What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bell or OBJ (1 Viewer)

Edge to WRs for longevity, but I would still take Bell. The points scored by the top tier of RBs trumps that of the top tier WRs. Bell had 85 receptions last season, and OBJ had 100 something the season before, so the PPR impact isn't as significant vs other rbs. 

Edge to WRs for longevity, but I would still take Bell. The points scored by the top tier of RBs trumps that of the top tier WRs. Bell had 85 receptions last season, and OBJ had 100 something the season before, so the PPR impact isn't as significant vs other rbs. 
Yeah this is a strange one.  I currently have Bell.  OBJ is almost a full year younger, and WRs obviously tend to stay productive longer.  Both will probably be impacted by QB changes in a year or so, but no idea how much those changes will affect production.  

If it was a startup draft I would go with OBJ pretty easily I think, but with the way my team is constructed having a strong WR group already, I just don't know.  

OBJ for me. Bell is special but RBs age our much quicker, he has had a huge workload over the years, and most important, scarcity and turnover. Every year there are RB1s in most every rookie draft if you are savvy, not so much with WRs. This draft in particular is rich with RBs.

RBs are the bigger difference maker week to week but a top tier WR will give more in the long run and is much more difficult to acquire. Give me the Beckham

OBJ for me. Bell is special but RBs age our much quicker, he has had a huge workload over the years, and most important, scarcity and turnover. Every year there are RB1s in most every rookie draft if you are savvy, not so much with WRs. This draft in particular is rich with RBs.

RBs are the bigger difference maker week to week but a top tier WR will give more in the long run and is much more difficult to acquire. Give me the Beckham
My only pick in this year's draft is pick 12, so not likely to get a good RB there.  My other RBs are pretty meh overall with Derrick Henry (and Dion Lewis), Alex Collins, Lamar Miller, Demarco Murray, and Chris Thompson.

That said, I am still leaning towards making the move for OBJ even though I am stacked at WR (Brown, Evans, Keenan Allen, Allen RObinson, TY Hilton, Edelman, Demaryius).

The starting requirements are 2 RB, 3 WR, and 1 TE with 2 flex, so being able to start 5 WRs every week makes their longevity pretty valuable. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My only pick in this year's draft is pick 12, so not likely to get a good RB there.  My other RBs are pretty meh overall with Derrick Henry (and Dion Lewis), Alex Collins, Lamar Miller, Demarco Murray, and Chris Thompson.

That said, I am still leaning towards making the move for OBJ even though I am stacked at WR (Brown, Evans, Keenan Allen, Allen RObinson, TY Hilton, Edelman, Demaryius).

The starting requirements are 2 RB, 3 WR, and 1 TE with 2 flex, so being able to start 5 WRs every week makes their longevity pretty valuable. 
Since you have a solid starting 5 WR's already (OBJ would basically bump Hilton/Edelmen/Demaryius) and your RB's are hurting I would probably keep Bell.  The difference between OBJ vs Hilton/Edelmen/Thomas versus the difference between Bell and Miller/Demarco/Thompson is quite large.  You seem to take a much bigger hit on the RB downgrade.

I am also assuming the cost is fairly similar (salary cap/length of time able to keep, etc) so there is no gain from Bell vs OBJ when comparing those aspects. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I would keep Bell given your roster. You have team that can contend, and your WR depth is great. the first thing I would do is wait. Wait until the OBJ trade rumors are done and he is either signed to a new contract or traded. Both have question marks for their furture as you stated with QB/team switches possible, but OBJs situation will be more transparent before Bells. May not know what Bell will do until next offseason. 

Gally said:
Since you have a solid starting 5 WR's already (OBJ would basically bump Hilton/Edelmen/Damayius) and your RB's are hurting I would probably keep Bell.  The difference between OBJ vs Hilton/Edelmen/Thomas versus the difference between Bell and Miller/Demarco/Thompson is quite large.  You seem to take a much bigger hit on the RB downgrade.

I am also assuming the cost is fairly similar (salary cap/length of time able to keep, etc) so there is no gain from Bell vs OBJ when comparing those aspects. 
This is why this is a tough decision.  Even though this move would technically weaken my lineup, I would still be a pretty heavy favorite to get a 1st round bye this year.  I wanted to keep that going as long as possible, and I think OBJ gives me a much better chance at that in 2,3,4,5,and 6 years from now.

I am a RB guy, but I take OBJ here.

OBJ's scoring is underrated.  He has a 25ppg season under his belt (which is at the top end of even elite RBs), and 18.5ppg is his career worst.  That would be incredible for a RB with a short shelf life, but at a position where he legitimately probably has another ~7 years of elite play left, it's crazy.

I try not to worry too much about RB/WR mix in the offseason.  That kind of stuff will work itself out.  I'd rather move one of your other WRs for a RB than miss out on OBJ.

Can you say your intentions post-trade?  (imho) It almost appears that you could consider trading two WR's for another (younger) proven RB   Only problem being that you may overvalue/man crush a bit much on one of the players ie. Say the team w/ the 1.01 pick sends an offer??

Its really just hard to know too much and bad business to assume too   Would you agree that your a pretty good judge of Rookie RB's?  IF true it almost makes it a slam dunk to acquire OBJ

Users who are viewing this thread