What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade offer for my OBJ (1 Viewer)

Zyphros

Footballguy
I have an offer on the table of my OBJ, 2.09 and 3.07 while I receive 1.03, 1.05, 1.10, and 1.12 along with Moncrief and Pryor

It's FFPC so I'd probably end up dropping moncrief and Pryor.

My roster looks like this:

Russel Wilson

OBJ, Martavis, Meredith, Corey Davis, JuJu

Jordan Howard, Foreman, Mack, Gallman

Eifert, OJ Howard, Hooper, Shaheen 

that's my core basically and I also have 1.04 and 1.07, I'd love to get 1.03 in some sort of deal, but he's rejected everything I've thrown his way so far

Zyphros said:
I have an offer on the table of my OBJ, 2.09 and 3.07 while I receive 1.03, 1.05, 1.10, and 1.12 along with Moncrief and Pryor

It's FFPC so I'd probably end up dropping moncrief and Pryor.

My roster looks like this:

Russel Wilson

OBJ, Martavis, Meredith, Corey Davis, JuJu

Jordan Howard, Foreman, Mack, Gallman

Eifert, OJ Howard, Hooper, Shaheen 

that's my core basically and I also have 1.04 and 1.07, I'd love to get 1.03 in some sort of deal, but he's rejected everything I've thrown his way so far
If you are going to drop Moncrief and Pryor why even include them?Let them keep em but do it for the picks. With 6 first rounders you are bound to hit on someone who can step in for OBJ plus some.

I didn't offer it.  He offered it to me.  In FFPC you have to cut down to 16 players (the 14 I listed plus a K and D) in March.  I can't imagine myself keeping Pryor or Moncrief over any of those other WR's and there really isn't much need for keeping more than 5 when you only start 2.  I declined the offer because there are 0 WR's in this draft that I would actually want.  And with my 1.04 and 1.07, I can likely get 2 good RB's to fill out my roster and be competitive.  If I gave up OBJ, that's a lot of prayers in draft picks to get something even half as good as OBJ, which is unlikely plus I'd be loading up on RB's with probably 5/6 of those 1sts (if I had accepted) which doesn't help my WR's at all.  Keep a true stud, and hope to hit on my 2 1sts is more balanced and I trust myself when it comes to drafting rookies.  

If you are going to drop Moncrief and Pryor why even include them?Let them keep em but do it for the picks. With 6 first rounders you are bound to hit on someone who can step in for OBJ plus some.
I don't think this is true.  OBJ is an elite player and draft picks are a crap shoot.  The likelihood of any draft pick (let alone not having a top 2 pick) being even remotely close to reality.   Could it happen? Sure but it is not likely to happen regardless of how many picks you have in the first round.

I didn't offer it.  He offered it to me.  In FFPC you have to cut down to 16 players (the 14 I listed plus a K and D) in March.  I can't imagine myself keeping Pryor or Moncrief over any of those other WR's and there really isn't much need for keeping more than 5 when you only start 2.  I declined the offer because there are 0 WR's in this draft that I would actually want.  And with my 1.04 and 1.07, I can likely get 2 good RB's to fill out my roster and be competitive.  If I gave up OBJ, that's a lot of prayers in draft picks to get something even half as good as OBJ, which is unlikely plus I'd be loading up on RB's with probably 5/6 of those 1sts (if I had accepted) which doesn't help my WR's at all.  Keep a true stud, and hope to hit on my 2 1sts is more balanced and I trust myself when it comes to drafting rookies.  
Good call.  Easy reject.  This is a typical quarters/dimes for a dollar type deal. 

I'm going contrarian here.  OBJ is definitely a stud, but even with him do you think you can win your league this year?  Next year will be interesting for the Giants with a new coach, an aging Eli and OBJ not yet done on a long-term deal.  This draft looks strong and with 6 first round picks, you would have some strong pieces for trades.  It would be likely be better if this came post-NFL draft or into free agency, but it may not be available then.  In the minority, but think I would pull the trigger on this one.  

Users who are viewing this thread