What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is your signature legible? (1 Viewer)

Is your signature legible?

• Yes, pretty much

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • Eh, you can some of it out but not all of it

Votes: 31 28.7%
  • No way in hell

Votes: 66 61.1%

• Total voters
I used to meticulously write every letter through college. Then I started working as an architect and would have to sign dozens, sometimes hundreds, of drawings at once. I quickly learned to streamline my signature until it evolved into: B (a series of triangles) Ⅱ.

Last name is pretty long so I typically write my first name and then McG with a bunch of squiggles after that.

If I take my time, like 4 seconds, my signature is awesome. If I'm in a hurry at school or something, I emphasize the first letter in first/last name more than the other letters. Official documents, my signature is awesome. I turn the paper about 80 degrees or so. My cursive writing is highly italicized like the US Constitution.

My last name has 13 letters in it.  Even when it's typed, a lot of people consider it unintelligible.  I also used to own a small business and signed a lot of stuff. 

It's basically the start of an "S" and some loops. 

First and last name start with an "S" .... so you can make that out, but the rest is all my personal swerves n swipes. Polish name, so I've got "y" and a "z" followed up with a "ski"

No way to make that legible without trying way to hard. Swoops and swerves it is.

Besides, It's a signature right? Wtf should it be easy to recreate? 

Last edited by a moderator:
In high school my signature was pretty much my name written clearly in cursive.  Then in college I was a "floor manager" (look at me) for a drug store.  Part of my responsibilities was to sign a log for employee purchases since we got a discount and the manager had to wring them up.  I would do 10 or more of these on a shift and got tired of doing it so meticulously, so it quickly devolved to first letter of first name, line to first letter of last name and a line to the last letter of the last name.  Now, it's pretty much just those three letters but only the very last letter looks anything like it is supposed to (and that's only because its an L).

My signature is not 100% phonically pronounceable if you didn't know my name. That said, if you know my name (or it's printed underneath the signature), the signature makes sense.

In business, I find it slightly negative when an executive's signature is a completely illegible wavy line - it comes off as arrogant and dismissive. Guys who do that... is that what you are going for? 

In high school my signature was pretty much my name written clearly in cursive.  Then in college I was a "floor manager" (look at me) for a drug store.  Part of my responsibilities was to sign a log for employee purchases since we got a discount and the manager had to wring them up.  I would do 10 or more of these on a shift and got tired of doing it so meticulously, so it quickly devolved to first letter of first name, line to first letter of last name and a line to the last letter of the last name.  Now, it's pretty much just those three letters but only the very last letter looks anything like it is supposed to (and that's only because its an L).
So many great FBGs started there.

I don't know why or when I started doing it, but my signature looks a lot like Michael Jordan's. Not identical as we don't have the same name, but I have the same 2 "legible" letters in mine (first and middle initial) then my last initials (2 capital letters). His signature is not legible, so neither is mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pen on paper, option 2.

Anything on a digital display, you get either a mountain range or my best 4 cycle sine wave.

Users who are viewing this thread