What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greatest NBA Franchise to NEVER win a championship (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
Well, there are 3 current franchises that I consider to be the best to never win an NBA title.  Here they are in this order:

1. Jazz

2. Suns

3. Pacers

Who do you think is the greatest franchise to never win a title so far?

I'd say Stockton/Malone Jazz is first. 

Early to mid 80's Sidney Moncriff Milwaukee Bucks second.

Warriors Run TMC third. 

Doctor Detroit said:
I'd say Stockton/Malone Jazz is first. 

Early to mid 80's Sidney Moncriff Milwaukee Bucks second.

Warriors Run TMC third. 
The Bucks DID win a championship back in the 1971-1972 season.  The Warriors did win championships back in 1947 and 1956 when they were the Philadelphia Warriors.  Their first championship under the name "Golden State Warriors" actually came back in 1975, just a few years after they relocated to California.

You're right when you say the Jazz franchise is the greatest to NEVER win a championship going back to their days when they started in New Orleans back in the 1970s.  The Suns did make the 1976 NBA Finals and were part of the greatest NBA game in history with the triple-overtime thriller in Game 5 of that series.  The Pacers started as an ABA franchise back in the 1960s before making the move to the NBA in 1976.  The Pacers have only been to 1 NBA Finals, and that was in 2000.  So, those are the 3 current franchises that I consider to be the greatest to NEVER win a title since each of them joined the NBA.

According to Wikipedia there are 12 active NBA teams that have never won a title.  More than I thought. Of the 12 I think the Jazz have fielded the best teams.

T-wolves might pass them after they get beat by the Warriors the next couple seasons, that will give them two different eras of consistent 50+ win seasons with nothing to show for it.

ETA: I totally forgot about those Barkley-era Suns teams.  That was during my lost college years.  They're probably #1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread