What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Are Things That You Wished You Had Done Sooner In Life? (20/30) (2 Viewers)

GordonGekko

Footballguy
VIDEO: The ONLY Way To Stop Procrastinating & Motivate Yourself In LIFE - Jordan Peterson Sep 22, 2021

“Can you imagine yourself in 10 years if, instead of avoiding the things you know you should do, you actually did them every single day? That’s powerful.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miz4cnGNtGI

Direct Headline: 20 Things People Regret the Most Before They Die

Lifehack June 23, 2019

1. I wish I’d cared less about what other people think.
2. I wish I had accomplished more.
3. I wish I had told [That Person] how I truly felt.
4. I wish I had stood up for myself more.
5. I wish I had followed my passion in life.
6. I wish our last conversation hadn’t been an argument.
7. I wish I had let my children grow up to be who they wanted to be.
8. I wish I had lived more in the moment.
9. I wish I had worked less.
10. I wish I had traveled more.
11. I wish I had trusted my gut rather than listening to everyone else.
12. I wish I’d taken better care of myself.
13. I wish I’d taken more risks.
14. I wish I’d had more time.
15. I wish I hadn’t worried so much.
16. I wish I’d appreciated [This Person / This Opportunity] more.
17. I wish I’d spent more time with my family.
18. I wish I hadn’t taken myself so seriously.
19. I wish I’d done more for other people.
20. I wish I could have felt happier.

https://www.lifehack.org/articles/c...s-people-regret-the-most-before-they-die.html

VIDEO: Mike Tyson: I succeed in life because of my flaws Dec 16, 2013

Jake Tapper talks to Mike Tyson about his unlikely comeback. "Real freedom is having nothing. I was freer when I didn't have a cent....I don't react to a tragic happening any more. I took so many bad things as a kid and some people think I don't care about anything. It's just too hard for me to get emotional. I can't cry no more....I ain't the same person I was when I bit that guy's ear off...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lgn6Z3HcKI

“You may delay, but time will not.” - Benjamin Franklin

“One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” - Shannon L. Alder

“Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "It might have been.” - Kurt Vonnegut

Here is another topic that is designed to increase discussion and participation in the FFA.

I see this as an interesting topic because life is short and there are many things that can hold people back from their true potential or from chasing the things that give them purpose and passion. I believe this topic is broad enough where high level discussion can be had without delving into real world public policy issues, public administration conflict and generally anything politically related.

What are things that you wished you had done sooner in life?

What held you back for so long? Did someone help you change? If "Yes", then how so? What were the situations/circumstances/issues that you changed? What did it take to effect that change and what sacrifices did you have to make to do it? How much sooner could you have done it in practical terms compared to when you did do it? What lessons did you learn from the experience? Do you think your upbringing was a factor in either the change or the procrastination from that change? How so?

What are things that you believe you desire and should be changing now that you haven't changed yet? What do you think is holding you back? What do you think it will take to make big changes in your life to overcome that?

What are the common things you see in the lives of those closest around you ( spouse, children, parents, blood family, co-workers, neighbors, etc, etc) that seem to hold them back from real positive change in their lives?

I'll leave this here for others to discuss. (20/30)

Last edited:
wish i did the self-employed gig earlier ... been 20+ yrs now, but i should've trusted myself more.

Last edited:
Lasik. Maybe starting to take Propecia since I think that just helps u keep the hair u have. Playing guitar; talking like from when I was a kid.

Travelled more. Not really realistic given how life turned out, but I've not seen anywhere near as much of the world as I'd like, and I'm not sure I ever will

Users who are viewing this thread