What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRADE THREAD- President Trump signs Phase One of China agreement, China promises to double its purchases in 2020 (5 Viewers)

I agree that Biden should have ended the madness as one of his first moves in office.

The way to combat China isn't through cost increases paid by US consumers, but to rebuild our ability to manufacture in country and establish relationships with other countries.

We also need to partially decouple the mindless pursuit of shareholder value companies have.  It's proven many many times to be harmful to the US.

It's true that he could end the tariffs.  What's not true is that it would automatically help with inflation.  It ONLY helps if the companies charging $50 for what they charged $30 for prior to the tariffs went back to the $30 tag.  Are we to believe that would happen?  I don't.
I work for one of those companies.  I think prices would go down, but you're right, there would also be profit taking.  Also, there's been considerable effort for "tariff mitigation".  Lots of goods that are marked as made in Vietnam, Thailand, etc likely have considerable Chinese component and labor content.  That extension of supply chains is also contributing to supply shortages and raising prices when supply is low. 

I agree that Biden should have ended the madness as one of his first moves in office.

The way to combat China isn't through cost increases paid by US consumers, but to rebuild our ability to manufacture in country and establish relationships with other countries.

We also need to partially decouple the mindless pursuit of shareholder value companies have.  It's proven many many times to be harmful to the US.
Good luck with that.

Users who are viewing this thread