What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRADE THREAD- President Trump signs Phase One of China agreement, China promises to double its purchases in 2020 (7 Viewers)

We can learn a lot about this China trade deal from the Art of the Deal Apocrypha - Chapter : How I taught my Kids all about Winning-*

“When my kids were young, after Thanksgiving,  I would gather them around and let them know that they had been pretty good during the year - I mean not as good as I was as a kid because I was the best kid ever - but still pretty good.  I let them know that they should put together a list of what they wanted from Santa Claus. It was such fun for them. Ivanka would want a pearl necklace and a baby seal fur coat. Don Jr would want a BB gun and an Abercombrie and Fitch Safari Vest.  Tiffany would want something stupid like an adoption from Save the Children, and of course Eric would want an Easy Bake Oven.

As Christmas got closer, the kids would really get excited and I would send them messages all the time, “Santa is coming...it’s going to be great...the GREATEST CHRISTMAS OF ALL TIME”.  They would squeal with delight.

When Christmas morning came, I would have their nurse maid gather them atop our golden staircase.  And then I’d yell “Come on Down and see what’s here.” And they would run with elated jubilation only to find that Santa hadn’t delivered their toys...instead there was a note that read “Sorry, circumstances outside of my control...I’ll bring your gifts tomorrow.”

The next day we would go through the same routine.  Nurse maid would gather the kids...they would come running down the stairs with elated anticipation...only to find no gifts - just a note from Santa with a promise of tomorrow things will be great. I would keep this up for a week because after 7 days the kids really began to feel like the whole Santa thing was just a farce.  And on that last day as they sauntered down the stairs expecting dejection once again - it was then, I would surprise them with Santa gifts - things like a T-shirt from the Trump Tower gift shop that would say I Heart Trump Tower, and maybe a lollypop. It was a good lesson in the Art of the Deal- that there can only be one winner and THIS Santa wasn’t going to let his kids win for a stupid holiday based around something like “giving”.  And I think they really respected me as a father for that.  For the "Santa's" out there - the lesson is if you can hold out false promises over and over- eventually even the smallest move towards resolution will seem like a huge win.”

*There really isn't an Art of the Deal Apocrypha

We can learn a lot about this China trade deal from the Art of the Deal Apocrypha - Chapter : How I taught my Kids all about Winning-*

“When my kids were young, after Thanksgiving,  I would gather them around and let them know that they had been pretty good during the year - I mean not as good as I was as a kid because I was the best kid ever - but still pretty good.  I let them know that they should put together a list of what they wanted from Santa Claus. It was such fun for them. Ivanka would want a pearl necklace and a baby seal fur coat. Don Jr would want a BB gun and an Abercombrie and Fitch Safari Vest.  Tiffany would want something stupid like an adoption from Save the Children, and of course Eric would want an Easy Bake Oven.

As Christmas got closer, the kids would really get excited and I would send them messages all the time, “Santa is coming...it’s going to be great...the GREATEST CHRISTMAS OF ALL TIME”.  They would squeal with delight.

When Christmas morning came, I would have their nurse maid gather them atop our golden staircase.  And then I’d yell “Come on Down and see what’s here.” And they would run with elated jubilation only to find that Santa hadn’t delivered their toys...instead there was a note that read “Sorry, circumstances outside of my control...I’ll bring your gifts tomorrow.”

The next day we would go through the same routine.  Nurse maid would gather the kids...they would come running down the stairs with elated anticipation...only to find no gifts - just a note from Santa with a promise of tomorrow things will be great. I would keep this up for a week because after 7 days the kids really began to feel like the whole Santa thing was just a farce.  And on that last day as they sauntered down the stairs expecting dejection once again - it was then, I would surprise them with Santa gifts - things like a T-shirt from the Trump Tower gift shop that would say I Heart Trump Tower, and maybe a lollypop. It was a good lesson in the Art of the Deal- that there can only be one winner and THIS Santa wasn’t going to let his kids win for a stupid holiday based around something like “giving”.  And I think they really respected me as a father for that.  For the "Santa's" out there - the lesson is if you can hold out false promises over and over- eventually even the smallest move towards resolution will seem like a huge win.”

explains a lot

:lmao:  * millions

:lmao:

So Warren has said that she would be tougher on dealing with China then Trump.  I guess we can cross the t- shirt off the list if she wins.🤟

Thanks to Trump’s trade wars: Farm bankruptcies in Sept. soared to 24% — highest level since 2011. Nearly 40% of projected farm profit this year will come from trade aid, disaster assistance, & federal subsidies. Farm aid has now cost more than double the 2009 auto bailout.

Thanks to Trump’s trade wars: Farm bankruptcies in Sept. soared to 24% — highest level since 2011. Nearly 40% of projected farm profit this year will come from trade aid, disaster assistance, & federal subsidies. Farm aid has now cost more than double the 2009 auto bailout.
Wasn't the auto bailout paid back (thus no actual cost)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don Jr would want a BB gun and an Abercombrie and Fitch Safari Vest.  Tiffany would want something stupid like an adoption from Save the Children, and of course Eric would want an Easy Bake Oven.
I have laughed literally every day, sometimes multiple times, since this part of the post. Bravo GB.

Regarding this trade war with China.  I'm not sure if we're at the part where he says "Circumstance outside my control- Trade Deal Delayed".  Or if we're about to get a Made In China MAGA T-Shirt and an Arsenic-Laced Lollypop.  Stay tuned!

"There's no deal with China to roll back tariffs". 

5 seconds later

"A deal with China will be signed in the US". 

I've been around some people completely whacked out of their gord but this dude never ceases to freak me out. 

Farmers in the Midwest are getting hit with more issues that will affect their income now.  Expect to see even more bankruptcies.

https://www.agweb.com/article/some-iowa-farmers-now-cut-liquid-propane-supplies?fbclid=IwAR1YlQaxcV6lSZl81r2azAe5jvepcipffx4R9I1sbrbtaqhBBN_WthidtKk

huh

David J. Lynch@davidjlynch·11m

UPDATED WITH NAVARRO COMPLAINT: "In latest China pivot, Trump says partial trade deal might not be completed this year"
He wants to time it so a deal happens after the impeachment is over (conviction voted down in the senate)

Even if that deal is only having rolled back the new tariffs for immaterial Chinese promises

If this is an easy war to win I would hate to see what a difficult trade war looks like.
If China thinks Trump is crazy to deal with, just wait if Warren is our next president.  She has stated that She will be way tougher then Trump when it comes to making a deal.  China better hurry up and make a deal!

If China thinks Trump is crazy to deal with, just wait if Warren is our next president.  She has stated that She will be way tougher then Trump when it comes to making a deal.  China better hurry up and make a deal!
Even with the incentive to work with Trump instead of someone more hard lined, it's baffling that he can't get this done as the greatest negotiator ever winning the easiest trade war ever  :lol:  

Come on. The threat of tariffs were being used as leverage. The agreement ostensibly will mobilize and focus more Mexican resources on stemming the flow of undocumented immigrants before they reach the U.S.

Any international agreement is an achievement. We'll see in 90+ days whether the Trump camp should be celebrating. But denying that is just silly.
Illegal Mexico border crossings down 70% since May. Looks like the agreement that wasn't really an agreement was pretty effective after all.

May     -       132,856

June   -        94,902

July    -         71,978

August -       50,684

September - 40,507

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

Illegal Mexico border crossings down 70% since May. Looks like the agreement that wasn't really an agreement was pretty effective after all.

May     -       132,856

June   -        94,902

July    -         71,978

August -       50,684

September - 40,507

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration
That’s not good. It means job demand is shrinking. Hopefully it’s not a trend. We need those numbers way up. 

Central America and Mexico instability are the biggest issues for illegal immigration.  Hopefully they can get much much better. 

That’s not good. It means job demand is shrinking. Hopefully it’s not a trend. We need those numbers way up. 
You're talking low paying, high demand jobs, right?  

I'm not sure how to take those numbers w/o more data to show why.  I could agree with both sides here.  Is it jobs, border security, both.  And what is the right balance?

For jobs, I'm not sure I'm seeing a shortage of low paying, high demand jobs.  Or even low-mid entry level type jobs.  I've actually been witnessing over-educated/experienced people settling for entry-mid level type jobs.  Seems to be more of a shortage of good mid-upper level jobs.  

You're talking low paying, high demand jobs, right?  

I'm not sure how to take those numbers w/o more data to show why.  I could agree with both sides here.  Is it jobs, border security, both.  And what is the right balance?

For jobs, I'm not sure I'm seeing a shortage of low paying, high demand jobs.  Or even low-mid entry level type jobs.  I've actually been witnessing over-educated/experienced people settling for entry-mid level type jobs.  Seems to be more of a shortage of good mid-upper level jobs.  
Nailed it. 

Maybe Trump is learning:

President Donald Trump is expected to announce this week that he is putting off a decision on whether to impose tariffs on European Union autos for another six months, a person familiar with the decision said.

That would avoid a new bruising dispute with one of the United States' biggest trading partners, just as Trump is trying to put out another trade fire by striking an initial deal with China. But it would also set the stage for Trump to revisit the controversial trade issue in the throes of next year's presidential campaign.

In May, Trump said the Commerce Department had determined that imports of autos and auto parts were a threat to national security. He instructed U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer to negotiate deals with both the EU and Japan to address the impairment and report back to him within 180 days on the progress. That deadline is on Wednesday.

The person with familiar the decision cautioned there is always uncertainty surrounding Trump’s final determination when it comes to trades and tariffs. But barring some unforeseen development, the president is expected to announce another six-month delay, the person said.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/11/trump-auto-tariff-decision-delay-069356

How long until we find Trump and entire cabinet are trading these swings?

2020 talking point: "only suckers don't do insider trading"

How long until we find Trump and entire cabinet are trading these swings?

2020 talking point: "only suckers don't do insider trading"
I've been saying this for months. Had an argument with my brother (Trump supporter) back in May about this exact thing. 

Users who are viewing this thread