What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper question (1 Viewer)

RidgemontWolves

Footballguy
David Johnson lose 1st round (1-10) pick random draw

or 

Deshaun Watson lose 10th round pick

Standard scoring league 10 team. 

My debate is I think I'm going to try to get some value for DJ rights while I'm making a playoff run right now. Watson in the 10th rounds seems like good value for what could be top 3 atleast QBs next year. 

However my other side is telling me what if I get pick 9 or 10 in the league and I'm able to take DJ there

Confused on which option has more value. 

It isn't an even choice because you will be getting another asset to help you win this year.  However, in a vacuum, I would much rather have DJ as a freeze.  He is a difference maker at a position that doesn't have many difference makers.  Watson in the 10th is decent value but he is still a rookie and the rest of the league could catch up as more film is available. 

Now if you can trade DJ for a key piece for a title run this year then I think it is worth it.  If you are just getting a depth piece I wouldn't trade him away.

what about the Angle of looking at teams that have good players with no real Keeper with any value.. All leagues have that team that has like Dez Bryant or Julio Jones and their team isn't going anywhere this year and you have the chance to Sell very high on a guy that you didn't invest much into.

who's your other QB if you traded watson? nothing wrong with looking at the bad teams and see if they would be willing to trade a couple great players they cant keep and think they are getting this franchise guy for 2018 in return. 

Users who are viewing this thread