Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
randall146

USA Shootings

11 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

where are you from ?

if you know so much about guns your posts didn't reflect that - or you'd know wild hogs in the south ... invasive species is literally destroying our native ecosystem AR15's etc  are great guns for them

predators too - very good guns to use for that and of course, self defense if people choose that rifle. 

my wife wanted to shoot on Sunday ... I loaded up the new Glock 9mm and she shot a box of 50 at a target. She loved it - yes, I want to protect her right to get proficient with it and be capable of shooting guns etc

you don't get to decide that for me - sorry

Hmm.  Which species is destroying the other's ecosystem?  ;)

38 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

.223 seems light for the wild hogs I have seen, outside of maybe the year they are whelped.

Caveat- My experience with wild hogs is limited to Texas.  I have, however, seen film of them in the south. 

for some reason we don't see many big hogs on our places ... anything over 150-175 pounds is big. Often its a dang sow with 10 little ones etc :( 

tannerite 'em 

53 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

and with that .... I'm done engaging you

I don't appreciate being called a liar, that moderators allow it baffles me

If you don't appreciate being called a liar, you should stop lying.  Except I've never called you a liar.  That's a lie.

Edited by the rover
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Hmm.  Which species is destroying the other's ecosystem?  ;)

research wild hogs ... its my opinion they are the #1 reason for the decline of nesting birds and turtles of every kind, snakes too. Hogs love eggs.

41 minutes ago, KCitons said:

You and @Fish...errr @the rover seem to think you get to operate by a different set of rules. 

for some reason moderators here do allow it - the name calling and alias's with him are allowed

go figure

28 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

for some reason moderators here do allow it - the name calling and alias's with him are allowed

go figure

I'd really like @McJose or @OrtonToOlsen ,or whoever he thinks he is today, to explain the intricacies of bullying. He demands answers from others. But doesn't reciprocate. 

1 hour ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

.223 seems light for the wild hogs I have seen, outside of maybe the year they are whelped.

Caveat- My experience with wild hogs is limited to Texas.  I have, however, seen film of them in the south. 

Agreed that .223 is light for Hogs, however 300 BLK or 50 beowolf, 458 socom and 6.8 are all popular for hogs out of the same platform and would be called an AR15.

17 minutes ago, abbottjamesr said:

Agreed that .223 is light for Hogs, however 300 BLK or 50 beowolf, 458 socom and 6.8 are all popular for hogs out of the same platform and would be called an AR15.

BIL was military, 6 years, Iraq and Afghanistan Socom was his rifle of choice

1 hour ago, KCitons said:

I'd really like @McJose or @OrtonToOlsen ,or whoever he thinks he is today, to explain the intricacies of bullying. He demands answers from others. But doesn't reciprocate. 

What in god's green smurf are you rambling on about?

1 minute ago, McJose said:

Cars and alcohol, I assume.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the rover said:

Cars and alcohol, I assume.  

Knives too.

6 minutes ago, McJose said:

You must be the only person that doesn't know.

Hint: Full explanation was posted 2 hours ago in this thread. 

8 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I assume hypocrisy and echo chamber stuff.  

I expect it from them. But, I think you should think about what you're saying.

Two posters are basically bullying another poster and you're egging them on.

Pretty poor optics. 

4 minutes ago, KCitons said:

I expect it from them. But, I think you should think about what you're saying.

Two posters are basically bullying another poster and you're egging them on.

Pretty poor optics. 

Fortunately the stout-hearted, the resolute, the righteous cannot be bullied.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KCitons said:

You must be the only person that doesn't know.

Hint: Full explanation was posted 2 hours ago in this thread. 

Well that totally clears things up.

11 minutes ago, McJose said:

Well that totally clears things up.

I know you can read. Look over the last 2 pages for any of my posts that mention you specifically. 

13 minutes ago, KCitons said:

I know you can read. Look over the last 2 pages for any of my posts that mention you specifically. 

I'll get right on that.

On 5/11/2019 at 4:29 PM, McJose said:

Ug.

As someone who deals with the effects of bullying (IRL and online) and kids everyday this is a really poor tack to take. 

On 5/11/2019 at 4:38 PM, KCitons said:

As someone that deals with this everyday, why don't you explain the difference. I'll even go into it with an open mind.

But, just so we are clear, I was referring to the other website where members (from this board) hold an annual contest to determine the worst poster. Members there would make reference to the contest here. (As PS just did in this thread).

On 5/11/2019 at 4:40 PM, McJose said:

Well if you pinky-swear...

On 5/11/2019 at 4:58 PM, KCitons said:

Still waiting for your expertise on this. 

No answer for 3 months. 

Twenty four hours after you asked SC about his kids, you were demanding an answer. 

In case you forgot the rest of the conversation, @Politician Spock posted that comments in this thread would have been candidates for the contest on that other website. (the cage). Remember that place. The safe space where all the intellects from this board go to complain about the posters here? They even held a tournament each year to crown the worst poster on FBGs. Sounds classy. And nothing like bullying. Right?

So, enlighten us with the truths about bullying. You're the expert. 

23 minutes ago, KCitons said:

No answer for 3 months. 

Twenty four hours after you asked SC about his kids, you were demanding an answer. 

In case you forgot the rest of the conversation, @Politician Spock posted that comments in this thread would have been candidates for the contest on that other website. (the cage). Remember that place. The safe space where all the intellects from this board go to complain about the posters here? They even held a tournament each year to crown the worst poster on FBGs. Sounds classy. And nothing like bullying. Right?

So, enlighten us with the truths about bullying. You're the expert. 

I'm not sure what the question is.

20 minutes ago, McJose said:

I'm not sure what the question is.

On 5/11/2019 at 4:29 PM, McJose said:

Ug.

As someone who deals with the effects of bullying (IRL and online) and kids everyday this is a really poor tack to take. 

On 5/11/2019 at 4:38 PM, KCitons said:

As someone that deals with this everyday, why don't you explain the difference?

Waiting. 

3 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Waiting. 

You're waiting for me to answer your question?  

8 minutes ago, McJose said:

You're waiting for me to answer your question?  

Yes.

10 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

Take it to PMs.

Nah. I think it's best that we let McJose/Orton explain himself to everyone here. 

2 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Nah. I think it's best that we let McJose/Orton explain himself to everyone here. 

Not really. He's not exactly a mystery at this point, so it just seems like unnecessary squabbling between you two.

Also, it's deflecting things away from bear talk.

Edited by Gr00vus
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

Not really. He's not exactly a mystery at this point, so it just seems like unnecessary squabbling between you two.

Also, it's deflecting things away from bear talk.

That wasn't my point. 

He claimed to be an expert on bullying. He said he deals with it every day. Now we know what he meant. He bullies people every day.

My apologies. I thought he helped stop it. 

Carry on.

9 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I dunno.  With the multiple posts about me being a sheep and incapable of thinking for myself, I am feeling a little bullied too.  

Seems like the ignore feature could solve that issue.   

8 minutes ago, the rover said:

Seems like the ignore feature could solve that issue.   

I accidently unignored and haven't bothered clicking it again.  I found out quickly why so many people complain about the ignore feature not really being that effective if people are quoting a lot of posts from posters on their ignore list.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I dunno.  With the multiple posts about me being a sheep and incapable of thinking for myself, I am feeling a little bullied too.  

I'll be the judge of that.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Please put me on ignore, it doesn't bother me. I have no expectation that I was ever going to change the minds of the regular posters here. I'm still able to respond to your posts and that may have an impact on those still wanting to hear both sides. 

You silence yourself with the ignore button. The real power lies in the report button.

Have a great weekend.

16 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I accidently unignored and haven't bothered clicking it again.  I found out quickly why so many people complain about the ignore feature not really being that effective if people are quoting a lot of posts from posters on their ignore list.  

there should be a super-ignore that doesn't show quoted posts either.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, McJose said:

Scroll up

Ah.  I've had him on ignore for over a year.  He follows me around and responds to all of my posts.   If people don't quote him, I don't see his drivel.

• Like 2

If Trump had defied the NRA on background checks, he might have gotten some independent love. He didn’t do it because he’s afraid of his base. But I think that’s foolish because his base would have supported him no matter what. 

18 hours ago, Stealthycat said:

where are you from ?

if you know so much about guns your posts didn't reflect that - or you'd know wild hogs in the south ... invasive species is literally destroying our native ecosystem AR15's etc  are great guns for them

predators too - very good guns to use for that and of course, self defense if people choose that rifle. 

my wife wanted to shoot on Sunday ... I loaded up the new Glock 9mm and she shot a box of 50 at a target. She loved it - yes, I want to protect her right to get proficient with it and be capable of shooting guns etc

you don't get to decide that for me - sorry

Ah yes the wild boar problems of the south. Probably should build a couple machine gun nests alongside the house. I’m in Michigan, maybe you can find a wolf here. Do shotguns work on boars? 

I don’t  have a problem with you shooting at targets, it is enjoyable. I don’t think you need the inalienable right to do it with any gun ever made. Trying to spend less time in the psf so forgive me if I don’t respond, it’s not because I’m beating my head on a wall.

22 hours ago, Stealthycat said:

research wild hogs ... its my opinion they are the #1 reason for the decline of nesting birds and turtles of every kind, snakes too. Hogs love eggs.

I read (ok, skimmed) a couple articles quick, it sounds like they are no joke - but you don't live in the country, right?  

Just saying that we are much more of an invasive species.  

Edited by KarmaPolice

4 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

Ah yes the wild boar problems of the south. Probably should build a couple machine gun nests alongside the house. I’m in Michigan, maybe you can find a wolf here. Do shotguns work on boars? 

I don’t  have a problem with you shooting at targets, it is enjoyable. I don’t think you need the inalienable right to do it with any gun ever made. Trying to spend less time in the psf so forgive me if I don’t respond, it’s not because I’m beating my head on a wall.

Don't give him any ideas.  (if he doesn't have a couple alongside the house already) ;)

5 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

I hope ya'll never get wild hogs in MI

"do it with any gun every made" .,,, do you think we have that right now? If you do, you are believing liberal lies and don't know about guns at all. 

see, we have hundreds of laws on guns from the way they're manufacturer, to safety to age limits and background checks and many guns are not allowed in the USA for people to own without a special license. 

that's common sense gun laws - and we have them, right now

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

I read (ok, skimmed) a couple articles quick, it sounds like they are no joke - but you don't live in the country, right?  

Just saying that we are much more of an invasive species.  

I live in Arkansas, I hunt WMA's and national forest lands and private .... and hogs have invaded everywhere. 

side story ... my Dad was born on the Buffalo in 1935, they rarely saw a deer. They hunted small game because all the bear were killed out during the Depression years, as were almost every deer, every turkey. Hogs ..... by the time Dad was in his teens they too were gone my point being they were the hardest and last to be killed out. Very productive breeders, eat everything and anything, exceptionally damaging because they're not native.

Now, they're back. Problem is now .... people don't hunt them like they did 80 years ago and left unchecked, the populations explode and when that happens .... they destroy everything. EVERYTHING

People in TX have started using tannerite and bombing them - youtube that ... crazy, not hunting ... but if they can kill 'em out? do it. Radical plans using Warfarin is even considered and used in some cases. 

They're that bad - in fact, an "Invasive species" topic would be interesting to see