fear mongering."

From Mehdi Hassan of MSNBC:

Whatever else you think about Hillary Clinton, she was undeniably right about this.

https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1466110211664580615

Six years ago this month, Hillary Clinton tweeted that "A Republican president could nominate as many as 4 Supreme Court justices" & linked a warning that it could lead to the end of Roe v. Wade.

Her replies were filled with left-wingers accusing her of "fear mongering."
Maybe she should have done a better job in that campaign.  She bears as much blame as anyone for this.

Maybe she should have done a better job in that campaign.  She bears as much blame as anyone for this.

If not for James Comey she would have won - both the Trump and the Clinton campaigns said that his decision not to follow protocol or tradition and announce they were investigating her emails again right before the election was the deciding factor in her loss. 

If not for James Comey she would have won - both the Trump and the Clinton campaigns said that his decision not to follow protocol or tradition and announce they were investigating her emails again right before the election was the deciding factor in her loss. 
Even if that's true, and I think it's highly debatable, it should never have been that close to begin with.  This is like blaming the basketball ref for making one bad call while ignoring the fact that you were 0 for 32 on three-point attempts.

Good job Jill Stein voters

Exactly. From the Twitters;

https://twitter.com/VABVOX/status/1521443151403171840

Jill Stein is trending--reminder that a vote for her in 2016 was a Trump proxy vote that led us here. In PA, WI & MI Hillary lost by a mere 77k votes. 3rd party votes were 800k. Obama told you a protest vote was dangerous. Hillary said SCOTUS was at stake. You should've listened.

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/1521305630958661633

Just checking in with all those folks who thought it wasn’t that important to vote for Hillary Clinton. How are you doing tonight?

Jill Stein is trending--reminder that a vote for her in 2016 was a Trump proxy vote that led us here. In PA, WI & MI Hillary lost by a mere 77k votes. 3rd party votes were 800k. Obama told you a protest vote was dangerous. Hillary said SCOTUS was at stake. You should've listened.

Just checking in with all those folks who thought it wasn’t that important to vote for Hillary Clinton. How are you doing tonight?
How many of those 800K votes were never-Trump conservatives?  HRC didn't lose "because third-party voters".  HRC lost because she was a truly terrible candidate.

Maybe HRC shouldn't have ignored the Michigan campaign offices who begged her to come and campaign?  Maybe she should have been a better candidate?  If she wants to throw shade, maybe just once she should accept some responsibility for screwing this up.

Said it before. They are getting what they deserve. There was a SC seat for the taking and the Democrats pissed it away.

How many of those 800K votes were never-Trump conservatives?  HRC didn't lose "because third-party voters".  HRC lost because she was a truly terrible candidate.

Maybe HRC shouldn't have ignored the Michigan campaign offices who begged her to come and campaign?  Maybe she should have been a better candidate?  If she wants to throw shade, maybe just once she should accept some responsibility for screwing this up.
How is Hillary “throwing shade”? 

Rich Conway said:
For 5+ years now, she has blamed everyone else but herself.  If you want to stick to this particular day, let's go with "Hillary and/or her supporters".
Hillary admitted making mistakes in 2016.  Have you admitted yours? 

Hillary admitted making mistakes in 2016.  Have you admitted yours? 
Me?  I can assure you, my vote doesn't matter in a POTUS election.  Pretty sure I wrote in a name, maybe even Bernie Sanders, but I don't remember now.

That said, I argued here in 2016 that Bernie was a better candidate than Hillary.  I thought Hillary would beat Trump, right up until she didn't.  I mean, who didn't, it was Donald Trump, for god's sake?  I still think Bernie would have won.

Do you truly believe Hillary hasn't blamed countless others for her defeat?  Sure seems to me like she goes on and on about everyone else's fault.

Why would you blame independent/nonvoters like we owed her something.  She’s the one that promoted Donald Trump and wanted him to win the primary.  I know I’m talking to a wall but Trump was probably her fault more than any other person.  

To you or any other Hillary deadenders, why did Clinton campaign secretly promote him?  

https://www.salon.com/2016/11/09/the-hillary-clinton-campaign-intentionally-created-donald-trump-with-its-pied-piper-strategy/

https://www.salon.com/2016/11/09/the-hillary-clinton-campaign-intentionally-created-donald-trump-with-its-pied-piper-strategy/

If the Democrats wanted Jill Stein voters they should have nominated her over a corrupt war criminal no one liked.  She lost to Trump because of her own hubris and running an atrocious campaign.  End of story 

Why would you blame independent/nonvoters like we owed her something.  She’s the one that promoted Donald Trump and wanted him to win the primary.  I know I’m talking to a wall but Trump was probably her fault more than any other person.  

To you or any other Hillary deadenders, why did Clinton campaign secretly promote him?  

If the Democrats wanted Jill Stein voters they should have nominated her over a corrupt war criminal no one liked.  She lost to Trump because of her own hubris and running an atrocious campaign.  End of story 

Bottom line, people like you in 3 key states cost her the election and gave us Trump.

In the Hillary 2016 thread in the FFA that Dodds deleted, Tim, myself and several others said on an almost daily basis that a vote for Stein was a de facto vote for Trump. If you were in California or Alabama obviously it wouldn't made but in states where polling was close to could make the difference between winning and losing, and it did. 

And Hillary is a "corrupt war criminal no one liked"   :lol:  (Fun Fact, she got 2.87 million more votes than Trump)

Bottom line, people like you in 3 key states cost her the election and gave us Trump.

In the Hillary 2016 thread in the FFA that Dodds deleted, Tim, myself and several others said on an almost daily basis that a vote for Stein was a de facto vote for Trump. If you were in California or Alabama obviously it wouldn't made but in states where polling was close to could make the difference between winning and losing, and it did. 

And Hillary is a "corrupt war criminal no one liked"   :lol:  (Fun Fact, she got 2.87 million more votes than Trump)
 Another "Fun Fact"

Trump did not campaign or waste any time in California knowing it was fruitless.  Hillary got 4.3 million more votes in Cally alone than Trump. When 1 more vote wins the state.   So I guess Trump won the rest of the USA by about 1.6 million or so. In retrospect that was the correct. strategy. 

I voted for Clinton myself, but she ran a horrible campaign, she never needed to go to Cally once.  Should have spent all of her time and energy on the states that actually decided the election.

Going to Cally is like winning a football game 70-0, when 7-0 is the same in the standings.

Another "Fun Fact"

Trump did not campaign or waste any time in California knowing it was fruitless.  Hillary got 4.3 million more votes in Cally alone than Trump. When 1 more vote wins the state.   So I guess Trump won the rest of the USA by about 1.6 million or so. In retrospect that was the correct. strategy. 

I voted for Clinton myself, but she ran a horrible campaign, she never needed to go to Cally once.  Should have spent all of her time and energy on the states that actually decided the election.

Going to Cally is like winning a football game 70-0, when 7-0 is the same in the standings.

I always love the argument "Yes, Hillary won the popular vote, but California doesn't really count" :lol:

Another "Fun Fact"

National candidates will go to states they expect to win by a landslide often to campaign with local/state/Congressional candidates in tougher districts or races. Trump still campaigned in Texas despite there not being any real chance of him losing the state, for example (despite how much the media and Dems talked about a purple Texas, it was never in doubt.) 

This is a general comment, not a comment on Hillary’s campaign which was indeed terrible. 

Users who are viewing this thread