What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vacation from Hell (1 Viewer)

JuniorGong

Footballguy
My company has an awards trip they run every year for top performers and year it is in Cabo. My wife and I were on the fence about going as my daughter had a nasty stomach bug but she seemed a lot better the night before we were to leave so we decided to go. We arrived in Cabo on Wednesday and the resort is really nice and the weather is perfect. We lounged around the pool, had some sex in the room and we getting ready to go out to dinner. My stomach was a little queasy so I took some Tums. All of a sudden I Beeline it for the toilet and puke like I’ve never puked before, hurl after hurl. Well, my wife tells me that next I just pass out, fall down and gash my head. She was able to get me up in a sitting position where I started to convulse. I #### my underwear and was on the toilet with explosive diarrhea. A doctor came to my room, my blood pressure was really low and he wanted me to go to the hospital to get an IV. I refused to go which pissed off my wife but lord knows how much an emergency trip to a Mexican hospital would end up running. 

My wife has been sick as well so we have spent the last 36 hours in our hotel room barely moving. I’ve drank a ton of fluids but neither one of us has had any food beyond dry toast. Our son at home now has the stomach bug and we are fearful my In-laws are going to get it now as they are taking care of the kids. We are now leaving Cabo in a few hours to fly home early right as we are feeling normal just in case her parents do get sick so we can take care of them.

Gash on my head is going to leave a nasty scar so at least I have something to always remember this trip.

Wow--that does sound terrible.  I hope that you guys have a safe trip back and get well soon.   As bad as it sucks now,---In the future you'll think back about this trip and laugh about how bad it was.   Good luck 

Wow--that does sound terrible.  I hope that you guys have a safe trip back and get well soon.   As bad as it sucks now,---In the future you'll think back about this trip and laugh about how bad it was.   Good luck 
For sure, there are so many worse things in life than a bad vacation. Having a seizure was a first for me but it was only temporary so ultimately we are pretty lucky if this is the worse thing going on for us. 

The General said:
Food poisoning maybe? Sucks to hear. Home will never look so good. 
Pretty sure it was the stomach bug my daughter had right before we left. I stayed in her room the night she got sick and she was puking into a bucket I was holding every few hours.

Everyone else on your plane thanks you.  :loco:

Seriously,  hope the family is all feeling better soon.

JuniorGong said:
My company has an awards trip they run every year for top performers and year it is in Cabo. My wife and I were on the fence about going as my daughter had a nasty stomach bug but she seemed a lot better the night before we were to leave so we decided to go. We arrived in Cabo on Wednesday and the resort is really nice and the weather is perfect. We lounged around the pool, had some sex in the room and we getting ready to go out to dinner. My stomach was a little queasy so I took some Tums. All of a sudden I Beeline it for the toilet and puke like I’ve never puked before, hurl after hurl. Well, my wife tells me that next I just pass out, fall down and gash my head. She was able to get me up in a sitting position where I started to convulse. I #### my underwear and was on the toilet with explosive diarrhea. A doctor came to my room, my blood pressure was really low and he wanted me to go to the hospital to get an IV. I refused to go which pissed off my wife but lord knows how much an emergency trip to a Mexican hospital would end up running. 

My wife has been sick as well so we have spent the last 36 hours in our hotel room barely moving. I’ve drank a ton of fluids but neither one of us has had any food beyond dry toast. Our son at home now has the stomach bug and we are fearful my In-laws are going to get it now as they are taking care of the kids. We are now leaving Cabo in a few hours to fly home early right as we are feeling normal just in case her parents do get sick so we can take care of them.

Gash on my head is going to leave a nasty scar so at least I have something to always remember this trip.
Did you have any drinks at the pool before you got sick??  There's actually been a lot of that type of stuff happening lately.  Pretty scary, actually.

I refused to go which pissed off my wife but lord knows how much an emergency trip to a Mexican hospital would end up running. 
Ran us somewhere between 150-200 for the hospital visit for my daughter (I expected much worse), but the meds were super expensive at about $100 for an antibiotic for an ear infection, granted it was severe.

That same trip I was feeling terrible. Horrible back pains as if I'd pulled every muscle in my lower back. Had a fissure erupt the night before we left to come home. That was a mess. Housekeeping had to have been WTF. Looked like a murder scene. On the bright side we got fast passed through all the security as I was forced to ride in a wheelchair.

Hope everyone feels better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread