What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Minneapolis / Twin Cities area support group (1 Viewer)

FBG26

Footballguy
I've seen pictures on social media of people grilling and drinking beer in shorts. Apparently 18 inches of snow on April 15 is causing our neighbors to lose it.  Everyone in this area still sane? 

Every winter my wife and I complain a little more about the winters. We are moving after my youngest graduates high school. He’s in fourth grade.  :(

Just plowed 14" from the driveway. I think I'll leave the plow on stand-by rather than storing away for the offseason. 

Just got done snowblowing (again). Probably close to 13” inches of snow in new hope.  

Been tryng to talk my wife into moving somewhere warmer for years. This last bit of snow helped with that decision. 

Our youngest just graduated high school last and my wife gets her RN december and then we are out of here. Thinking Colorado (have family out there), Florida or the carolinas.  Done with this. 

Last edited by a moderator:
HS baseball is a spring sport here. :wall: Our youth "summer" baseball is supposed to start league play in one week. Yeah, not even close. There are plenty of things I like about living in the Twin Cities, but I'm just not sure they outweigh the climate here. :IHateThis:

The Dreaded Marco said:
My daughter is moving to Northfield in August to start college. I just told her about this thread. She’s rethinking her decision. 
Much easier to endure in Northfield than the Cities.  Easier to find an Intramural Cafeteria Tray  Sledding team.  

(BTW, Congratulations.  Carleton and St. Olaf are excellent schools.  Whichever one she attends will provide an outstanding education.)

It’s not even really the snowfall or necessarily the amount.  It’s that the snowfall will push back spring about 3 to 4 weeks. Which means we may not have grass growing and golf courses and baseball diamonds fully open until the middle of May. 

Not sure how any high school spring sports will actually play games this year. By the time fields are usable, it'll be nearly playoff time.

Made it home safe... to find over 2 feet of snow in my driveway. 

The City of Blaine was nice enough to plow over 2 feet of compacted snow at the end of it.  :mellow:

FBG26 said:
I've seen pictures on social media of people grilling and drinking beer in shorts. Apparently 18 inches of snow on April 15 is causing our neighbors to lose it.  Everyone in this area still sane? 
still ...  Most of us up here lost our sanity MANY years ago..

Only way to explain why we live here and at least put on a good show of enjoying it ;)

ETA - we got about 20" here total from Friday to this morning.

BigJim® said:
My Xmas lights are still frozen to ice in the gutters. I might plug them in again tonight.
:lmao: I got the Icicles removed from my roof back in March when we had a brief reprieve from the cold.. But still have Deer's stuck in the frozen ground.

It’s not even really the snowfall or necessarily the amount.  It’s that the snowfall will push back spring about 3 to 4 weeks. Which means we may not have grass growing and golf courses and baseball diamonds fully open until the middle of May. 
don't forget fishing... Wisconsin Fishing opener is May 5th and the lakes up here still have close to 2 feet of ice..... Looks like it might be a "Ice Fishing" opener this year. :lol:

don't forget fishing... Wisconsin Fishing opener is May 5th and the lakes up here still have close to 2 feet of ice..... Looks like it might be a "Ice Fishing" opener this year. :lol:
 Wow, yeah I didn’t even think of that. And to think that last year they had to cancel pond hockey tournaments and ice fishing tournaments because the lakes never froze hard enough. 

Working from home since I couldn't get my car out of the driveway.  I shoveled three times since the snow started, but the snow built up under the car and is now stuck.  It's going to be above freezing, so I can either shovel it out, or wait it out.  Leaning towards waiting it out.

After moving the 18 inches from the sidewalk and digging out the plowed-in driveway, I am sore in my core. It hurts to stand up straight. 

Driveway way down to concrete yesterday at 5pm. Woke up to 3” more. #### that I’m leaving it to melt. 

Made it home safe... to find over 2 feet of snow in my driveway. 

The City of Blaine was nice enough to plow over 2 feet of compacted snow at the end of it.  :mellow:
It's better than being over in Club West. They didn't start plowing the side streets there until about 7 pm last night. My street literally had cars that got stuck and the owners just left them there in the stuck position. It was like a frozen graveyard for cars, and those that weren't stuck were running their own little obstacle course around them. Club West Parkway is a city street and was plowed right away, but 1/2 block away in our neighborhood you were trapped in your own little hell, with few able to get out to the plowed street. 

bagger said:
High of 88 today checking in.

:mellow:
It was 83 in NC yesterday. Been a rainy spring and March was colder than February, but it was a gorgeous weekend. Should be 70s most of the week. 

Just you wait. There will be three or four days where this summer were we'll be able to say "See? THIS is why we live in Minnesota!"
Yep, always laugh at my wife’s family/friends that line in upstate NY. We usually go there in July for a long weekend and it can be really nice. They always mention how nice July and sometimes August are. I don’t have the heart to tell them that weather is usually Spring and Fall for us here in NC. I don’t mind the heat in the summer. Hanging out with air conditioning, cold drinks in shorts and a T-shirt isn’t exactly shoveling 20 inches bad. Plus the summer nights and mornings are nice. I hated the weather up there, no chance I’d ever live there. You guys are nuts!

Okay. For those of you who survived last winter/spring and despite the fact that the snow seems to want to last until NFL preseason, I'm planning a family trip to see the Vikes vs Iggles this October. Probably looking at a whirlwind in on Friday out On Monday time frame. One of our must do's is a stadium tour, but other than that we're flexible. I'm totally in planning stage so I'm open to any suggestions /ideas /hints/help from local FBGs. 

Spring in MN is awesome.  Sitting out on the deck yesterday with the family with the sun beating down on a perfect 70 degree day....and NO bugs!

My daughter survived her first winter in Northfield.  And other than the week of 30-below, thought it was pretty tolerable.  She's loving the spring weather.

Okay. For those of you who survived last winter/spring and despite the fact that the snow seems to want to last until NFL preseason, I'm planning a family trip to see the Vikes vs Iggles this October. Probably looking at a whirlwind in on Friday out On Monday time frame. One of our must do's is a stadium tour, but other than that we're flexible. I'm totally in planning stage so I'm open to any suggestions /ideas /hints/help from local FBGs. 
October is beautiful with the leaves changing. Might want to look into a St Croix River or Lake Minnetonka tour.

https://www.stillwaterriverboats.com

https://al-almas.com/public

Surly Brewery, among others

You don't have to go to Matt's for a Juicy Lucy, they're everywhere.

I miss living in the Cities... until I remember the winter.

Fast forward to 3 years later. Available vacation time, school schedules, COVID, Riots-R-Us, money all put the kabash on the trip. So now because of the perils of social media it's looking like if I'm going to be able to do this this year it'd be a solo trip. 

I'd prefer an all inclusive (airfare, transfers, game tickets, stadium tour, hotel, whateverelse). Target is the October 30th Arizona or DA Bears game on 10/9

Anyone know of any good travel agents who do well with out of towers? 

TIA (again) 

I think the locals are just mad at you for bumping a thread reminding them of getting 15+inches of snow in the middle of April a few years back. 

Also, we probably no idea on a travel agent who could put together a package for you. Sorry for being no help whatsoever. 

Users who are viewing this thread