What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LGBT, LGBTQ, LGBT+ Thread (3 Viewers)

The actual post says that a priest/detective was too homophobic for Cracker Barrel.  I feel like that’s a pretty solid explanation. 
It certainly is. :yes:  

People like the pastor are a total waste of life.  It's sad to see that some still feel that way. :no:  

Show your support for the LGBT community and the 45th President with this exclusive Make America Great Again Pride Hat.

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/make-america-great-again-pride-hat-red
First 100 orders get a signed hat by Milo Yiannopoulos, plus a lifetime membership in The Log Cabin Club and a 20% discount on the gay conversion therapy clinic of their choice.

Seriously, I can't imagine any LGBT+ person or a supporter of the LGBT+ community wearing a MAGA hat at a pride rally, unless they were trying for some sort of provocation.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it helps, it was named for the actual barrels full of soda crackers at country stores, around which people would gather and discuss the day's events.

Now, their companion store "Run, Whitey, Run Pancake House" concerns me.
I am old enough to understand cracker barrels, pickle barrels, and laying money on the barrelhead.  I just like to be a bit of a #####, from time to time.  It amuses me, if not others, and 90% of the time I post for my amusement alone. 

I am old enough to understand cracker barrels, pickle barrels, and laying money on the barrelhead.  I just like to be a bit of a #####, from time to time.  It amuses me, if not others, and 90% of the time I post for my amusement alone. 
It's discussions like this that are probably why "Run, Whitey, Run" was founded in the first place.

Lovely attitudes over in West Virginia.  State Senator Mike Azinger says "The LGBQT (sic) movement is not about happiness and tolerance, but about indoctrination and a forced acceptance of a perverted and non-biblical view of sexuality."   :loco:   Forced acceptance?!?  The article notes that GOP Chair Melody Potter agrees with the Senator as she states "I am thrilled at the support I am getting for supportive Biblical principles."  I found that Potter teaches Sunday School, so I wonder what she says about, say, Matthew 5 or Mark 10, both of which speak against divorce.  If the Bible is the basis for her views, and divorce is arguably non-Biblical, is divorce perverted as well?  What say ye, madam chair?  If you're hiding behind the Bible regarding homosexuality, do you do the same for divorce?  Or just maybe you need to broaden your viewpoint and understanding.

tri-man 47 said:
Lovely attitudes over in West Virginia.  State Senator Mike Azinger says "The LGBQT (sic) movement is not about happiness and tolerance, but about indoctrination and a forced acceptance of a perverted and non-biblical view of sexuality."   :loco:   Forced acceptance?!?  The article notes that GOP Chair Melody Potter agrees with the Senator as she states "I am thrilled at the support I am getting for supportive Biblical principles."  I found that Potter teaches Sunday School, so I wonder what she says about, say, Matthew 5 or Mark 10, both of which speak against divorce.  If the Bible is the basis for her views, and divorce is arguably non-Biblical, is divorce perverted as well?  What say ye, madam chair?  If you're hiding behind the Bible regarding homosexuality, do you do the same for divorce?  Or just maybe you need to broaden your viewpoint and understanding.
All have sinned and fall short of the kingdom of heaven.  Or something like that. 

Transgender man who gave birth fights to be named as father on child's birth certificate

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/freddy-mcconnell-transgender-man-fights-to-be-named-as-father-birth-certificate-205335809.html

Prior to attending the fertility clinic, McConnell had applied for a gender recognition certificate, a document issued by Parliament that shows a person has satisfied the criteria for legal recognition of their gender identity.

McConnell's certificate was granted before he had his child, meaning he was legally a male when he gave birth. However, the Guardian reports that when the new parent tried to register himself as his baby's father, he was told he could only register as the mother.

His legal team has argued that the UK's birth registration system does not treat transgender parents equally if it can force them to register under terminology that does not correspond with their gender identities.

A court will decide whether or not McConnell will be allowed to be called the child's father later this week.

I'm all for the LGBTQ community's rights. I'm also for common sense.

These are the type of stories that make it hard to support the progressive agenda. 

I'm all for the LGBTQ community's rights. I'm also for common sense.

These are the type of stories that make it hard to support the progressive agenda. 
This is in the UK and represents one individual case that a court has not ruled on yet.

Do you have any proof that this is part of the progressive agenda in this country?

This is in the UK and represents one individual case that a court has not ruled on yet.

Do you have any proof that this is part of the progressive agenda in this country?
It's sad the courts are even wasting time on it.

I feel like it's been a slow creep in to American culture. There has been a push to be more accepting of the trans community and I'm wonder where the line is. 

I just went to a course at NC State and we had a learning block on putting gender pronouns in business email signature blocks. It's getting weird IMO.

Today the United States Supreme Court considers arguments in R.G. & G.R. HARRIS FUNERAL HOMES V EEOC & AIMEE STEPHENS, considering whether it is legal to fire someone for transitioning from male to female.  The arguments being made center around whether firing someone for living as a woman despite being listed as a male on the birth certificate is gender discrimination, since living as a woman while being listed as a female on the birth certificate would not lead to firing. 

Today the United States Supreme Court considers arguments in R.G. & G.R. HARRIS FUNERAL HOMES V EEOC & AIMEE STEPHENS, considering whether it is legal to fire someone for transitioning from male to female.  The arguments being made center around whether firing someone for living as a woman despite being listed as a male on the birth certificate is gender discrimination, since living as a woman while being listed as a female on the birth certificate would not lead to firing. 
Yeah, this one has my family on pins and needles. Brett Kavanaugh is going to have a say in whether or not my 15 year old has equal protection under the law going forward. 

Yeah, this one has my family on pins and needles. Brett Kavanaugh is going to have a say in whether or not my 15 year old has equal protection under the law going forward. 
Either way it goes, keep your 15 year old close and keep reminding everyone of your love and support.

I'm an old man and I'll never work for or with anyone who fires someone for transitioning.  And I am not alone.  

I'm hearing a lot of chatter about Gorsuch being the potential swing vote in these cases.  He's a known textualist  who thinks "consequences be damned" in his opinions - the text of the law prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, and if a male on the birth certificate doing the exact same thing as a female on the birth certificate would be treated differently, that could well be the basis of Gorsuch's ruling.  I guess we'll find out in the near future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread