What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travis Kelce SOS (1 Viewer)

rawdog

Footballguy
I’m debating a trade for Travis Kelce. Does anybody have any insight on his remaining schedule? It seems like in weeks where the Chiefs face a monster pass rush like the Chargers, he’ll have to block more. But overall looks like some favorable matchups going forward.

Is he still the #2 TE?

Weeks 4 thru 16

Was

at Hou

Pit

at Oak

Den

at Dal

at NYG

Buf

at NYJ

Oak

LAC

Mia

Chiefs appear to be a run-first team now, and they're using Kelce as a quasi FB with quick shovel passes and so on. Aex Smith isn't throwing as much, and Hunt is stealing the show.

Washington has  amean pass rush and it might mean more blocking for Kelce this Mon night..who knows..I dont think Kelce will approach his 2016 totals this season..seems like a major regression is already in the works.

He's at his buy low if you want him. I think he'll be a definite TE1 but won't be in the elite status. Reid will have to find ways to get him and Hill the ball. I'm not sure, but running Hunt all the time would not be sustainable I would think.

I own him in redraft so I am biased.

Kelce will be fine. Teams will adjust to Hunt a little bit and Kelce will start producing again. 

And when I say "adjust to Hunt," I mean he will come back to earth a tad (unless you really think he is going to score 32 TDs and average 8.5 YPC over the course of the whole season).

Heck, Kelce is still the 6th best TE so far in PPR, so there is absolutely no reason to panic. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Week one the Patriots game plan was to take him out, they are pretty good at this.

Week 2 he blew up.

Week 3 was the biggest surprise to me but trying to block Melvin Ingram took all he had.

One good week, two duds which is only one more than almost every other TE in the league.

Off the top of my head I"m only coming up with one TE who has performed well all 3 games this year, again maybe forgetting someone but that is Ertz. Every other TE has  put out at least one dud. I want to say in TE premium leagues Engram and Ertz are only to hit double digit points each week, Ertz only one in standard PPR. 

I would not sweat the few bad games and I would carry on with Kelce as a top 3 TE for ROS.

Users who are viewing this thread