What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clay Travis believes in 2 things (1 Viewer)

Ive got no problem with anyone that wants to make a joke about boobs.  People are so effing uptight these days and it's only getting worse.   

The article described his comment as "sexist".

Does that mean that they expected equal time for male nudity? "I believe in 3 things -- the First Amendment, boobs, and penises!"

No clue how saying the word boobs is sexist.  He said CNN has already contacted him about coming back on Monday, must not be too bad.

What a douchbag. 

Since when do we applaud being an immature agitating sophomoric idiot?

I guess the C in a conservative doesn't stand for Class.

FWIW, just because you "can" say it, doesn't mean you should. 

Also FWIW, I, too, love both, though more of an ### and legs guy.  That doesn't mean I demean a host - and myself - with such an asinine comment in that setting.

Hard to respect people that have neither any for others, or apparently themselves. 

PS: while I don't know that stopping the interview was merited, if a guest stoops that low and base from the start, it's hard to blame them for nipping it in the bud

Last edited by a moderator:
What a douchbag. 

Also FWIW, I, too, love both, though more of an ### and legs guy.  That doesn't mean I demean a host - and myself - with such an asinine comment in that setting.

Hard to respect people that have neither any for others, or apparently themselves. 

PS: while I don't know that stopping the interview was merited, if a guest stoops that low and base from the start, it's hard to blame them for nipping it in the bud
He didn't demean anybody.  This is just silly.  How was she harmed by that?

What a douchbag. 

:lmao:

He didn't demean anybody.  This is just silly.  How was she harmed by that?
Do you not understand the difference between demeaning language and harming someone?

What about the "party of traditional values" and conducting yourself as a damned gentlemen, especially in a public context?

what a joke of a contingent of our nation in their blindness to the hypocrisy. 

Its not a big deal here at all, but it's such a prime example. Church, family, country.... but let's go on TV and talk like a high school idiot.

Act like you belong there, and have some damned self respect, if none for others.

Good to know you side with crass over class. 

Family values and common decency, indeed. And, of course, the inability to respond with anything more than an emoticon - suddenly the maturity level does seem to be one consistent. 

If this were your son, would you be proud? Maybe you would, obviously you would. 

And you are entitled.

To me, few things are more telling of the underlying moral compass. But hey, to each their own. 

Free speech and boobs after all. 

Koya said:
What a douchbag. 

Clay is not a conservative; so, that does not have anything to do with it.

He did not vote for Trump. He voted for Obama twice. He volunteered for Gore. He interned with a Democratic congressman while in college.

Koya said:
Good to know you side with crass over class. 

Family values and common decency, indeed. And, of course, the inability to respond with anything more than an emoticon - suddenly the maturity level does seem to be one consistent. 

If this were your son, would you be proud? Maybe you would, obviously you would. 

And you are entitled.

To me, few things are more telling of the underlying moral compass. But hey, to each their own. 

Free speech and boobs after all. 
Now you're attacking me because I'm laughing at your latest rant.  By the way, if you're going to rant about someone's behavior maybe you shouldn't have an avatar shooting a double bird.  Just saying.   

Carry on.  I could use a few more laughs tonight.

Clay is not a conservative; so, that does not have anything to do with it.

He did not vote for Trump. He voted for Obama twice. He volunteered for Gore. He interned with a Democratic congressman while in college.
I was going off the reaction of folks on this board - but I appreciate the info. 

Never heard of this guy. All I know is he thinks going off and spouting "boobs" to begin an interview is appropriate.  And some here seem to agree.

I personally hold higher standards than that. Which ain't saying much.

Now you're attacking me because I'm laughing at your latest rant.  By the way, if you're going to rant about someone's behavior maybe you shouldn't have an avatar shooting a double bird.  Just saying.   

Carry on.  I could use a few more laughs tonight.
That avatar, on a fantasy football message board, is of my dearest friend, a gesture of fun, on one of the (last) greatest days we spent together before he passed.  RIP @Tremendous Upside 

And I was merely calling you out on using what we have all agreed is a trolling mechanism, rather than providing any additional though, insight nor constructive criticism.  

That avatar, on a fantasy football message board, is of my dearest friend, a gesture of fun, on one of the (last) greatest days we spent together before he passed.  RIP @Tremendous Upside 

And I was merely calling you out on using what we have all agreed is a trolling mechanism, rather than providing any additional though, insight nor constructive criticism.  

You never call anyone out you agree with for using it.  Just logoff and stop embarrassing yourself.

I was going off the reaction of folks on this board - but I appreciate the info. 

Never heard of this guy. All I know is he thinks going off and spouting "boobs" to begin an interview is appropriate.  And some here seem to agree.

I personally hold higher standards than that. Which ain't saying much.
"Never heard of this guy"

Yet your first reaction is to assume he's a conservative and bash him for it. And even that was incorrect

:lol:    can't make this stuff up

bigmarc27 said:
She way overreacted. 

Also he's a hack.
Is there anything wrong with calling it like this? 

But again, considering this was at the early stages of the interview, perhaps she wanted to nip it in the bud before something got too big, and therefore out of hand. 

In hindsight, hopefully she recognizes that perhaps a more appropriate role as moderator would be to let the guy hang himself with his own childish antics and words, but put out a word of caution of redirect the conversation to substance, not potentially insulting/offensive language that does no one any good in terms of it's clearly sexist undertones. 

Again, context is everything. You are at a party, or the bar, among friends, nothing at all wrong with it.  On national TV? you look like an idiot. 

You never call anyone out you agree with for using it.  Just logoff and stop embarrassing yourself.
Actually, I have, on numerous occasions (especially since the new forum), called folks out who I generally agree with (and some who are considerably to my left) that their responses, smilies and otherwise, are not helping the conversation.

You are literally making stuff up, while purposefully using the same mechanism as if it will get under my (or others?) skin.  Regardless whether or not it does, it's trolling, man.  

"Never heard of this guy"

Yet your first reaction is to assume he's a conservative and bash him for it. And even that was incorrect

:lol:    can't make this stuff up
My reaction was to the context of everyone rushing to support him... AND I admitted fault.

Doesn't change the underlying realities here.  Oh, and I was wrong on the conservative part for him (apparently not for those on this board and others rushing to support a guy that if it were my kid, would get a scolding and worse, don't care his age - act like a damn adult and gentleman)... as I've been wrong before, and willing to admit it.

My reaction was to the context of everyone rushing to support him... AND I admitted fault.

Doesn't change the underlying realities here.  Oh, and I was wrong on the conservative part for him (apparently not for those on this board and others rushing to support a guy that if it were my kid, would get a scolding and worse, don't care his age - act like a damn adult and gentleman)... as I've been wrong before, and willing to admit it.
I'm old enough to remember when one could just laugh at stupid ####. Now everyone has to be offended by EVERYTHING smh

Sure , the guy should not have said that. 

The female should not have overreacted like she did either.

The ####ification of America continues imo

Actually, I have, on numerous occasions (especially since the new forum), called folks out who I generally agree with (and some who are considerably to my left) that their responses, smilies and otherwise, are not helping the conversation.

You are literally making stuff up, while purposefully using the same mechanism as if it will get under my (or others?) skin.  Regardless whether or not it does, it's trolling, man.  
No, it's laughing at your self-righteous rant.  Which honestly all started because you thought Travis was some hard core right winger.  You should gracefully walk away but I'm guessing that's not going to happen here.   :popcorn:

@KoyaThe guy made a juvenile statement in TV, big whoop. He makes himself look like an idiot and we all laugh at him. No need to give yourself a stroke over a silly 10 second clip.

Koya said:
Do you not understand the difference between demeaning language and harming someone?

What about the "party of traditional values" and conducting yourself as a damned gentlemen, especially in a public context?

what a joke of a contingent of our nation in their blindness to the hypocrisy. 

Its not a big deal here at all, but it's such a prime example. Church, family, country.... but let's go on TV and talk like a high school idiot.

Act like you belong there, and have some damned self respect, if none for others.
You're making a lot of assumptions. 

Has Koya always been this melodramatic?  He has been around awhile but only lately seems to have fallen off his rocker.  At least I had never noticed before.

Koya said:
What a douchbag. 

Are you familiar with Clay Travis' work?  I assume he was mocking CNN for inviting him on in the first place, but I don't know for sure.  Can't blame the chick host since she probably doesn't do booking, but this is just another example of CNN being sloppy.

Koya said:
What a douchbag. 

That was a sexist d-bag moment. 

You can be right, and an #######. 

just ask Walter or Bunny.  

Are you familiar with Clay Travis' work?  I assume he was mocking CNN for inviting him on in the first place, but I don't know for sure.  Can't blame the chick host since she probably doesn't do booking, but this is just another example of CNN being sloppy.
Like her boobs, right?

Actually no.  Never heard of him

He's a professional troll. Its not all that surprising. Frankly, I don't know why CNN was so surprised.

He's a professional troll. Its not all that surprising. Frankly, I don't know why CNN was so surprised.
This too.  I have no idea who this guy is, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that his response isn't too out of character.   The host had every right to cut him off, but the fact that she was so offended by what he said which has be shaking me head.   Reminds me of the interview with the Hugh Mungus guy where the interviewer starts screaming that she was sexually assaulted.   

NutterButter said:
Ive got no problem with anyone that wants to make a joke about boobs.  People are so effing uptight these days and it's only getting worse.   
He's a dork. It's certainly his right to say whatever he wants, even a dumb joke that he clung way too tightly too. 

That said, I think most people already think he is a clown.

He's a dork. It's certainly his right to say whatever he wants, even a dumb joke that he clung way too tightly too. 

That said, I think most people already think he is a clown.
He's absolutely a clown.   Smart move by CNN having him on if they were looking to have a serious conversation.    

It's Clay Travis.  He covers SEC football, and he's actually pretty funny sometimes.  This is a ridiculous conversation.  There's so many things to be outraged about and this certainly isn't one of them.

It just really goes to show how incredibly tightly wound people in general are right now. Fun times out there.  We need a national enema.

Koya said:
What a douchbag. 

Get over yourself.

It's Clay Travis.  He covers SEC football, and he's actually pretty funny sometimes.  This is a ridiculous conversation.  There's so many things to be outraged about and this certainly isn't one of them.
I think people are overstating "outrage"

the guy seems like a sophomoric fool. Some of us feel it's better to conduct yourself with s modicum of respect when being interviewed on a news outlet.

its really nothing more than that. But to act like this is appropriate behavior seems to me a pathetically low bar for what we've become as a society. 

:shrug:  

Users who are viewing this thread