What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If the Rockets were to win the NBA championship... (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
This is something that no one has thought of except yours truly: If the Houston Rockets were to win the NBA championship, they'd do the same thing for the city of Houston that the New Orleans Saints of the NFL did for their city when they won the Super Bowl.  They'd give the city of Houston a feelgood comeback story and it would lift the city's spirits following their natural disaster. Remember Hurricane Katrina and how it totally destroyed the city of New Orleans?  Well, about 5 years after Katrina, the city of New Orleans rebounded in professional sports when the Saints won the Super Bowl.  Well, Hurricane Harvey totally destroyed the city of Houston.  Yes, I know the Astros won the World Series last year, but it'd be an even better feelgood story for all the people in Houston if the Rockets were to win the NBA Championship as well.  Does anyone else besides me think the same thing that I am if the Rockets were to win the NBA championship this year?

Hey I love it, and it’s a great way to think of it. I have family in Houston and yeah I know the city would love it. Here’s hoping for a Rockets-Pels WC Final!

Users who are viewing this thread