What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

tl;dr: Dirty John (1 Viewer)

For fans of podcasts like Serial, it’s a pretty good podcast about a guy who starts to date a rich divorcee in Newport Beach. It’s a relatively short commitment (about six episodes I believe) and a fairly entertaining listen. The ending is also a surprise, so I’d recommend that Hawks64 consider spoilerizing his post. 

tbh, I had no idea what the point this thread was. to talk about a pod-cast? there's no mention of that. I was just hoping that the person it reminds furley of wasn't me.
it's both? 

the link goes to the LA Times article but embedded in the article is audio (which i assume is the podcast?)

YOU TELL ME

El Floppo said:
I clicked and read. and read. and read. and read. finished the first chapter and that was plenty. wanted some answers. still no idea why furls started this thread and still not sure who the badguy reminds him of. maybe @Sweatpants Boner Man
you have to read the other 5 chapters. it's like a book. you read the first chapter and it's all "whoa, i don't understand this at all. what a terrible story". but then you read the next one and it starts to make more sense. and then you read a few more and it all starts to come together. 

then you read until the end and the author wraps it all up in a bow for you.

kind of a neat concept

you have to read the other 5 chapters. it's like a book. you read the first chapter and it's all "whoa, i don't understand this at all. what a terrible story". but then you read the next one and it starts to make more sense. and then you read a few more and it all starts to come together. 

kind of a neat concept
sound tedious.

kind of a neat concept
Are you that author?

bigbottom said:
For fans of podcasts like Serial, it’s a pretty good podcast about a guy who starts to date a rich divorcee in Newport Beach. It’s a relatively short commitment (about six episodes I believe) and a fairly entertaining listen. The ending is also a surprise, so I’d recommend that Hawks64 consider spoilerizing his post. 
Except the title of the thread is tl;dr and furls didn't even come close to summarizing it. I stand by my tl;dr summary.

El Floppo said:
I clicked and read. and read. and read. and read. finished the first chapter and that was plenty. wanted some answers. still no idea why furls started this thread and still not sure who the badguy reminds him of. maybe @Sweatpants Boner Man
:goodposting:

And I hated how it was written.

Interesting but infuriating.
every revelation about this woman and her family was more infuriating than the last

Dirty John is a horrible person and got what he had coming but holy #### are that woman and her family mom a ####

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember that time I thought it would be cool to go back in time and get my high school girlfriend to sleep with her friend so I could sleep with her friend too but that never happened only in my post-dating imagination take that to the bank bromigos. 

Sounded pretty interesting. Now, I pretty much know the story. No need to listen or read anything I guess.  :pokey:

kind of a neat concept
Who links an entire ####### book? With no warnings?

Users who are viewing this thread