What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Saints Safety Situation (1 Viewer)

winterrules03

Footballguy
Anyone watch the Saints game this week?  I'm curious if Von Bell is playing the majority of the snaps or not?  I know his snap count was up in week 6 so I picked him up as I know they like to play him as Nickle LB. 

I know they like to play him as Nickle LB. 
That's the rub.  Vaccaro is strong and Williams is free, so barring injury Bell is dependent on 2 LB sets.  The Lions and Dolphins ran a lot of 3+ wide, so Bell was on the field.  I didn't watch, but I think it's telling that Bell and Randall Cobb had exactly the same amount of snaps.  Probably goes without saying, but the Bears don't run much 3 wide.  So Bell is a must bench this week BUT I think this week will be telling how much the Saints plan to run nickel going forward.  If Bell has a good ratio this week then it's probably safe to assume nickel is their new base, regardless of opponent.

That's the rub.  Vaccaro is strong and Williams is free, so barring injury Bell is dependent on 2 LB sets.  The Lions and Dolphins ran a lot of 3+ wide, so Bell was on the field.  I didn't watch, but I think it's telling that Bell and Randall Cobb had exactly the same amount of snaps.  Probably goes without saying, but the Bears don't run much 3 wide.  So Bell is a must bench this week BUT I think this week will be telling how much the Saints plan to run nickel going forward.  If Bell has a good ratio this week then it's probably safe to assume nickel is their new base, regardless of opponent.
Thanks.  That is some good information right there.  I'm probably going to have to drop him as I don't have the bench depth to hold him.  Damn, I really like the guy.  I was hoping the Saints would say "see ya later Vacarro". 

Users who are viewing this thread