What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FISA-gate: "Is this the KGB?" (1 Viewer)

When did Schiff deny that Ohr met with the FBI in August 2016?

Why do you assume that Ohr only spoke to the FBI one time, not multiple times?
Schiff tried to maintain the integrity of the FISA warrant on Page when in fact it should never have been granted based on phony dossier.

Yes, one of Mueller's minions new about the FISA corruption
I must be missing something. Why wouldn’t the FBI Chief over transnational organized crime talk to the DOJ’s Chief over US fraud about a report from the former head of the UK MI6 Russia desk about possible foreign Putinist influence from Russia? 

When did Schiff deny that Ohr met with the FBI in August 2016?

Why do you assume that Ohr only spoke to the FBI one time, not multiple times?
Schiff tried to maintain the integrity of the FISA warrant on Page when in fact it should never have been granted based on phony dossier.
The articles you linked did not provide evidence that Schiff lied. The only semblance of a contradiction is the claim that Ohr revealed his relationship to Steele in November 2016. 

Such a revelation does not prove that A) the FISA warrant was issued improperly, B) that Ohr didn't disclose in August whatever he was required to disclose, or C) that Schiff was lying about any of it.

The articles you linked did not provide evidence that Schiff lied. The only semblance of a contradiction is the claim that Ohr revealed his relationship to Steele in November 2016. 

Such a revelation does not prove that A) the FISA warrant was issued improperly, B) that Ohr didn't disclose in August whatever he was required to disclose, or C) that Schiff was lying about any of it.
Well yeah...

Who was the author of the democratic memo?  

Link
>>"The Majority mischaracterizes Bruce Ohr's role, overstates the significance of his interactions with Steele, and misleads about the time frame of Ohr's communication with the FBI. In late November, Ohr informed the FBI of his prior professional relationship with Steele and information that Steele shared with him (including Steele's concern about Trump being compromised by Russia)," the Democrats' statement said. “He also described his wife’s contract work with Fusion GPS, the firm that hired Steele separately. This occurred weeks after the election and more than a month after the Court approved the initial FISA application.”<<

- I don’t think this is a bad point. The Dems said it was after the election instead of before. I could see the motive of saying it couldn’t have been election influenced.

But I’m not sure I see the significance. We know the FBI had the dossier during the election. Naturally they would share it and discuss it. Naturally leadership knew there were FISA applications. Ohr & his wife really wouldn’t share notes? Of course they would and apparently they were honest about that. Schiff himself is pushing to release all transcripts. 

The outfall of this appears to be that yes indeed the FBI’s & DOJ’s organized crime division was alarmed by what they were reading in the dossier and they acted on it, they didn’t rest on it. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Who was the author of the democratic memo?  
I presume that you're referring to Schiff.

But the Democratic memo doesn't lie about what Ohr said in August.

In order for Schiff to be lying, you must be able to prove that A) Ohr lied [or omitted required info] in August, and B) that Schiff knew about it.

So far, you have not provided any links to support such claims.

>>DOJ official Bruce Ohr was asked about such briefings during a closed-door interview with House lawmakers in August 2018. <<

- Wait a second, you can’t blame Schiff for a statement in early 2018 when he couldn’t have learned of contrary information until August of 2018.

This is probably a reason why separate reports should not have been submitted and why no final report should have been submitted until the committee finished its work.

>>DOJ official Bruce Ohr was asked about such briefings during a closed-door interview with House lawmakers in August 2018. <<

- Wait a second, you can’t blame Schiff for a statement in early 2018 when he couldn’t have learned of contrary information until August of 2018.

This is probably a reason why separate reports should not have been submitted and why no final report should have been submitted until the committee finished its work.
Sure I can.  Schiff tried to paint a picture that simply wasn't true.  Kind of like how he stated he has information that Trump colluded with Russia.  The guy is a lying hack.

Sure I can.  Schiff tried to paint a picture that simply wasn't true.  Kind of like how he stated he has information that Trump colluded with Russia.  The guy is a lying hack.
Just because you misinterpret or misread Schiff's statements, that doesn't mean that he's "painting" something that wasn't true.

How could he know that before he heard it?

Btw IIRC the GOP report cleared Cohen. Again, they should have waited until the committee was finished and issued a joint report.

The arrogance on page 1 (only page I read) was something else. Joking, mocking, and characterizing the other side as dopes. Turns out they were the ones being duped. A partisan is someone who believes themselves to be an intellectual when in reality they're all stuck on the same treadmill. I can no longer look at any partisan on either side and look at them as enlightened individuals. How many times do people need fall into the same traps and repeating cycles before they think independently? Normally human nature dictates that when burnt, we learn and evolve. Except when we live in a bubble and barely feel the burn.

The arrogance on page 1 (only page I read) was something else. Joking, mocking, and characterizing the other side as dopes. Turns out they were the ones being duped. A partisan is someone who believes themselves to be an intellectual when in reality they're all stuck on the same treadmill. I can no longer look at any partisan on either side and look at them as enlightened individuals. How many times do people need fall into the same traps and repeating cycles before they think independently? Normally human nature dictates that when burnt, we learn and evolve. Except when we live in a bubble and barely feel the burn.
Lemme guess - it was the conservatives/GOP types that were mocking, joking and characterizing the other side as dopes, right?

Users who are viewing this thread