Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JuniorNB

Hawaiians get an incoming missile warning, claiming this is not a test.

236 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

I think it would be proper, but we all need realistic expectations with Trump (something I feel a lot of people in here have a hard time stepping back and understanding). At this point, we all know what we have. Relatively speaking,  for Trump specifically, a tweet is good in this scenario. We should all be happy with that considering again...what we know we have.

If that constitutes realistic expectations for Trump, then he’s not up for the job of president and should be removed in favor of someone who does not need the bar lowered so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sweet J said:

Has anyone posted this yet?  The real story how the crisis was averted?

shall we play a game?

Yes. Already played that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bruce Dickinson said:

If that constitutes realistic expectations for Trump, then he’s not up for the job of president and should be removed in favor of someone who does not need the bar lowered so much.

But that's not going to happen, so why even bring it up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Yes. Already played that game.

Greetings, Professor Falken. How about a nice game of chess? 

No, let's play Global Thermal Nuclear War. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

I think it would be proper, but we all need realistic expectations with Trump (something I feel a lot of people in here have a hard time stepping back and understanding). At this point, we all know what we have. Relatively speaking,  for Trump specifically, a tweet is good in this scenario. We should all be happy with that considering again...what we know we have.

And it's sad that we can only discuss the hypothetical situation of him doing the bare minimum of his job duties.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShamrockPride said:

But that's not going to happen, so why even bring it up?

Because normalizing Trump’s incompetence makes it tougher to fix the problems he’s caused after he leaves office.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

 

I think you're defending Trump here. 

Could you answer what I asked above? TIA.

No. 

Where is your outrage at the Governor of Hawaii?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, knowledge dropper said:

No. 

Where is your outrage at the Governor of Hawaii?

Thanks for the answer. The outage at HI officials was In my first post.

So if your state sent you official notice that you were about to be hit by missiles from another country in a preemptive attack, you wouldnt expect your national leader to comment. Interesting.

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShamrockPride said:

I think it would be proper, but we all need realistic expectations with Trump (something I feel a lot of people in here have a hard time stepping back and understanding). At this point, we all know what we have. Relatively speaking,  for Trump specifically, a tweet is good in this scenario. We should all be happy with that considering again...what we know we have.

And he hasn’t even tweeted about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Thanks for the answer. The outage at HI officials was In my first post.

So if your state sent you official notice that you were about to be hit by missiles from another country in a preemptive attack, you wouldnt expect your national leader to comment. Interesting.

 

 

If the missile was launched from Kansas at Hawaii, I would expect silence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

No. 

Where is your outrage at the Governor of Hawaii?

Unlike Trump, he has actually publically spoken about what happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, squistion said:

Unlike Trump, he has actually publically spoken about what happened.

Unlike Trump this gaffe is in him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Megaton said:

Basically, if what you're typing is about another poster, you're doing it wrong. 

Besides, talking about what it would actually take to survive such an attack if it were real is much more topical than trying to score cheap political points which was completely irrelevant to the situation.  Keep the discussion about points not people. 

Yes. Way less talk about other posters and more about the topic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

Thanks for the answer. The outage at HI officials was In my first post.

So if your state sent you official notice that you were about to be hit by missiles from another country in a preemptive attack, you wouldnt expect your national leader to comment. Interesting.

:shrug:  I laugh at most things Trump says/does, and cry at the others. 

But, what is he really supposed to say here?  "Ooops, the Failing Hawaiians, who are not even real Americans by the way, showed once again why they do not belong in the "United" States.  Admitting Hawaii was one of the worst deals we ever made with Kenya.  I have my people, the best people, working now to figure out to expel Hawaii.  That will solve this problem, and allow us to erase that Fake American, Barack Obama, from the presidential history."

 

This was an administrative error - certainly can understand some of the stress many people must have felt for 30 minutes.  But, this was simply a human error, and a process error, by Hawaiian officials.  

And, lets be honest here - the less Trump says, the better for everyone.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

:shrug:  I laugh at most things Trump says/does, and cry at the others. 

But, what is he really supposed to say here?  "Ooops, the Failing Hawaiians, who are not even real Americans by the way, showed once again why they do not belong in the "United" States.  Admitting Hawaii was one of the worst deals we ever made with Kenya.  I have my people, the best people, working now to figure out to expel Hawaii.  That will solve this problem, and allow us to erase that Fake American, Barack Obama, from the presidential history."

 

This was an administrative error - certainly can understand some of the stress many people must have felt for 30 minutes.  But, this was simply a human error, and a process error, by Hawaiian officials.  

And, lets be honest here - the less Trump says, the better for everyone.

I’ve mentioned it before, but I think the big issue is basically the death of the last possible silver lining to his tweeting - that he’d be able to react helpfully directly to the American people in a crisis.   Hope dying is always a tough moment for people.  

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Totally agree about HI needing to have addressed this immediately, and not inflicting 40 needless minutes of it's residents having to get ready to meet their maker.

But isn't that 40 minutes also enough time for the potus to also say something? Do you really think he shouldn't? 

Hawaii had the means to directly contact everyone it warned with a few button clicks.  It had the database of numbers and should have figured out the sequence of events fairly soon.  We can only speculate what info and when it was relayed to the POTUS.  Trump should have said something, but if he did it  then it would be spun as Trump needlessly alarming the rest of the country or some silly thing as that.  Trump is a moron, but jumping him over stuff like this is in the noise.  What is worrisome is if Trump was really as caught off guard to respond to a situation as it seems.  But that is speculation also.   Hopefully this caused Trump to plan a little better. /Wishful thinking 

Edited by Megaton
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KCitons said:

We may need a new thread, but I'll ask here.

What situations should have an expected response from the President of the United States? 

An actual attack.  This false alarm/panic was not something you could anticipate happening.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

:shrug:  I laugh at most things Trump says/does, and cry at the others. 

But, what is he really supposed to say here?  "Ooops, the Failing Hawaiians, who are not even real Americans by the way, showed once again why they do not belong in the "United" States.  Admitting Hawaii was one of the worst deals we ever made with Kenya.  I have my people, the best people, working now to figure out to expel Hawaii.  That will solve this problem, and allow us to erase that Fake American, Barack Obama, from the presidential history."

 

This was an administrative error - certainly can understand some of the stress many people must have felt for 30 minutes.  But, this was simply a human error, and a process error, by Hawaiian officials.  

And, lets be honest here - the less Trump says, the better for everyone.

Fair enough. I asked up thread. What are the expectations for a potus to respond? Mass shootings, natural disasters, civil unrest, attacks by foreign countries?

Asking because I don't know what to expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KCitons said:

Fair enough. I asked up thread. What are the expectations for a potus to respond? Mass shootings, natural disasters, civil unrest, attacks by foreign countries?

Asking because I don't know what to expect.

Mass shootings - I would expect POTUS to address the issues related to the mass shootings - what is law enforcement doing, and what are we doing to prevent a future mass shooting, and that we grieve for the victims of a mass shooting.

Natural disaster - I would expect POTUS to show empathy for the victims, show strength, and assure that America will be there to support everyone affected.

Civil Unrest - I would expect POTUS to deliver a speech emphasizing that there is more that unites us, than divides us.  We need to learn to respect each other, and work towards a harmonious solution to the discord.

Attacks by foreign countries - I would expect POTUS to assure the American people that they are safe from foreign aggressors, and that the United States is doing everything in its power to keep its citizens safe from aggression and interference.

 

I don't expect Trump to do any of that, or be effective, even if he tried.  Its not who he is, or what he is about.  But, I have faith that someone would step forward and lead when it becomes necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Mass shootings - I would expect POTUS to address the issues related to the mass shootings - what is law enforcement doing, and what are we doing to prevent a future mass shooting, and that we grieve for the victims of a mass shooting.

Natural disaster - I would expect POTUS to show empathy for the victims, show strength, and assure that America will be there to support everyone affected.

Civil Unrest - I would expect POTUS to deliver a speech emphasizing that there is more that unites us, than divides us.  We need to learn to respect each other, and work towards a harmonious solution to the discord.

Attacks by foreign countries - I would expect POTUS to assure the American people that they are safe from foreign aggressors, and that the United States is doing everything in its power to keep its citizens safe from aggression and interference.

 

I don't expect Trump to do any of that, or be effective, even if he tried.  Its not who he is, or what he is about.  But, I have faith that someone would step forward and lead when it becomes necessary.

I guess we identified the problem.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t believe Trump has never tweeted for calm after tests of the Emergency Broadcast system or tornado sirens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

I can’t believe Trump has never tweeted for calm after tests of the Emergency Broadcast system or tornado sirens. 

I can't believe we are only testing the Emergency Broadcast System for nuclear attack in Hawaii.

Should we expect ours here in Nebraska soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

I can’t believe Trump has never tweeted for calm after tests of the Emergency Broadcast system or tornado sirens. 

You mean when it says “this is a test”?  As opposed to “this is not a drill”?

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

You mean when it says “this is a test”?  As opposed to “this is not a drill”?

 

Soft fluffy cloud....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

I can’t believe Trump has never tweeted for calm after tests of the Emergency Broadcast system or tornado sirens. 

 

4 hours ago, KCitons said:

I can't believe we are only testing the Emergency Broadcast System for nuclear attack in Hawaii.

Should we expect ours here in Nebraska soon?

I'm sure it's the same in Nebraska. We always test ours at the same time every week or month so not to confuse everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

You mean when it says “this is a test”?  As opposed to “this is not a drill”?

 

Something about another planet comes to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mile High said:

 

I'm sure it's the same in Nebraska. We always test ours at the same time every week or month so not to confuse everyone.

You get a text every month saying your are under a missile attack?  Neat. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KCitons said:

You get a text every month saying your are under a missile attack?  Neat. 

And that this is not a test?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pressed the wrong button? Um, no...

"The Hawaii employee who issued a ballistic missile alert to residents — causing mass panic for nearly 40 minutes earlier this month — intentionally sent the message thinking the island was being attacked, the FCC said today." 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/30/hawaii-employee-who-issued-false-missile-alert-thought-it-was-real-emergency-fcc-says.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm.......CNN claimed it was instigated by Trump.  😂

 

#fakenews

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Underachievers said:

Hmmmm.......CNN claimed it was instigated by Trump.  😂

 

#fakenews

No, they didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, squistion said:

Pressed the wrong button? Um, no...

"The Hawaii employee who issued a ballistic missile alert to residents — causing mass panic for nearly 40 minutes earlier this month — intentionally sent the message thinking the island was being attacked, the FCC said today." 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/30/hawaii-employee-who-issued-false-missile-alert-thought-it-was-real-emergency-fcc-says.html

So the person in charge thought this was an actual incoming missile and the President wasn't informed? Or did he just want to wait until his round of golf was over to take action?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, squistion said:

Pressed the wrong button? Um, no...

"The Hawaii employee who issued a ballistic missile alert to residents — causing mass panic for nearly 40 minutes earlier this month — intentionally sent the message thinking the island was being attacked, the FCC said today." 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/30/hawaii-employee-who-issued-false-missile-alert-thought-it-was-real-emergency-fcc-says.html

Probably enough time has passed that their drug test results came back.  It’s pretty much the lowest tier public employee that is on duty at that time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JuniorNB said:

So the person in charge thought this was an actual incoming missile and the President wasn't informed? Or did he just want to wait until his round of golf was over to take action?

Why would Trump or any president care what some guy in Hawaii thinks or does with their internal system?   This type of info would come from the military.  What some yahoo in Hawaii does with their warning system better not be putting us on the edge of a nuclear war.   

Edited by Megaton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.